SmashLives!

SmashLife 2: the sequel project - SmashLives.....It's ALIVE!

Oh by the by, Bret Hart Signs with the WWE

showstealer

Number of posts : 1979
    Registration date : 2008-09-17

Re: Oh by the by, Bret Hart Signs with the WWE

Post  showstealer on Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:19 am

The Stig wrote:
    ShowStealer wrote:
    Ram Jam wrote:Stig, you honestly think that Bret never had a great match?

Read this.

I'm not trolling; I genuinely think Bret's crap. Just like I believe Kurt Angle to be overrated.
    So who do you rate?
    The Stig

Number of posts : 702
    Registration date : 2008-09-15

Post  The Stig on Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:29 am

From those that are still active today; in no particular order: Chris Jericho, Shawn Michaels, The Undertaker, AJ Styles, CM Punk, Colt Cabana, Chris Sabin, Mickie James, Nigel McGuinness, Evan Bourne (mostly pre-WWE days), to name just a few. Smile
    showstealer

Post  showstealer on Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:18 pm

I'm a bit surprised that you choose The Undertaker, he does seem to be the odd one out on your list.
    The Stig

Post  The Stig on Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:25 pm

ShowStealer wrote:I'm a bit surprised that you choose The Undertaker, he does seem to be the odd one out on your list.

I think he carries his opponents exceptionally well, dragging people to atleast average to good matches when the likes of Kurt Angle, Ric Flair, etc are unable to. He can also adapt his style to match that of any opponent he faces, and I'm a particular fan of his crisp delivery of his wide array of moves.
    showstealer

Post  showstealer on Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:44 pm

The Stig wrote:
    ShowStealer wrote:I'm a bit surprised that you choose The Undertaker, he does seem to be the odd one out on your list.

I think he carries his opponents exceptionally well, dragging people to atleast average to good matches when the likes of Kurt Angle, Ric Flair, etc are unable to. He can also adapt his style to match that of any opponent he faces, and I'm a particular fan of his crisp delivery of his wide array of moves.
    Sorry, Ric Flair was unable to carry an average wrestler to a good match? Have you ever heard of Sting?

Suspect

I also saw Angle carry Bob Holy to a decent match! The Undertaker hardly adapts his style.
    The Stig

Post  The Stig on Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:54 pm

ShowStealer wrote:
    The Stig wrote:

Sorry, Ric Flair was unable to carry an average wrestler to a good match? Have you ever heard of Sting?

Suspect

I also saw Angle carry Bob Holy to a decent match! The Undertaker hardly adapts his style.

Of course I've heard of Sting, I think The Police are a great band.

I saw Angle break Bob Holly's arm. Kurt Angle = reckless.
    Shaun2J

Number of posts : 1030
    Registration date : 2008-09-19

Post  Shaun2J on Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:32 am

The Stig wrote:
    ShowStealer wrote:
    The Stig wrote:

Suspect

Come on, that's the best thing Bob Holly's ever done.
    showstealer

Post  showstealer on Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:45 am

The Stig wrote:
    ShowStealer wrote:
    The Stig wrote:

Suspect

I'll give you that, The Undertaker does take care of his opponents a lot more than Angle does.
    Shane McMahon

Number of posts : 352
    Registration date : 2008-10-12

Post  Shane McMahon on Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:55 am

I'll be watching RAW live for the first time in years. Gotta see this Bret Hart return. They better not swerve and bring out a midget dressed like him.
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

Number of posts : 1401

Post  Garibaldi on Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:28 am

All the midget storylines now centre around DX, so unless they're turning them heel, which they would have done over the Hornswoggle thing, I don't see that happening

Plus they pull that against TNA's Hogan unveil and they'll shot themselves in the foot

The Final Cylon

Number of posts : 350

Post  'Dub on Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:52 am

Garibaldi wrote:All the midget storylines now centre around DX, so unless they're turning them heel, which they would have done over the Hornswoggle thing, I don't see that happening

Plus they pull that against TNA's Hogan unveil and they'll shot themselves in the foot

They'd still get more ratings Smile
    showstealer

Post  showstealer on Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:33 am

'Dub wrote:
    Garibaldi wrote:All the midget storylines now centre around DX, so unless they're turning them heel, which they would have done over the Hornswoggle thing, I don't see that happening

They'd still get more ratings Smile
    That's guaranteed. How many returns can Hogan have before they stop becoming a draw? A Hart return on WWE would be a bigger draw than anything TNA could do.
    Outlaw2x4

Number of posts : 664
    Registration date : 2008-09-18

Post  Outlaw2x4 on Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:35 am

And on top of that Hogan is predicting a 3.0 for Impact. Laughing
    The Ayatollah

Number of posts : 719
    Registration date : 2008-09-16

Post  The Ayatollah on Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:05 am

And then the Hulkster woke up Laughing

No chance TNA will pull a 3.0, 2.0 if they are very lucky! Much rather see Bret than that washed up fart Hogan anyday even with Bret being unable to wrestle
    The Stig

Post  The Stig on Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:45 am

The Ayatollah wrote:And then the Hulkster woke up Laughing

No chance TNA will pull a 3.0, 2.0 if they are very lucky! Much rather see Bret than that washed up fart Hogan anyday even with Bret being unable to wrestle

They'll be lucky to break 1.0; they're up against Raw and some football game.

Ram Jam

Number of posts : 160
    Registration date : 2009-01-26

Post  Ram Jam on Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:08 pm

The Stig wrote:
    The Ayatollah wrote:And then the Hulkster woke up Laughing

They'll be lucky to break 1.0; they're up against Raw and some football game.

I don't think the college football game really matters, unless you're a fan of either of the 2 teams playing in the game. Not a lot of people care outside of the National Title game, being played on Thursday.

I think Hogan will draw in a huge number that first hour, but then once time for Raw rolls around, people will flock over to Raw. To me, TNA doesn't stand a chance, but that's just opinion.

TNA = 1.5-2.0 rating
    Raw = 4.2-5.0 rating

I still think it'll be interesting to watch on Monday, though.
    RVDSucka

Number of posts : 29
    Registration date : 2009-12-28

Post  RVDSucka on Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:13 pm

I think I might tune in monday I'm definitely intrigued by Harts return.
    Shaun2J

Number of posts : 1030
    Registration date : 2008-09-19

Post  Shaun2J on Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:08 am

Hogan's overreachting, he knows very well that 3.0 isn't possible.
    Shane McMahon

Post  Shane McMahon on Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:38 pm

What sort of ratings do TNA get at the moment?
    Mr Torrie Wilson

Number of posts : 302
    Registration date : 2008-10-03

Post  Mr Torrie Wilson on Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:07 pm

1.0 to about 1.2 at their best, somewhere in that region.
    showstealer

Post  showstealer on Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:06 am

Is Hogan's debut actually getting advertised away from TNA programmes? I know that sounds stupid but you never know with them!
    The Stig

Post  The Stig on Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:17 am

ShowStealer wrote:Is Hogan's debut actually getting advertised away from TNA programmes? I know that sounds stupid but you never know with them!

I've only seen it during the finale of The Ultimate Fighter 10 (where I'd imagine most of the audience wouldn't care), but I'm not American.
    The Ayatollah

Number of posts : 719
    Registration date : 2008-09-16

Post  The Ayatollah on Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:49 am

TNA Impact pulled a 1.5, WWE Raw pulled a 3.7-3.8 apparantly
    Shane McMahon

Post  Shane McMahon on Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:29 am

Bret's return pop was a bit anemic, but I guess mostly post-Attitude fans in the arena. I had to pinch myself when Bret and Shawn were in the ring, it felt so surreal. The final segment with Vince McMahon wasn't great, but I guess it's the only way they can go to drag the angle further. I don't know if they're going with Vince vs Bret at Wrestlemania in some sort of non-wrestling, brawling match or they'll have wrestlers representing them.
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

Number of posts : 1401

Post  Garibaldi on Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:13 pm

Terry Silver wrote:Bret's return pop was a bit anemic, but I guess mostly post-Attitude fans in the arena. I had to pinch myself when Bret and Shawn were in the ring, it felt so surreal. The final segment with Vince McMahon wasn't great, but I guess it's the only way they can go to drag the angle further. I don't know if they're going with Vince vs Bret at Wrestlemania in some sort of non-wrestling, brawling match or they'll have wrestlers representing them.

A thought occurs...maybe DX representing Vince v Hart Dynasty representing Bret

But then, with the bit with Randy approaching Vince, it makes me wonder if it might be Legacy not DX - or if they split then Orton (Vince sides with the devil angle) versus someone to represent Bret...HBK maybe (equally unlikely on the face of i, but they supposedly did make up a while back when HBK cam clean IIRC)? Or Jericho as the big-name Stu Hart trainee left with the company

Will agree that it did seem a little anticlimactic from the crowd reaction for he opening, and then end just seemed stitched on and clumsy - that said, lookinmg more like Raven meets Ozzy Osborne when he came out may not have helped at first either.

Post  Mr Torrie Wilson on Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:52 pm

I think the plan is Vince vs Bret in a streetfight.

I watched the show and agree it was completely surreal, but very cool, seeing Bret and Shawn/Vince in the ring together. Part of me was just waiting for someone, anyone, to screw the other. As bad as he would have come across, it would have been fucking hilarious if Bret broke script and just beat the shit out of either of them.

Other than that, I just can't get past how boring Raw was. And it's depressing that it's 2010 and this week in wrestling one company features Bret Hart, Degeneration-X and heel owner Vince McMahon while the competition's answer includes Hogan, Bischoff, the nWo and Ric Flair.

And speaking of DX, why is their entrance so shit now. You'd think thirteen years later they'd have made it even better, but it's no where near as good as it was back then.

In my day blah blah blah

Ram Jam

Number of posts : 160
    Registration date : 2009-01-26

Post  Ram Jam on Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:34 pm

Mr Torrie Wilson wrote:I think the plan is Vince vs Bret in a streetfight.

I watched the show and agree it was completely surreal, but very cool, seeing Bret and Shawn/Vince in the ring together. Part of me was just waiting for someone, anyone, to screw the other. As bad as he would have come across, it would have been fucking hilarious if Bret broke script and just beat the shit out of either of them.

Other than that, I just can't get past how boring Raw was. And it's depressing that it's 2010 and this week in wrestling one company features Bret Hart, Degeneration-X and heel owner Vince McMahon while the competition's answer includes Hogan, Bischoff, the nWo and Ric Flair.

And speaking of DX, why is their entrance so shit now. You'd think thirteen years later they'd have made it even better, but it's no where near as good as it was back then.

In my day blah blah blah

Isn't their entrance exactly the same?

Never thought I'd see the day that Bret Hart would HUG Shawn Michaels. He hugged the guy!

And I'm counting on Bret vs. Vince in like a 5-10 minute street fight at Mania, with Bret just beating the shit out of Vince. I think it's something that most fans have been really dying to see.
    showstealer

Post  showstealer on Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:36 am

It's pathetic how the Monday night war (sic) looked like it was something from 1997. It just goes to show how the lack of competition, as expected, has harmed the overall product. Could you see WWE promoting John Cena as much as it did if there was an alternative show on? I know WWE now have to present a show which is family viewing, but there are other networks that they could use and if Wrestling's hot they'll be falling over themselves to host their show and allow anything to happen, e.g. the attitude era.

It's a shame that Bret hugged Shawn, there's a big angle and a lot of money down the drain. They should of had HBK as a heel for Bret's return, a Vince's guy V Bret's guy match doesn't have the same ring to it.

The old entrance didn't have glow sticks and it had a lot more crutch chops and energy.
    Mr Torrie Wilson

Post  Mr Torrie Wilson on Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:11 am

Ram Jam wrote:

No. There's a crappy looking logo on the screen for a start. The original entrance with it's weird camera cuts and filters was completely unlike anything seen before. It made them stand out from everyone else. As Showstealer said there was a lot more energy to it. There was a rawness to it as well. Today's version is just like everything else in WWE, completely sterile and soulless.
    RVDSucka

Number of posts : 29
    Registration date : 2009-12-28

Post  RVDSucka on Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:59 pm

Mr Torrie Wilson wrote:
    Ram Jam wrote:

No. There's a crappy looking logo on the screen for a start. The original entrance with it's weird camera cuts and filters was completely unlike anything seen before. It made them stand out from everyone else. As Showstealer said there was a lot more energy to it. There was a rawness to it as well. Today's version is just like everything else in WWE, completely sterile and soulless.
    Old school DX was the best, nothing like it then or now.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:31 am