SmashLives!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SmashLives!

SmashLife 2: the sequel project - SmashLives.....It's ALIVE!

4 posters

IWA: Mid-South to close down

Shaun2J

Number of posts : 1030
    Registration date : 2008-09-19

IWA: Mid-South to close down Empty IWA: Mid-South to close down

Post  Shaun2J Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:37 pm

We regret to inform all of our wonderful fans that after 13 years of doing business, IWA Mid-South will cease operations after the Kings of the Crimson Mask show on Friday night August 28th.

We simply do not have the money in order to continue doing business. It breaks our hearts that this day has finally come but we just can't hang on any longer.

If you have placed any ticket orders for TPI or the Double Death/Anniversary show, please print out a copy of your paypal receipt and mail it to the PO Box in Morris.

IWA Mid-South
    PO Box 647
    Morris, IL 60450

We do not have internet access anymore so please do not send emails as we do not know when we would be able to view them. The fastest way to get refunds would be to send the copy of the receipts from paypal to the PO Box so we can have them in hand to know who is owed what.

If you purchased TPI tickets and have the tickets in your possession, please send a picture of the tickets since we do not have records of who actually received their tickets.

Kings of the Crimson Mask in Bellevue will be our final show. Necro Butcher will not be on the show as we can not afford to bring him in for the event anymore.

The new main event for the final show will be Ian Rotten vs. Mad Man Pondo.

IWA is going to go out like they came in in a rematch from the first ever main event.

I would like to thank everyone that has worked for IWA in the past, all the fans that have supported the product and all the people that have helped out along the way with security, selling merchandise, concessions, etc.

It has been a tremendous ride these last 13 years and it is heartbreaking to see it all come to an end like this.

I would type up more but it is too painful at this time.

Thank you.

Ian, Patti, Mickie, Jim, John Calvin

Meh
    Screwjob97
    Screwjob97

Number of posts : 114
    Registration date : 2009-06-08

IWA: Mid-South to close down Empty Re: IWA: Mid-South to close down

Post  Screwjob97 Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:05 pm

ople who are going to read this, how many are actually going to the show, about 13?
    The Stig
    The Stig

Number of posts : 705
    Registration date : 2008-09-15

Post  The Stig Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:28 pm

Screwjob97 wrote:ople who are going to read this, how many are actually going to the show, about 13?

I think their attendance was around 100 for most shows they did. The Ted Petty Invitational and their Anniversary Shows would have gotten a higher attendance though seeing as they're fairly big shows.
    Screwjob97
    Screwjob97

Post  Screwjob97 Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:06 am

The Stig wrote:
    Screwjob97 wrote:ople who are going to read this, how many are actually going to the show, about 13?

I think their attendance was around 100 for most shows they did. The Ted Petty Invitational and their Anniversary Shows would have gotten a higher attendance though seeing as they're fairly big shows.

Is IWA- Mid South straight up hardcore wrestling? (I.e. fire, thumb tacs ect)
    The Stig
    The Stig

Number of posts : 705
    Registration date : 2008-09-15

Post  The Stig Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:09 am

Screwjob97 wrote:
    The Stig wrote:

It was mostly known for holding death matches with the fire, tacks, light tubes, etc; but it also featured technical and high flying wrestling too. The Ted Petty Invitational, for example, would have featured pretty much all normal bouts.

There's a pretty good match from 2002 with Eddie Guerrero, CM Punk and Rey Mysterio which is worth checking out.
    Screwjob97
    Screwjob97

Post  Screwjob97 Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:14 am

The Stig wrote:
    Screwjob97 wrote:
    The Stig wrote:

It was mostly known for holding death matches with the fire, tacks, light tubes, etc; but it also featured technical and high flying wrestling too. The Ted Petty Invitational, for example, would have featured pretty much all normal bouts.

There's a pretty good match from 2002 with Eddie Guerrero, CM Punk and Rey Mysterio which is worth checking out.

Sounds good. I will try my trusty friend YouTube to see if I can find it cheers.
    IOV
    IOV

Number of posts : 998
    Registration date : 2008-09-16

Post  IOV Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:37 am

The Ted Petty Invitational was pretty good in its hey day it usually had the heavy hitters of the Indy scene involved, maybe thats why they never made any money Neutral

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:32 am