SmashLives!

SmashLife 2: the sequel project - SmashLives.....It's ALIVE!

Noughties at the movies

Poll

What was the defining movie event or development of the decade?

[ 2 ]
    29% [29%] 
    [ 1 ]
    14% [14%] 
    [ 2 ]
    29% [29%] 
    [ 0 ]
    0% [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    0% [0%] 
    [ 1 ]
    14% [14%] 
    [ 1 ]
    14% [14%] 
    [ 0 ]
    0% [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    0% [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    0% [0%] 

Total Votes: 7
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

Number of posts : 1401
    Registration date : 2008-09-15

Noughties at the movies

Post  Garibaldi on Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:08 pm

http://www.smashlives.com/the-locker-room-your-first-stop-f3/polls-of-the-noughties-t588.htm#13485

Not the films, more the events, trends and moments from cinema inthe 90s.

As always, there's so much more that could have been in there - The directors cuts like the "proper" Superman 2, Arnie into politics, The rise of Ferrell and the "Frat Pack", the return of the musical, The rise of shakeycam, the developments in CGI and the inevitable decline of action shots into blatant CGI fakeness.

Same again - Pick your favourite, or select other and say what you like - and say why it's stood out for you

Last edited by Garibaldi on Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:39 am; edited 1 time in total

Number of posts : 622
    Registration date : 2009-02-11

Re: Noughties at the movies

Post  MK on Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:04 pm

Without a doubt, it was the Lord of the Rings trilogy. Those movies were so monumental in cinema history. The scale of the three movies, not to mention that all three were filmed simultaneously, was something that had never been accomplished. I know that some people like to hate on them, but I think that they are absolute masterpieces that will go down as some of the best films in history.
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

Number of posts : 1401
    Registration date : 2008-09-15

Post  Garibaldi on Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:45 am

For me it's not a good thing, but it is the definitive thing - the remake culture.

Hollywood has become devoid of original ideas and risks - much like entertainment in general, and it's shown in the last decade through reboots and remakes - remakes more so because at least some reboots have some original thought into a concept (eg Batman Begins).

And given how much I despise the lack of clarity in the new world of shakeycam CGI for action scenes (look at serenity - made its name with shakey cam but can you follow the space battles? YES! Now look at Transformers...WTF? Who just did what to who?) for me to pick rehash street over it took some doing.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:06 pm