SmashLives!

SmashLife 2: the sequel project - SmashLives.....It's ALIVE!

McMahon running for U.S. Senate

MK

Number of posts : 622
    Registration date : 2009-02-11

McMahon running for U.S. Senate

Post  MK on Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:26 pm

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2009/09/18/mcmahon-says-wwe-antics-not-a-liability-to-senate-run/

Hell, if Jesse Ventura could be governor of the state I live in, why can't McMahon be a senator???

(The Republican party have screwed themselves again. Palin/McMahon 12)
    The Phenom

Number of posts : 238
    Registration date : 2008-09-18

Re: McMahon running for U.S. Senate

Post  The Phenom on Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:42 am

This is actually a great move for Republicans, and she is certainly more qualified than Dodd to hold that position. As an accomplished Businesswoman she can bring some sense to the current folks in Washington who believe spending is the way to solve our issues. Remember it was Dodd, who as the Chairman of the Senate Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs committee has overseen the collapse of our banking and lending industry, and he has proven unethical by being the largest recipient of funds from Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac while those two firms were going under and jump starting our current situation. He has lied through his teeth time and time again, and the people of Connecticut will have a chance to get rid of him soon. And recent polls have shown they will.

And Linda has proven to support both sides of the aisle, as she has contributed money to Joe Lieberman in 06 and Rahm Emanuel last year. Plus she's pro-choice, which will help her in Connecticut.

The current crew of Dems is in for a rude awakening during the mid term elections next year, and I doubt Obama will get another 4 in 2012.
    Mr Torrie Wilson

Number of posts : 301
    Registration date : 2008-10-03

Post  Mr Torrie Wilson on Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:26 am

The Phenom wrote:He has lied through his teeth time and time again, and the people of Connecticut will have a chance to get rid of him soon.

Er... alright. But you see umm... Linda McMahon as being the antidote to someone who... *cough* lies a lot then do you?

Just to be clear: Is that an official US Military bong that you're inhaling from?
    The Phenom

Post  The Phenom on Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:13 am

Mr Torrie Wilson wrote:
    The Phenom wrote:He has lied through his teeth time and time again, and the people of Connecticut will have a chance to get rid of him soon.

Er... alright. But you see umm... Linda McMahon as being the antidote to someone who... *cough* lies a lot then do you?

Just to be clear: Is that an official US Military bong that you're inhaling from?

No I realize that Linda has baggage of her own, including a bunch of shady shit with the 90's Steroid investigation. The point was more about how Connecticut is getting fed up with him lying to them about the banking crisis and his role in it.
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

Number of posts : 1401
    Registration date : 2008-09-15

Post  Garibaldi on Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:54 am

How do you reckon Obama will be out after 1 term, so far he's got the American public on his side over Al Megrahi, everyone accepts that Bush was in charge when the economic crisis hit, he's got positive international press. The only thng people are disagreeing with is his state health care plans.

And herein lies a case of the media and campaign machines only giving half the truth. They're describing it as being exactly like the UK system and rolling out critics who say it's like letting someone else decide if you should have treatment - except that we also DO have health insurance and private health care as options, so all bringing it in would do is help the worse off get treatment - the wealthier can stay exactly as they ae.

But I do agree that - steroid scandal aside - Linda would be well qualified. She's had a successful, high profile role for years, shown she can handle addressing large assemblies in a live environment, and if they can find any way to show that she had a hand in the creation of the "wellness" program, then that's a tick in the "making difficult decisions" and "care for those she is responsible for" boxes as well.

Post  The Phenom on Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:12 pm

Garibaldi wrote:How do you reckon Obama will be out after 1 term, so far he's got the American public on his side over Al Megrahi, everyone accepts that Bush was in charge when the economic crisis hit, he's got positive international press. The only thng people are disagreeing with is his state health care plans.

International press doesn't matter. Bush was vilified by international media, and he got elected to a 2nd term.

The public doesn't accept that Bush was in charge over the financial crisis. The public accepts that Bush and a congress controlled by Democrats were in charge. Each party had a hand in creating the mess. Now it is solely on Obama and the Dems for how much deeper we get. Many people thought he was going to wave a magic wand of hope and change to get us out of this mess, and so far it has gotten much worse, especially with all of the spending that has occurred.

His approval numbers are low right now, much lower than Bush's were at this point. If Republicans put up someone decent, he'll be voted out.
    MK

Post  MK on Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:25 pm

The Phenom wrote:
    Garibaldi wrote:How do you reckon Obama will be out after 1 term, so far he's got the American public on his side over Al Megrahi, everyone accepts that Bush was in charge when the economic crisis hit, he's got positive international press. The only thng people are disagreeing with is his state health care plans.

International press doesn't matter. Bush was vilified by international media, and he got elected to a 2nd term.

The public doesn't accept that Bush was in charge over the financial crisis. The public accepts that Bush and a congress controlled by Democrats were in charge. Each party had a hand in creating the mess. Now it is solely on Obama and the Dems for how much deeper we get. Many people thought he was going to wave a magic wand of hope and change to get us out of this mess, and so far it has gotten much worse, especially with all of the spending that has occurred.

His approval numbers are low right now, much lower than Bush's were at this point. If Republicans put up someone decent, he'll be voted out.

Drinkin that ol' Army Kool-Aid, are we?

"The public doesn't accept that Bush was in charge over the financial crisis"?? Which public are you hanging around with?? The majority of people believe it was Bush's fault. I can guarantee that if Obama was in the same position as Bush, and the economic crisis occured under his regime, you and all your oil-lovin' friends would blame the economic crisis on Obama. Hands down guarantee.

Also, care to lighten up on Obama? Bush had a much easier transition into office. Obama had to inherit Bush's shitstorm of a country. And also, why was it that no Republican presidential candidates wanted Bush's endorsement come election time? YOUR OWN PARTY WAS EMBARASSED BY HIM.

Bush was commander-in-chief when this all went to hell. Obama was handed a near-impossible situation. He will be re-elected in 2012. That's a guarantee.
    The Phenom

Post  The Phenom on Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:16 am

MK wrote:
    The Phenom wrote:

"The public doesn't accept that Bush was in charge over the financial crisis"?? Which public are you hanging around with?? The majority of people believe it was Bush's fault. I can guarantee that if Obama was in the same position as Bush, and the economic crisis occured under his regime, you and all your oil-lovin' friends would blame the economic crisis on Obama. Hands down guarantee.

Also, care to lighten up on Obama? Bush had a much easier transition into office. Obama had to inherit Bush's shitstorm of a country. And also, why was it that no Republican presidential candidates wanted Bush's endorsement come election time? YOUR OWN PARTY WAS EMBARASSED BY HIM.

Bush was commander-in-chief when this all went to hell. Obama was handed a near-impossible situation. He will be re-elected in 2012. That's a guarantee.

Now that's quite a misguided generalization right there, about "Army kool aid". The US Army is the largest melting pot, diverse organization in the world. There are so many differing ideas, and that's what makes it great. Before you go making absolutely unfounded, sweeping generalizations of the Army that protects your right to be a dumbass every day, try doing some critical thinking. I have 15 Soldiers of my own. 9 male, 6 female. 8 African American, 3 Hispanic, 4 white. Not everyone in the Army is a white, conservative male. Get educated.

Now because I am educated, and can read my post (like you obviously didn't), I placed blame for the start of this problem on Bush and the democratically controlled congress (elected in 2006). Do a little research on Barney Frank and Chris Dodd, and ACORN and Fannie and Freddie, and you'll see what I'm talking about. Obama will be elected out because all he has done since taking office is spend money and he hasn't solved the issue (which I knew he wouldn't do, but all of the people that voted for him did). And people don't realize it back in the states, but the dollar has become much weaker since Obama took office because of the amount of money we have spent. I live in Germany remember, and I don't get paid in Euro. I FEEL the effect of the weakening dollar every day. And it is so bad, that the US Government has to pay us a Cost of Living Allowance that is based upon the strength of the dollar vs. the Euro.

And how can you say that Bush had an easier transition into office? After Florida in 2000, and 9/11, he had a much larger "shitstorm" to sort out. All Obama has done is spend. He hasn't done anything more. You know all the BS about getting out of major Iraq cities by July 1? Although Obama and the media have basically written off Iraq, we're still in major cities! Troop strength hasn't changed there. And I've got friends in major cities every day.

Regarding Bush and endorsement, of course no one wanted his endorsement. When you are vilified by the media and the opposing party, why would you? It's smart politics. The democrats played that perfectly.
    MK

Post  MK on Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:53 am

The Phenom wrote:
    MK wrote:
    The Phenom wrote:

Now that's quite a misguided generalization right there, about "Army kool aid". The US Army is the largest melting pot, diverse organization in the world. There are so many differing ideas, and that's what makes it great. Before you go making absolutely unfounded, sweeping generalizations of the Army that protects your right to be a dumbass every day, try doing some critical thinking. I have 15 Soldiers of my own. 9 male, 6 female. 8 African American, 3 Hispanic, 4 white. Not everyone in the Army is a white, conservative male. Get educated.

Now because I am educated, and can read my post (like you obviously didn't), I placed blame for the start of this problem on Bush and the democratically controlled congress (elected in 2006). Do a little research on Barney Frank and Chris Dodd, and ACORN and Fannie and Freddie, and you'll see what I'm talking about. Obama will be elected out because all he has done since taking office is spend money and he hasn't solved the issue (which I knew he wouldn't do, but all of the people that voted for him did). And people don't realize it back in the states, but the dollar has become much weaker since Obama took office because of the amount of money we have spent. I live in Germany remember, and I don't get paid in Euro. I FEEL the effect of the weakening dollar every day. And it is so bad, that the US Government has to pay us a Cost of Living Allowance that is based upon the strength of the dollar vs. the Euro.

And how can you say that Bush had an easier transition into office? After Florida in 2000, and 9/11, he had a much larger "shitstorm" to sort out. All Obama has done is spend. He hasn't done anything more. You know all the BS about getting out of major Iraq cities by July 1? Although Obama and the media have basically written off Iraq, we're still in major cities! Troop strength hasn't changed there. And I've got friends in major cities every day.

Regarding Bush and endorsement, of course no one wanted his endorsement. When you are vilified by the media and the opposing party, why would you? It's smart politics. The democrats played that perfectly.

A) Yea, of course it was just the media and the opposing party that caused that. Not the 22% job approval rating he had... Rolling Eyes

B) Obama had the harder transition. 9/11 didn't happen until Bush was 8 months into his presidency. Obama took over an economy that was on the brink of another great depression on day one of office.

C) You seem very confident that Obama will be voted out of office because all he has done is spend. HE'S 8 MONTHS INTO HIS TERM. THE NEXT PRESIDENTIAL ELECTIOND DOESN'T HAPPEN FOR ANOTHER THREE YEARS. Idiot.

D) How can you possibly say that I am making a generalization about the Army when you said "The public doesn't accept that Bush was in charge over the financial crisis." Have you spoken with a lot of the American public recently? Gone out and done field research? Did some polling? If you have, I'd love to see it. Just get back to me with that information. Get off your high horse.
    The Stig

Number of posts : 701

Post  The Stig on Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:29 am

This is the most boring wrestling-related thread I've ever read...
    The Phenom

Post  The Phenom on Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:34 am

Let's move this to the Politics zone.

MK wrote:
    The Phenom wrote:
    MK wrote:
    The Phenom wrote:

A) Yea, of course it was just the media and the opposing party that caused that. Not the 22% job approval rating he had... Rolling Eyes

B) Obama had the harder transition. 9/11 didn't happen until Bush was 8 months into his presidency. Obama took over an economy that was on the brink of another great depression on day one of office.

C) You seem very confident that Obama will be voted out of office because all he has done is spend. HE'S 8 MONTHS INTO HIS TERM. THE NEXT PRESIDENTIAL ELECTIOND DOESN'T HAPPEN FOR ANOTHER THREE YEARS. Idiot.

D) How can you possibly say that I am making a generalization about the Army when you said "The public doesn't accept that Bush was in charge over the financial crisis." Have you spoken with a lot of the American public recently? Gone out and done field research? Did some polling? If you have, I'd love to see it. Just get back to me with that information. Get off your high horse.
    A. I'm not going to deny that Bush wasn't popular, my point is that a lot of his unpopularity is the product of the media and the opposition. Democrats in 2008 made their campaigns about how a candidate was like Bush, even if he wasn't, and it got them wins.

B. You're still missing a critical piece here, which is that Obama has come into office with the Congress in his back pocket. He can pass virtually any piece of legislation through without any opposition. Bush came in with a 50/50 Senate and a 51.5/48.5 House in the 107th Congress. It doesn't compare. Not to mention you really need to do some homework on the comparison of this crisis compared to the great depression. Please talk to someone who has experienced both events, and you'll find that they don't compare. Obama on day one began his new New Deal, with the hopes that it will bring us out, but what he fails to realize is that the New Deal did not bring us out of the Great Depression. It was an evil man with a little mustache that did that.

C. I can make whatever predictions I want, and so can you. You can deem that Obama will be re-elected to another term and all I will do is provide examples of why I think he won't. Just because an election is 3 years away doesn't mean I'm an idiot. The campaign for 2012 will begin one year from now. Who's the idiot again?

D. Because if you look at Congress' Job Approval polling (currently 28%) and the historical data integrated into the polling, the low rating is attributed to the economic crisis; beginning last summer and rolling through to the present. So you see, the polling was already done for me. YOU just need to pay more attention to what's going on in our Nation. International and US politics is my life. It has a direct impact on me, where I go, and what I do. I pay close attention because it is my job.
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

Number of posts : 1401

Post  Garibaldi on Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:57 am

Agreed - Whilst the conversation had a McMahon-related bent it was OIK to stay where it was, but now we've totally distanced ourselves from that it desrves to be here i the podium instead.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:52 pm