SmashLives!

SmashLife 2: the sequel project - SmashLives.....It's ALIVE!


    Mitsuharu Misawa pronounced dead

    Share
    avatar
    Shaun2J

    Number of posts : 1030
    Registration date : 2008-09-19

    Mitsuharu Misawa pronounced dead

    Post  Shaun2J on Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:39 am

    On June 13, 2009, after receiving a belly to back suplex during a match at Hiroshima Green Arena, he lost consciousness and was taken to a hospital. He was pronounced dead in the hospital at 10:10 p.m

    Source: Wikipedia (linked from www.yomiuri.co.jp)

    R.I.P
    avatar
    Sweatsock

    Number of posts : 360
    Age : 33
    Location : Glasgow
    Registration date : 2008-09-15

    Re: Mitsuharu Misawa pronounced dead

    Post  Sweatsock on Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:57 am

    Totally shocked. Seems like he died in the ring following a routine back suplex, I just can't comprehend it yet. One of the greatest of all time.

    RIP


    _________________
    www.fnf.org.uk
    avatar
    Bradshaw101

    Number of posts : 163
    Age : 32
    Location : Aberdeen
    Registration date : 2008-09-16

    Re: Mitsuharu Misawa pronounced dead

    Post  Bradshaw101 on Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:26 am

    Confirmation form Figure 4 Weekly via 411.

    This is completely shocking. Sure to be greatly missed. RIP.
    avatar
    IOV

    Number of posts : 998
    Age : 33
    Location : Ireland
    Registration date : 2008-09-16

    Re: Mitsuharu Misawa pronounced dead

    Post  IOV on Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:05 am

    Sad to hear about this, I dont follow Japanese wrestling but im sure this will be a massive blow to NOAH
    avatar
    'Dub
    The Final Cylon

    Number of posts : 350
    Age : 31
    Location : Cardiff, Wales.
    Registration date : 2008-09-15

    Re: Mitsuharu Misawa pronounced dead

    Post  'Dub on Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:13 pm

    Somewhere, Woody is crying like a small child.
    avatar
    showstealer

    Number of posts : 1977
    Age : 74
    Location : The 3rd Division.
    Registration date : 2008-09-17

    Re: Mitsuharu Misawa pronounced dead

    Post  showstealer on Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:05 am

    R.I.P.
    avatar
    Mr Torrie Wilson

    Number of posts : 301
    Age : 34
    Location : Purgatory
    Registration date : 2008-10-03

    Re: Mitsuharu Misawa pronounced dead

    Post  Mr Torrie Wilson on Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:43 am

    Stunned to hear about this. One of the all-time Japanese legends. RIP.
    avatar
    Shaun2J

    Number of posts : 1030
    Registration date : 2008-09-19

    Re: Mitsuharu Misawa pronounced dead

    Post  Shaun2J on Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:29 am

    Media in Japan are reporting that Akitoshi Saito is apparently on suicide watch. Saito gave the suplex to Misawa that killed Japanese wrestling legend Mitsuharu Misawa last weekend. The reports noted that Saito's house has been vandalized and his parents have received death threats. Crazy stuff.

    Jim Ross wrote in his latest blog: "This sad story just continues to keep getting sadder and the pro wrestling scene in Japan is perhaps at one of its lowest periods in years."

    (credit: The Wrestling Globe Newsletter)
    avatar
    The Stig

    Number of posts : 701
    Registration date : 2008-09-15

    Re: Mitsuharu Misawa pronounced dead

    Post  The Stig on Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:29 pm

    Sweatsock wrote:Totally shocked. Seems like he died in the ring following a routine back suplex, I just can't comprehend it yet. One of the greatest of all time.

    RIP

    No great loss to the world. Just an overweight Japanese wrestler who relied on dropping people on their neck and stiffing opponents to get over instead of real wrestling ability.

    I can't say I'm upset about his death, he was overrated anyway.
    avatar
    Sweatsock

    Number of posts : 360
    Age : 33
    Location : Glasgow
    Registration date : 2008-09-15

    Re: Mitsuharu Misawa pronounced dead

    Post  Sweatsock on Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:13 am

    Cheap shot Stig, would have expected better from you. Your post shows how limited your knowledge of Misawa is so no point in debating it with you.


    _________________
    www.fnf.org.uk
    avatar
    Dr Hellwig PhD

    Number of posts : 217
    Age : 38
    Location : Perpetually moving through shitholes. Or Polmont and Croy as they are otherwise known
    Registration date : 2008-10-28

    Re: Mitsuharu Misawa pronounced dead

    Post  Dr Hellwig PhD on Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:46 am

    Compare and contrast:

    The Stig wrote:No great loss to the world. Just an overweight Japanese wrestler who relied on dropping people on their neck and stiffing opponents to get over instead of real wrestling ability.

    I can't say I'm upset about his death, he was overrated anyway.

    From the MJ thread:

    The Stig wrote:He's a global icon who should be respected for his contributions to the world. I sense it might just be jealousy that nobody will care when you're gone.

    And when he's not contradicting himself, Stig likes to pretend he's Michael Schumacher...
    avatar
    showstealer

    Number of posts : 1977
    Age : 74
    Location : The 3rd Division.
    Registration date : 2008-09-17

    Re: Mitsuharu Misawa pronounced dead

    Post  showstealer on Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:58 am

    He's not very good at this internet fishing thing. chin ponder
    avatar
    'Dub
    The Final Cylon

    Number of posts : 350
    Age : 31
    Location : Cardiff, Wales.
    Registration date : 2008-09-15

    Re: Mitsuharu Misawa pronounced dead

    Post  'Dub on Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:49 am

    Dr Hellwig PhD wrote:Compare and contrast:

    The Stig wrote:No great loss to the world. Just an overweight Japanese wrestler who relied on dropping people on their neck and stiffing opponents to get over instead of real wrestling ability.

    I can't say I'm upset about his death, he was overrated anyway.

    From the MJ thread:

    The Stig wrote:He's a global icon who should be respected for his contributions to the world. I sense it might just be jealousy that nobody will care when you're gone.

    And when he's not contradicting himself, Stig likes to pretend he's Michael Schumacher...

    Ummm, his Misawa post was a parody of Sweatsock's Michael Jackson post.
    avatar
    Sweatsock

    Number of posts : 360
    Age : 33
    Location : Glasgow
    Registration date : 2008-09-15

    Re: Mitsuharu Misawa pronounced dead

    Post  Sweatsock on Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:26 am

    'Dub wrote:
    Dr Hellwig PhD wrote:Compare and contrast:

    The Stig wrote:No great loss to the world. Just an overweight Japanese wrestler who relied on dropping people on their neck and stiffing opponents to get over instead of real wrestling ability.

    I can't say I'm upset about his death, he was overrated anyway.

    From the MJ thread:

    The Stig wrote:He's a global icon who should be respected for his contributions to the world. I sense it might just be jealousy that nobody will care when you're gone.

    And when he's not contradicting himself, Stig likes to pretend he's Michael Schumacher...

    Ummm, his Misawa post was a parody of Sweatsock's Michael Jackson post.

    Really? I don't recall questioning Michael Jackson's ability at any point?


    _________________
    www.fnf.org.uk
    avatar
    'Dub
    The Final Cylon

    Number of posts : 350
    Age : 31
    Location : Cardiff, Wales.
    Registration date : 2008-09-15

    Re: Mitsuharu Misawa pronounced dead

    Post  'Dub on Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:58 am

    Sweatsock wrote:
    'Dub wrote:
    Dr Hellwig PhD wrote:Compare and contrast:

    The Stig wrote:No great loss to the world. Just an overweight Japanese wrestler who relied on dropping people on their neck and stiffing opponents to get over instead of real wrestling ability.

    I can't say I'm upset about his death, he was overrated anyway.

    From the MJ thread:

    The Stig wrote:He's a global icon who should be respected for his contributions to the world. I sense it might just be jealousy that nobody will care when you're gone.

    And when he's not contradicting himself, Stig likes to pretend he's Michael Schumacher...

    Ummm, his Misawa post was a parody of Sweatsock's Michael Jackson post.

    Really? I don't recall questioning Michael Jackson's ability at any point?

    I'll give you that it's exaggerated for effect, but it is most definitely a parody. You think he would've posted it this late after Misawa's death if the Michael Jackson argument didn't occur?
    avatar
    Dr Hellwig PhD

    Number of posts : 217
    Age : 38
    Location : Perpetually moving through shitholes. Or Polmont and Croy as they are otherwise known
    Registration date : 2008-10-28

    Re: Mitsuharu Misawa pronounced dead

    Post  Dr Hellwig PhD on Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:25 am

    Erm... actually you're right... made a bit of a tool of myself here...
    avatar
    The Stig

    Number of posts : 701
    Registration date : 2008-09-15

    Re: Mitsuharu Misawa pronounced dead

    Post  The Stig on Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:28 am

    Dr Hellwig PhD wrote:Erm... actually you're right... made a bit of a tool of myself here...

    As usual. whistle
    avatar
    Screwjob97

    Number of posts : 114
    Age : 23
    Location : Glasgow
    Registration date : 2009-06-08

    Re: Mitsuharu Misawa pronounced dead

    Post  Screwjob97 on Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:10 pm

    Don't know much about Misawa, but I do know that he was a puro legend and also I know that The Stig is a wank.

    Anyone know where I could pick up puro DVD's or Japanesse wrestling of some kind?
    avatar
    The Stig

    Number of posts : 701
    Registration date : 2008-09-15

    Re: Mitsuharu Misawa pronounced dead

    Post  The Stig on Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:50 pm

    Screwjob97 wrote:also I know that The Stig is a wank.

    Laughing
    avatar
    Outlaw2x4

    Number of posts : 664
    Location : Eire
    Registration date : 2008-09-18

    Re: Mitsuharu Misawa pronounced dead

    Post  Outlaw2x4 on Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:56 pm

    Screwjob97 wrote:Don't know much about Misawa, but I do know that he was a puro legend and also I know that The Stig is a wank.

    Anyone know where I could pick up puro DVD's or Japanesse wrestling of some kind?

    You can watch a lot of great Japanese stuff on dailymotion and youtube and so on.
    avatar
    Screwjob97

    Number of posts : 114
    Age : 23
    Location : Glasgow
    Registration date : 2009-06-08

    Re: Mitsuharu Misawa pronounced dead

    Post  Screwjob97 on Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:33 pm

    Outlaw2x4 wrote:
    Screwjob97 wrote:Don't know much about Misawa, but I do know that he was a puro legend and also I know that The Stig is a wank.

    Anyone know where I could pick up puro DVD's or Japanesse wrestling of some kind?

    You can watch a lot of great Japanese stuff on dailymotion and youtube and so on.

    Cheers mate

    Sponsored content

    Re: Mitsuharu Misawa pronounced dead

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:08 am