SmashLives!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SmashLives!

SmashLife 2: the sequel project - SmashLives.....It's ALIVE!

3 posters

HHH Promo on Raw.

showstealer
    showstealer

Number of posts : 1991
    Registration date : 2008-09-17

HHH Promo on Raw. Empty HHH Promo on Raw.

Post  showstealer Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:43 pm

One of the worst ever?

You have to get over with the fans whilst they chant CM Punk. scratch

Tell them that Cena did it whilst they boo. shrug

That and a whole load of fake shoot bollocks was awful television.
    Garibaldi
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

Number of posts : 1401
    Registration date : 2008-09-15

HHH Promo on Raw. Empty Re: HHH Promo on Raw.

Post  Garibaldi Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:37 am

"This isn't CM Punk talking to Triple H...This is Phil Brooks talking to Paul Levesque"

can't help but think that confused their target audience of 8 year olds...
    showstealer
    showstealer

Post  showstealer Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:24 am

The whole thing was a massive clusterfuck. The week before HHH stated that some like it, CM Punk counted by saying he wants everyone to like it! chin ponder

I did like CM Punks tease which ended with him hitting HHH with the mic instead of dropping a pipe bomb. That's proper wrestling! The worked shoot Vince Russo bollocks is just awful.
    IOV
    IOV

Number of posts : 998
    Registration date : 2008-09-16

Post  IOV Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:28 am

That's not what I took from it at all SS, I saw it as HHH telling him he doesn't need the approval of himself or Nash or Cena or whoever he is raging against this week. He was letting Punk know if he's over with the fans he is over with the company and also reminding him this time last year the fans were not chanting his name.

I think a lot of people are being negative about this because of some insider comments and also because the angle has been rushed so much. It obviously didn't come across as well as they would have liked but i'm looking forward to future interactions between the two on the mic.
    showstealer
    showstealer

Post  showstealer Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:23 am

The reason he's gotten so over in recent months is because of THAT promo. He also pointed out the reaction he received at a Survivor Series in Chicago was louder than DX received and they were very over at the time.

There's no doubting that HHH can cut a decent main-event promo and I think you've hit the nail on the head regarding the insider comments (massive no no from me due to watching WCW in 2000!) and how rushed the angle is. I guess Nash was meant to fight him with it building up to HHH? Nash texting himself is an interesting idea... scratch I guess they suddenly remembered what Nash is like in ring.

Also the comments that HHH and the commentators make about Cena being over as he gets a reaction from everyone are intellectually-challenging and only go to strengthen Punk's claims. As The Rocks said (or says?!) Cena is the only guy who gets booed in his home town, but then again with the state the company is in who else could they use as an example of getting pushed and how can they argue against what Punk is saying?! No one other than Punk and perhaps Orton have been able to get over with the crowd, and Punk was purely down to him as he stated.

They need to have Punk advertising the ice creams, could be quite a funny chessey video.
    IOV
    IOV

Number of posts : 998
    Registration date : 2008-09-16

Post  IOV Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:00 am

I don't think Nash's involvement in this is over and he probably will interfere on Sunday. The whole texting himself bullshit will be tied in with Lauranitis some how. He gave Nash the contract, he told HHH he had been in accident and he was the man that came to the ring with Vince to ring the bell at MITB.

Ideally it would have been nice for this to be stretched out for a couple of months and there had even been rumours of HHH v Punk at Wrestlemania but something has happened to make them speed it up. Maybe it was the fact that Nash hasn't changed his promos since the late 90's, "Go ahead fire me I don't care I have a guaranteed contract" and couldn't hang with Punk on the mic, maybe he was going to be a liability in the ring due to his injuries over the years. I still see Johnny Ace playing a big part in it and maybe at the end even Vince McMahon having a major role in the whole story as well.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:55 am