SmashLives!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SmashLives!

SmashLife 2: the sequel project - SmashLives.....It's ALIVE!

+5
Mr Torrie Wilson
Big Dave
Outlaw2x4
warriorfan
RVDSucka
9 posters

Edge retires from WWE

RVDSucka
    RVDSucka

Number of posts : 29
    Registration date : 2009-12-28

Edge retires from WWE Empty Edge retires from WWE

Post  RVDSucka Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:06 pm

"Less than a week after his successful title defense against Alberto Del Rio at WrestleMania XXVII, World Heavyweight Champion Edge has been forced to retire from in-ring competition due to injury. The unexpected news brings to an end a storied WWE career spanning 13 years and consisting of 11 World Title reigns.

The Rated-R Superstar had been suffering numbness and uncontrollable trembling in his arms and hands. This is not the first time Edge has experienced these symptoms of nueropraxia. An MRI in Atlanta last Monday was sent to Dr. Joseph Maroon, a renowned neurosurgeon and professor of neurosurgery at The Pittsburgh School of Medicine. After careful examination of the MRI, it was determined that Edge would never be cleared to compete again, and thus, he is forced to retire.

In 2003, Edge underwent a two level spinal fusion of the discs between his C5, C6 and C7 vertebrae. After being cleared to compete, The Rated-R Superstar returned to the ring, resulting in stenosis of the spine, or a narrowing of the spinal column, above and below the fused discs. This narrowing resulted in less and less of the vital fluid needed to protect the spinal cord. Medical professionals cannot clear Edge to compete ever again in WWE since doing so could result in paralysis or even death."

Sad to see Edge go but really glad they caught this before things got worse. Too many times these guys don't know when to call it quits even when they know theyre in bad shape.
    Outlaw2x4
    Outlaw2x4

Number of posts : 664
    Registration date : 2008-09-18

Edge retires from WWE Empty Re: Edge retires from WWE

Post  Outlaw2x4 Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:17 am

Wow that's a real shock. Especially considering he wrestled one of the better matches at WM last week. But at least he had the foresight to call it a day and not risk himself any further.
    showstealer
    showstealer

Number of posts : 1991
    Registration date : 2008-09-17

Post  showstealer Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:31 am

He should manage Christian.Smile

I liked him when he first started but got bored of him pretty damn quickly. Big blow for WWE has they don't have many main eventers and may have to make changes to a poor show.
    warriorfan
    warriorfan

Number of posts : 2
    Registration date : 2011-04-11

Post  warriorfan Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:36 am

Poor guy, he is still pretty young too. Anyone remember The Brood? I haven't paid much attention to wrestling in years, but I was just remembering this group a few months ago. They had quite an interesting entrance- pretty fun to watch as a youngster too.
    Outlaw2x4
    Outlaw2x4

Number of posts : 664
    Registration date : 2008-09-18

Post  Outlaw2x4 Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:52 am

Big Dave
    Big Dave

Number of posts : 1194
    Registration date : 2008-09-23

Post  Big Dave Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:36 am

Its harsh when you think old men like Hogan are still able to wrestle.
    showstealer
    showstealer

Post  showstealer Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:16 am

Big Dave wrote:Its harsh when you think old men like Hogan are still able to wrestle.
    That's because he doesn't take any bumps and has never been able to wrestle. cool v
    Mr Torrie Wilson
    Mr Torrie Wilson

Number of posts : 302
    Registration date : 2008-10-03

Post  Mr Torrie Wilson Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:32 am

Hogan isn't able to do much of anything these days. His back is completely fucked.
    IOV
    IOV

Number of posts : 998
    Registration date : 2008-09-16

Post  IOV Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:06 am

Original: Hulk Hogan tweeted the following about Edge's retirement...

"if any of the guys like me,Flair,Hardy,Andre,AA,Blanchard,orndoff,Henning would have listened to doctors we would have quit15yrsago. but I don't know Edges working environment because they are a media company not a wrestling company. HH"

"wrestlers work hurt! What about Foley! I bet EDGE still wants to keep wrestling,he's one of the boys big time!!! HH"

Update: After getting some criticism for his original comments about Edge, Hogan clarified what he said in some more tweets.

"I'm not saying anything bad about Edge but he's a real wrestler,Stone Cold and Cena had neck surgery and u couldn't stop em,Or Edge it's in Edges blood,he lives for this business he's a real wrestler,he a lifer,he's one of the real boys,he's hard to hold down,that's all. HH"

Conclusion........Fuck up Hogan
    Shane McMahon
    Shane McMahon

Number of posts : 355
    Registration date : 2008-10-12

Post  Shane McMahon Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:42 am

ShowStealer wrote:He should manage Christian.Smile

I liked him when he first started but got bored of him pretty damn quickly.

He bored me from the moment he went solo in 2001.

showstealer
    showstealer

Post  showstealer Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:43 am

pray

Mr Torrie Wilson wrote:Hogan isn't able to do much of anything these days. His back is completely fucked.

cheers
    Garibaldi
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

Number of posts : 1401
    Registration date : 2008-09-15

Post  Garibaldi Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:44 am

It's pretty gutting, especially as the battle royal afterwards showed that without him, Taker and Kane, there are no real big guns on SD other than Show and a perpertually injured Rey. He was a mainstay for the company who had earned everything he got.

The timing is strange, thouigh. If they knew there was a risk before WM, why have him go over? he Christian reunion to me still seemed to be underplayed like the initial Hardys reunions - not even suggeston of a con-chair-to (yes I know chairs to the head are banned, but the suggeston that they may have been forced to such extremes to stop Clay or Zeke would have put them over as powerhouses)- so that seemed to have long-term planning involved. Simple question would be "why run the risk?" If Christian would have been next in line, youi could have had Del Rio take ed out kayfabe a week or w befoe te show, then Teddy at the last minute to announce his replacement at WM as Christian and the feud was already in place.

I wonder if they had concerns as long ago as last summer, given the Edge + Christian road to wrestlemania thread in SvR...
    Garibaldi
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

Number of posts : 1401
    Registration date : 2008-09-15

Post  Garibaldi Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:51 am

Oh, and Hogan is a tool.

15 years ago, Andre was already dead, Hardy was a jobber, he could have walked himself (unlike now...) after the invasion. I get his point, but there must have been a way to do it without screwing the pooch straight off the bat.

There is no way that the doctor's could know for sure, even today, when it will happen, but there will be someone in the ring who will go down and, as Edge said in one of the three speeches this week, can't get back up or never fully recovers (Droz, Bret, Austin, HHH, Benoit to name a few)
    showstealer
    showstealer

Post  showstealer Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:02 am

Garibaldi wrote:It's pretty gutting, especially as the battle royal afterwards showed that without him, Taker and Kane, there are no real big guns on SD other than Show and a perpertually injured Rey. He was a mainstay for the company who had earned everything he got.

The timing is strange, thouigh. If they knew there was a risk before WM, why have him go over? he Christian reunion to me still seemed to be underplayed like the initial Hardys reunions - not even suggeston of a con-chair-to (yes I know chairs to the head are banned, but the suggeston that they may have been forced to such extremes to stop Clay or Zeke would have put them over as powerhouses)- so that seemed to have long-term planning involved. Simple question would be "why run the risk?" If Christian would have been next in line, youi could have had Del Rio take ed out kayfabe a week or w befoe te show, then Teddy at the last minute to announce his replacement at WM as Christian and the feud was already in place.

I wonder if they had concerns as long ago as last summer, given the Edge + Christian road to wrestlemania thread in SvR...
    The WWE main event has been stale for ages and gradually reducing in size, although they've started to address this by pushing Shaemus, Morrison, Dolph, Del Rio(the last 3 no where near as much as they should've), Wade Barrett. The last name should sound alarm bells with how weak the roster is.

The interest in wrestling is falling sharply, which may be why there's not much young talent coming through.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:38 pm