SmashLives!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SmashLives!

SmashLife 2: the sequel project - SmashLives.....It's ALIVE!

+10
IOV
Sweatsock
The Ayatollah
Bradshaw101
Dr Hellwig PhD
meanie
brother of destruction
Inno
Hector_Nicols_Accordian
Garibaldi
14 posters

Official Scottish leagues thread

Sweatsock
    Sweatsock

Number of posts : 360
    Registration date : 2008-09-15

Official Scottish leagues thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Official Scottish leagues thread

Post  Sweatsock Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:57 am

Inverurie Locos and Vale Of Leithen have a massive incentive when they play their postponed match with the promise of a home tie with Motherwell although it will likely be moved to a bigger ground. Still a nice wee cash boost providing tv pick it up and the lacklustre Motherwell support make the effort.

Dundee at home wil do us although I expect we'll have to shell out another £20 for the privilege of seeing it.
    Hector_Nicols_Accordian
    Hector_Nicols_Accordian

Number of posts : 480

Official Scottish leagues thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Official Scottish leagues thread

Post  Hector_Nicols_Accordian Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:59 am

I would hope that TV would show the Ayr V Killie game if it comes off, rare games and a real intense rivalry - and Ayr always win Smile
    The Ayatollah
    The Ayatollah

Number of posts : 719
    Registration date : 2008-09-16

Post  The Ayatollah Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:43 am

Hopefully we give those Gorgie bastards a gubbing at Easter Road, this all means that there'll be 2 edinburgh derbys within a week in January. At least I wont have to go to that shithole Tynecastle twice Laughing not at the prices those sods charge for tickets
    showstealer
    showstealer

Number of posts : 1991
    Registration date : 2008-09-17

Post  showstealer Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:08 am

The Ayatollah wrote: not at the prices those sods charge for tickets
    Just being curious, how much would that be? I didn't go to QPR away as they were charging £30 in a stand where you can't see the goal line! And unfortunately at the moment I believe that the SPL minus the old firm is of similar standard to the championship.
    Sweatsock
    Sweatsock

Post  Sweatsock Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:11 am

Hearts vs Hibs is probably championship quality but mostly I'd put the SPL on a par with League 1.
    The Ayatollah
    The Ayatollah

Post  The Ayatollah Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:44 am

About 27 quid at least, last time I enquired about tickets for a derby at Swinecastle, I believe it was 30-32 quid, suppose they need the money as they cant pay their players Laughing
    PeteRoe
    PeteRoe

Number of posts : 253
    Registration date : 2008-09-18

Post  PeteRoe Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:12 am

Woops a daisy today Celtic! Laughing

Needed that after the Tynecastle shambles last week.

Cant wait till the Old Firm game. Gonna be a classic.

Got Untied to deal with next week though...I hate playing them! Mad
    The Ayatollah
    The Ayatollah

Post  The Ayatollah Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:47 am

6 words "Get it up ya Wee Gord!"

Smash and grab today but well chuffed, Bamba n Rankin were brilliant Very Happy
    Sweatsock
    Sweatsock

Post  Sweatsock Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:32 am

Boruc ya fanny! Evil or Very Mad
    PeteRoe
    PeteRoe

Post  PeteRoe Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:14 pm

Bamba was superb today. I was very shocked to see that. He looks so clumsy.
    The Ayatollah
    The Ayatollah

Post  The Ayatollah Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:19 am

Bamba's been Mixu's best signing, Keenan doesnt feature much, Thicot looks decent, it's a toss up between Nish and Bamba for Mixu's best signing. Van Zanten looks ok, its the other full back area that needs attention. Sign Stevie Smith Mixu if he's leaving Gers in Jan! If we can get a decent goalie and a decent left back in the Jan window I feel we can maybe finish 4th. Good result for us yesterday, the Tynie scum were unlucky in Glasgow. Celtic have been poor the last few games
    Bradshaw101
    Bradshaw101

Number of posts : 163

Post  Bradshaw101 Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:58 am

Just been looking over the 4th round draw for the Scottish Cup, and this match appeals to me, in the right circumstances:

Forfar Athletic or Stranraer v Forres Mechanics or Dalbeattie Star

Certainly wouldn't mind seeing Dalbeattie kick Stranraer out of the cup...
    PeteRoe
    PeteRoe

Post  PeteRoe Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:53 am

So it looks as if Rat Boy is on his way outta Celtic.

I am gonna miss giving verbal to that wee tink at Old Firm games.
    The Ayatollah
    The Ayatollah

Post  The Ayatollah Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:42 pm

I wont miss the wee shite either
    Sweatsock
    Sweatsock

Post  Sweatsock Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:49 pm

If we can get £8m for that wee arse I'd take it in a heartbeat. Reassuring to hear almost every single Celtic fan backing Strachan on this one
    The Ayatollah
    The Ayatollah

Post  The Ayatollah Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:34 pm

Rumors doing the rounds, a swap deal of Scott Severin for Dean Shiels. And Hibs after Gabor Kiralyi or Grzegorz Szamotulski (sp?)
    PeteRoe
    PeteRoe

Post  PeteRoe Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:52 am

Just what Hibs need.

Another wacky goalkeeper (Kiraly that is)
    The Ayatollah
    The Ayatollah

Post  The Ayatollah Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:22 pm

Szamo has been at Easter Rd on trial, couldnt agree on a contract though. Dunno about Severin, decent player but an ex-Jambo
    The Ayatollah
    The Ayatollah

Post  The Ayatollah Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:13 am

PeteRoe wrote:Just what Hibs need.

Another wacky goalkeeper (Kiraly that is)

Fuck, I'd take Gabor Kiraly at Easter Rd in a second after Makalambay's clangers yesterday! At least Kiraly has experience, Maka just isnt cutting it for Hibs.

Went to a Hibs match yesterday for the first time in ages, wish I'd stayed home! Wasnt that Killie were any good, we were just rotten. Invincible and Fernandez we couldnt cope with. Only 2 or 3 players got any pass marks, Sheils tried to make things happen, and Hogg played admirably despite having to drift out of position to cover Van Zanten being out of position all the time, we badly miss a fit Kevin McCann at RB! Fletch and Nish were shite upfront, Nish moreso, one of the most lazy target men ive ever seen, Derek Riordan has to start against Hearts. Rankin also tried to make things happen but got no support, Bamba is not a midfielder, and O'Brien has all the pace in the world but no crossing ability. Murray did ok at LB but id rather see him playing in the Bamba role. We badly need a half decent goalie who doesnt drop the ball, a recognised LB and one more central midfielder in the Jan window or we will be finishing about 7th. Id take Smith off Rangers if theyre letting him go, maybe Severin, and Kiraly if possible. McNeil must start against Hearts, even then I still worry we will get humped Sad
    Sweatsock
    Sweatsock

Post  Sweatsock Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:16 am

Official Scottish leagues thread - Page 3 35koex2

Very Happy

What a shoot-out!
    The Ayatollah
    The Ayatollah

Post  The Ayatollah Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:27 am

Out-bloody-standing, the Jambos got dumped out of the cup Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
    Sweatsock
    Sweatsock

Post  Sweatsock Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:32 pm

Best derby in the world? Pure shite today, not a single player in either team looked dangerous.
    Hector_Nicols_Accordian
    Hector_Nicols_Accordian

Post  Hector_Nicols_Accordian Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:49 pm

Stephen McManus looked dangerous when he almost scored the og.

That game today was ludicrous and it showed up REALLY badly when the Everton v Villa game came on straight after it, quite embarrassing that these are our best 2 teams. Totally lacking in flair, imagination, skill and ambition. I tried to get a bet on it being 0-0 with this betting company that you text the bets to but I couldn't do it so only had £3 on the draw.

Dire dire stuff.

I hate myself for sitting watching it Sad
    brother of destruction
    brother of destruction

Number of posts : 370

Post  brother of destruction Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:08 am

Celtic to consider entering B team to Division 3

Just wondering what you guys thought of this? It kinda works in Spain with both Barca & Real entering reserve teams into the 2nd division. How would they do? Are the old firm so far ahead that even their B teams would be pushing for an SPL berth before long? Obviously there would have to be certain restrictions if it were to happen, regarding cup entry & promotion etc.
    showstealer
    showstealer

Post  showstealer Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:17 am

Would be a big shame if that were to happen, as with the current financial climate and clubs like Darlington getting in to administration I could see it happening in England. Evil or Very Mad
    Hector_Nicols_Accordian
    Hector_Nicols_Accordian

Post  Hector_Nicols_Accordian Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:08 am

brother of destruction wrote:Celtic to consider entering B team to Division 3

Just wondering what you guys thought of this? It kinda works in Spain with both Barca & Real entering reserve teams into the 2nd division. How would they do? Are the old firm so far ahead that even their B teams would be pushing for an SPL berth before long? Obviously there would have to be certain restrictions if it were to happen, regarding cup entry & promotion etc.

It's an absolutely horrible idea. We are perfectly happy in the lower leagues to be rid of the Old Firm and all their poison and hate and arrogance. We don't want our leagues infected with all their crap. I can just see some Old Firm fans, disappointed at not being able to express their "views" at SPL matches anymore, latching onto their reserve side at a lower league ground where there would not be as much policing.

This must not happen, I would be sorely tempted to walk away from senior scottish football forever if it ever came to pass.

Post  Guest Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:11 am

I've never really looked into the matter but how do transfers work on that situation? Do you have to do all the same paperwork etc as you would for a normal transfer.
    IOV
    IOV

Number of posts : 998

Post  IOV Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:13 am

Hector_Nicols_Accordian wrote:
    brother of destruction wrote:Celtic to consider entering B team to Division 3

It's an absolutely horrible idea. We are perfectly happy in the lower leagues to be rid of the Old Firm and all their poison and hate and arrogance. We don't want our leagues infected with all their crap. I can just see some Old Firm fans, disappointed at not being able to express their "views" at SPL matches anymore, latching onto their reserve side at a lower league ground where there would not be as much policing.

This must not happen, I would be sorely tempted to walk away from senior scottish football forever if it ever came to pass.

Me too Hector, me too.........
    The Ayatollah
    The Ayatollah

Post  The Ayatollah Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:15 pm

Rangers lost to Caley Thistle naughty evil

Out-fucking-standing!

Decent away win for the Hibees too, back in the top 6 Very Happy
    showstealer
    showstealer

Post  showstealer Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:18 am

Just when the title race was starting to look interesting Rangers fuck up. Celtic still have to go to Ibrox though, so you never know...

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:59 pm