SmashLives!

SmashLife 2: the sequel project - SmashLives.....It's ALIVE!

Neil Lennon

Big Dave

Number of posts : 1194
    Registration date : 2008-09-23

Neil Lennon

Post  Big Dave on Thu May 12, 2011 2:08 am

I see he was attacked last night.

What is it about him that makes people so angry? The three before him (strachan, pardew and o'neill)didn't get all this hate.
    IOV

Number of posts : 998
    Registration date : 2008-09-16

Re: Neil Lennon

Post  IOV on Thu May 12, 2011 11:06 am

He's pretty much a symbol of Celtic over the past decade and also one of the most high profile Catholic captains of Northern Ireland ever which makes him a target for every hard line sectarian out there. It's disgusting really, people need to realise it's just a game and stop taking it so seriously. I read there have been more death threats sent to Celtic for Lennon today as well, this guy is actually being threatened for doing his job it's crazy. He didn't help himself goading the crowd at Ibrox a few weeks back but these death threats have been going on for years and all because of his religion. If he was black there would be international out roar and it would never have been allowed to go this far instead people make fun of it on Facebook.

I am in no way a Celtic or Lennon fan but it's really starting to piss me off!
    showstealer

Number of posts : 1977
    Registration date : 2008-09-17

Post  showstealer on Thu May 12, 2011 11:07 am

Pardew? Shocked

Basically you have to be careful with the Old Firm, Lennon loves winding people up and is an Northern Irish Catholic.

Extremely embaressing for Scottish football and I think Lennon should step down at the end of the season for his own safety.
    showstealer

Post  showstealer on Thu May 12, 2011 11:10 am

IOV wrote:If he was black there would be international out roar and it would never have been allowed to go this far instead people make fun of it on Facebook.
    Fantastic point!
    Big Dave

Post  Big Dave on Thu May 12, 2011 2:11 pm

I think the SFA should close down Celtic and Rangers and let one new team represent the whole of Glasgow, religion has no place in football.
    IOV

Number of posts : 998
    Registration date : 2008-09-16

Post  IOV on Thu May 12, 2011 2:58 pm

Big Dave wrote:I think the SFA should close down Celtic and Rangers and let one new team represent the whole of Glasgow, religion has no place in football.

And lose the two biggest cash cows in the league?

It suits the SFA to have all this craziness surronding both clubs, they build the Old Firm up as one of the most intense match in the world and then complain when it boils over on the pitch or off the field. As Showstealer said it would be best for Lennon to stand down for his and his families safety but he's a proud guy and I can't see it happening.

People always ask me why I don't support Celtic or watch Scottish football as a whole and I tell them that if I wanted to watch shit football I would go to my local park but the truth is I wouldn't want to be linked to some of the numpties who support Celtic or attacked by a crowd of Rangers fans for wearing a Celtic shirt.

Although the latest incident doesn't involve Rangers both they and Celtic have to get their house in order and start cracking down on their fans sectarian chants and also the players behaviour in the Old Firm games.
    brother of destruction

Number of posts : 370
    Registration date : 2008-09-15

Post  brother of destruction on Fri May 13, 2011 2:37 am

I can't see the SFA or anyone doing anything about it. It produces at least 4 big games a season that the TV channels fall over themselves to cover. If you remove the hate from it, what exactly do you have to sell? I hate the sectariansim with a passion, but I'm sceptical about all the "we're going to sort this out".

Post  showstealer on Fri May 13, 2011 4:53 am

I assuming merging Celtic & Rangers was a joke? Very Happy

The SFA will end up like the Welsh league without them. They're massive (in terms of fan base) clubs, bigger than everything south of the border other than Man Utd and Liverpool. Religious reasons don't play a small part in achieving this status and it also attracts fans worldwide from outside Glasgow, most of whom want to side with one team due to the intensity of the rivally.

The FA would go out of their way to get either team in the premier league. Their brands are massive and would fit in to their global marketing strategy better than Wigan, Stoke, Fulham and Blackpool, allowing them to increase television revenue to an even more ludicrous level. They will also fill large stadiums home and away giving clubs a big pay day in the cup. Their baggage is the reason why instead they're firmly against it.
    Big Dave

Post  Big Dave on Fri May 13, 2011 8:56 am

It was a joke. Although on the subject of wales they should send Cardiff and Swansea back there!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:53 am