SmashLives!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SmashLives!

SmashLife 2: the sequel project - SmashLives.....It's ALIVE!

+2
showstealer
Sweatsock
6 posters

Rant on the media

The Phenom
    The Phenom

Number of posts : 238
    Registration date : 2008-09-18

Rant on the media Empty Rant on the media

Post  The Phenom Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:27 am

I have to get this off my chest. Last week sometime, President Obama was delivering a speech along side the Taoiseach of Ireland, Brian Cowen. At some point, things with the teleprompters were mixed up and Obama ended up reading Mr. Cowen's speech. He got through 20 seconds of the speech, and didn't realize until he thanked himself that it was not his speech.

On the Jay Leno show, President Obama made a joke about how his bowling skills were similar to those of the Special Olympics.

Just think if this were Jan 19 2009 and Bush were still in Office. This would be plastered all over the news in America. But is it? No. Keith Olbermann, the scum of all left wing media, went as far to say "What can we do about this?" in response to the special olympics comment, and quickly corrected the "we" to "President Obama."

2008-2009 is the year that objective media died in America. He's receiving such little criticism for his tax cheat Treasury Secretary, the whole AIG bonus thing (which his party wrote into the bill), and so many other things it makes me sick. I feel he could completely fail and the American people wouldn't know it until their money was worth nothing (see Germany during the Weimar Republic and the hyperinflation of 1923, except they sort of had a clue it was happening). I only hope the American people wake up by 2010.
    Sweatsock
    Sweatsock

Number of posts : 360
    Registration date : 2008-09-15

Rant on the media Empty Re: Rant on the media

Post  Sweatsock Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:47 am

Maybe you should change your thread title to 'Rant on Obama', because that's basically what it is, although you do savage the media a bit as well.

Let's face it mate, any Democrat who got elected would be subject to your vitorol even if they brokered world peace and cured cancer, I'm just amazed it's taken this long. Shocked
    showstealer
    showstealer

Number of posts : 1991
    Registration date : 2008-09-17

Post  showstealer Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:49 am

The Phenom wrote:On the Jay Leno show, President Obama made a joke about how his bowling skills were similar to those of the Special Olympics.
    That's incredible. You're right, if Bush said that it would of made major news.
    Sweatsock
    Sweatsock

Post  Sweatsock Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:54 am

ShowStealer wrote:
    The Phenom wrote:On the Jay Leno show, President Obama made a joke about how his bowling skills were similar to those of the Special Olympics.
    That's incredible. You're right, if Bush said that it would of made major news.

I'd have to see it in context but yeah, I'd agree that sounds like a very wrong thing to say.
    The Phenom
    The Phenom

Post  The Phenom Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:57 am

Sweatsock wrote:Maybe you should change your thread title to 'Rant on Obama', because that's basically what it is, although you do savage the media a bit as well.

Let's face it mate, any Democrat who got elected would be subject to your vitorol even if they brokered world peace and cured cancer, I'm just amazed it's taken this long. Shocked

That's actually not the case, as I feel many pseudo Republicans are also at fault for what the country is going through at the moment, including Bush. I wouldn't rate Bush in my top 10 Presidents as much as all of you think I would. And as far as Democrats go, there are very few that I do like, but they do exist. A great example would be Kristen Gillibrand, the woman who replaced Hillary in New York.

As for why it wasn't a rant on Obama, I do try to not criticize my Commander in Chief. However, I am allowed to make public criticisms in my off time, as long as I do not use my status as an Officer to promote them. But I still try not to, which is why I have been largely quiet since January.
    The Phenom
    The Phenom

Post  The Phenom Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:59 am

The Phenom
    The Phenom

Post  The Phenom Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:03 am

And now you look at Sarah Palin, this evil woman whom the media vilified for months. Lets get her opinion on Special Olympics...

Obama, such an articulate, great human being. Palin, trash of the earth. This is what the media has done....
    Sweatsock
    Sweatsock

Post  Sweatsock Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:03 am

No excuses, he was wrong to say that and should be made to apologise. If Gordon Brown said the then our tabloid newspapers would implode.
    The Phenom
    The Phenom

Post  The Phenom Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:06 am

To be fair, he did apologize. However that does not change that it was not reported in major media outlets. Bush could have apologized and donated his life savings to the Special Olympics and you'd never hear anything but the comment.
    Hector_Nicols_Accordian
    Hector_Nicols_Accordian

Number of posts : 480

Post  Hector_Nicols_Accordian Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:56 am

The Phenom makes a good point - wow - there is a first time for everything after all Smile

Never thought about it but yeah, if Bush had said those things people would have went scripto.
    The Phenom
    The Phenom

Post  The Phenom Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:44 pm

Hector_Nicols_Accordian wrote:The Phenom makes a good point - wow - there is a first time for everything after all Smile

Never thought about it but yeah, if Bush had said those things people would have went scripto.

I've been making good points for years, about everything.

It just used to be really hard to keep up with college, the army, and then 20 different people arguing with just me. Which is why I basically said fuck it a while back during the heat of that Iraq War debate. It was starting to become too much.

Post  Guest Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:16 pm

It's hypocrisy at all levels tbh. Some celebrities are villified for it but the writers of shows like Family Guy and South Park do this sort of thing all the time. Seems to be no guidelines....
    The Phenom
    The Phenom

Post  The Phenom Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:29 pm

JK wrote:It's hypocrisy at all levels tbh. Some celebrities are villified for it but the writers of shows like Family Guy and South Park do this sort of thing all the time. Seems to be no guidelines....

That's a great point. I guess we hold our politicians to a higher standard though. Aren't they supposed to be more civilized than Matt Stone and Trey Parker?

Post  Guest Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:48 pm

The Phenom wrote:
    JK wrote:It's hypocrisy at all levels tbh. Some celebrities are villified for it but the writers of shows like Family Guy and South Park do this sort of thing all the time. Seems to be no guidelines....

That's a great point. I guess we hold our politicians to a higher standard though. Aren't they supposed to be more civilized than Matt Stone and Trey Parker?

True, but there's something ironic about holding people who are, by reputation, utterly dishonest as these great figures of morality Razz

I guess really there never can be a stick for what's reprehensible and what's funny...
    IOV
    IOV

Number of posts : 998
    Registration date : 2008-09-16

Post  IOV Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:35 pm

The Phenom wrote:
    Hector_Nicols_Accordian wrote:The Phenom makes a good point - wow - there is a first time for everything after all Smile

I've been making good points for years, about everything.

It just used to be really hard to keep up with college, the army, and then 20 different people arguing with just me. Which is why I basically said fuck it a while back during the heat of that Iraq War debate. It was starting to become too much.

And modest too Very Happy

I actually respect the way you stand up for your beliefs when everyone else is telling you that you're wrong. I dont get involved because I dont care about it to be honest.
    Outlaw2x4
    Outlaw2x4

Number of posts : 664

Post  Outlaw2x4 Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:15 pm

Wasn't it that Cowen read out Obama's speech?
    The Phenom
    The Phenom

Post  The Phenom Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:34 am

Outlaw2x4 wrote:Wasn't it that Cowen read out Obama's speech?

Yes, Cowen got up and read the first few sentences of Obama's speech, he then turned the podium over to Obama (while the teleprompter was switched to Cowen's speech) and Obama didn't recognize he was reading the wrong speech until he said "I'd like to thank President Obama"

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:31 pm