SmashLives!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SmashLives!

SmashLife 2: the sequel project - SmashLives.....It's ALIVE!

+3
Outlaw2x4
Mr Torrie Wilson
Shaun2J
7 posters

Eddie "Umaga" Fatu dies at age 36

Shaun2J

Number of posts : 1030
    Registration date : 2008-09-19

Eddie "Umaga" Fatu dies at age 36 Empty Eddie "Umaga" Fatu dies at age 36

Post  Shaun2J Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:59 am

We are getting rampant reports that former WWE Superstar Umaga, who has just returned from Hulk Hogan's Hulkamania tour of Australia, is feared either dead or in serious condition. We have reports that indicate he was found dead by his wife with blood coming out of his mouth and nose, but also a conflicting report that he is in grave danger in hospital.

Former WWE Superstar and friend Ken Anderson (Ken Kennedy) posted this message on Twitter: "say a prayer for my boy umaga".

Please keep Eddie Fatu and family in your thoughts at this time.

He is apparently in a bad condition, there were a few sites reporting his death but these rumours were quickly denied.
    I smell drugs of some sort here...

Former WWE star Eddie "Umaga" Fatu has been hospitalized in an ICU unit in Houston, TX. Reports are going around that he is now brain dead, but that has not been confirmed by his family. WWE called it a "grave situation." His condition is thought to be life-threatening and his family was told to get into town and to the hospital right away.

Details are a bit sketchy at this point, but he was apparently found by his wife this morning, not breathing with blood coming out of his nose.

Last edited by Shaun2J on Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Mr Torrie Wilson
    Mr Torrie Wilson

Number of posts : 302
    Registration date : 2008-10-03

Eddie "Umaga" Fatu dies at age 36 Empty Re: Eddie "Umaga" Fatu dies at age 36

Post  Mr Torrie Wilson Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:30 pm

Edward "Umaga"Fatu passed away around 6 p.m. Eastern time after suffering a second heart attack while in the hospital. He was 36. -- wrestling observer.com

R.I.P. Pretty sad, he was so young.
    Shaun2J

Number of posts : 1030
    Registration date : 2008-09-19

Post  Shaun2J Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:34 pm

R.I.P Eddie Fatu
    Outlaw2x4
    Outlaw2x4

Number of posts : 664
    Registration date : 2008-09-18

Post  Outlaw2x4 Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:19 am

Another young wrestler gone. There really needs to be a independant enquiry into the business.
    Shane McMahon
    Shane McMahon

Number of posts : 355
    Registration date : 2008-10-12

Post  Shane McMahon Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:56 am

RIP UmBongo. I always had one carton for my pack lunch every day Crying or Very sad
    Garibaldi
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

Number of posts : 1401
    Registration date : 2008-09-15

Post  Garibaldi Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:55 am

RIP Jamal

And yes, I sense drugs of the nasally inserted kind myself. It's a shame because he had been quite talented for a big man. I thought he'd pushed the envelope on unintelligeable monster well over time and could be quite entertaining.

Being one of the first high profile young guys to go since the Benoit situation, I do think that that indicates that things may be improving. It's not ideal, and it doesn't help him, but if the mortality rate is going down then for the industry in general that must be a positive thing.

If it is indeed drugs or steroids, it may also serve to act as a harsh reminder of the dangers to those wo may have slipped back into old ways (I'm looking at you Jeff Hardy)
    The Stig
    The Stig

Number of posts : 705
    Registration date : 2008-09-15

Post  The Stig Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:18 pm

RIP Ekmo. Sad
    The Ayatollah
    The Ayatollah

Number of posts : 719
    Registration date : 2008-09-16

Post  The Ayatollah Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:38 pm

A sad one this...Umaga was one of the better big men in the business, moved well for a near 400lb'er. Another one goes...FAR FAR too young, weird thing is I had watched one of his matches the day before he died

RIP Eddie Fatu

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:38 pm