SmashLives!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SmashLives!

SmashLife 2: the sequel project - SmashLives.....It's ALIVE!

+3
IOV
Big Dave
The Ayatollah
7 posters

Gary Speed RIP

The Ayatollah
    The Ayatollah

Number of posts : 719
    Registration date : 2008-09-16

Gary Speed RIP Empty Gary Speed RIP

Post  The Ayatollah Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:33 am

Tragic day for british football today, couldnt beleive the news about Speed when i saw Sky Sports News at lunchtime. I mean fookin ell he was on Football Focus just yesterday!!

A committed player held in high regard by every side he played for, and a very promising manager who was doin well with the Welsh team. My thoughts go out to his wife and kids at this awful time.

Shows how highly thought of he was in the game with all the messages of condolence from ex teammates and clubs he worked with. Shay Given was visibly distraught before the Villa-Swansea game and quite understandable

RIP Speedo....all footy fans will remember you as a great midfielder and top guy
    Big Dave
    Big Dave

Number of posts : 1194
    Registration date : 2008-09-23

Gary Speed RIP Empty Re: Gary Speed RIP

Post  Big Dave Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:37 am

This has shocked me in a way that I could never have imagined, the footage of the crowd before the Swansea match brought a tear to my eye.
    IOV
    IOV

Number of posts : 998
    Registration date : 2008-09-16

Post  IOV Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:58 am

Not nice news to get when you've pulled yourself out of bed with a hangover!

Depression is a horrible thing
    showstealer
    showstealer

Number of posts : 1991
    Registration date : 2008-09-17

Post  showstealer Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:00 am

Like IOV I too had just rolled out of bed, feeling a bit sorry for myself and disappointed that half of Sunday was already over.

Complex thing is depression. He was smiling and cheerful on football focus and was being praised by Gary McAllister, who claimed that he always knew that Speed had what it took to be a top manager. Speed was in a dark place which many wouldn't have been aware of, as a TV viewer I certainly had no idea, and this has been true of wrestlers who seem to suffer from it more than most. I was stunned and my thoughts go out to his family and friends.

From a sporting point of view, it is disappointing as the Wales team were making great progress under his leadership.

R.I.P.
    Shane McMahon
    Shane McMahon

Number of posts : 355
    Registration date : 2008-10-12

Post  Shane McMahon Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:14 am

IOV wrote:Not nice news to get when you've pulled yourself out of bed with a hangover!

Depression is a horrible thing

Sorry to hear that. But all-night benders followed by waking up in the late afternoon is not the solution.
    showstealer
    showstealer

Number of posts : 1991
    Registration date : 2008-09-17

Post  showstealer Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:53 am

There are rumours, which I do not believe, that The Sun were going to release a story announcing that Speed was gay. I doubt they would do this in the middle of the enquiry.
    Shaun2J

Number of posts : 1030
    Registration date : 2008-09-19

Post  Shaun2J Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:18 am

This was one respected guy and had a footballing brain on the pitch. Deeply saddened at the loss. R.I.P
    brother of destruction
    brother of destruction

Number of posts : 370
    Registration date : 2008-09-15

Post  brother of destruction Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:00 am

Genuinely nice guy & great talent. Really sad at the news of his passing. RIP.

Was a really nice tribute at St James's this week against Chelsea. The official one was postponed to the Swansea game next week so his wife can attend, but in the 11th Minute, the crowd stood singing "stand up for Gary Speed" with some old school scarf swinging. Much more genuine than a card stunt IMO. I understand Leeds did a similar tribute for 11 Mins.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:53 pm