SmashLives!

SmashLife 2: the sequel project - SmashLives.....It's ALIVE!

Next Generation

The Phenom

Number of posts : 238
    Registration date : 2008-09-18

Next Generation

Post  The Phenom on Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:37 am

I'm contemplating buying a Wii, and was wondering how long this current generation of consoles has left before the next comes out?
    Shaun2J

Number of posts : 1030
    Registration date : 2008-09-19

Re: Next Generation

Post  Shaun2J on Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:50 am

I can't imagine that the 8th Generation of consoles would be released before 2012. Although there is talks of a Dreamcast 2 coming on the market.
    If you really want to buy one then do it.
    showstealer

Number of posts : 1977
    Registration date : 2008-09-17

Post  showstealer on Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:13 am

Just make sure you use the right power supply...
    The Phenom

Post  The Phenom on Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:27 am

Yeah I have one of those power transformers or whatever now. I wasn't going to trust a third party AC power cord. So I'm going to buy an American one if I get one.

I figured that 2012 would be about right on the next gen. However I heard a rumor that an upgraded Wii could possible be released in 2010. Essentially if I get this, I'll be able to get 2 good years out of it. From now to May 2010. And then May 2011 until the next generation is released. Don't think I can bring it to the desert....
    Big Dave

Number of posts : 1194
    Registration date : 2008-09-23

Post  Big Dave on Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:31 am

The Wii is not really this gen anyway, in spec terms its behind PS3 and XB360.
    The Phenom

Post  The Phenom on Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:34 am

Maybe, but it's much more reasonably priced, and has some specific games that I enjoy (I'm a Nintendo loyalist for sure).
    Mtank325

Number of posts : 275
    Registration date : 2008-09-22

Post  Mtank325 on Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:06 pm

The Phenom wrote:Yeah I have one of those power transformers or whatever now. I wasn't going to trust a third party AC power cord. So I'm going to buy an American one if I get one.

I figured that 2012 would be about right on the next gen. However I heard a rumor that an upgraded Wii could possible be released in 2010. Essentially if I get this, I'll be able to get 2 good years out of it. From now to May 2010. And then May 2011 until the next generation is released. Don't think I can bring it to the desert....

I'd say we'll start seeing next-gen stuff around 2011. The Wii's changed the life expectancy with it's low-tech, high-reward costs. For Sony or Microsoft to put out a new console that'll be more expensive would be suicidal on their end. There is talks about a Wii with a storage solution as that's been one of the major complaints.

I don't think next-gen should influence a decision in this generation. The PS2 just got a price drop to $99 recently and there's still new titles coming out for it (although they're not IPs but sequels to popular franchises)

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:24 pm