SmashLives!

SmashLife 2: the sequel project - SmashLives.....It's ALIVE!

Wrestlemania - Official Thread. *Possible Spoilers* - WM XXVI from page 4

chr1s

Number of posts : 67
    Registration date : 2009-01-01

Re: Wrestlemania - Official Thread. *Possible Spoilers* - WM XXVI from page 4

Post  chr1s on Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:05 pm

zhukov wrote:
    Dr Hellwig PhD wrote:

Brock Lesnar - Because he doesn't have to.

Brock Lesnar who couldn't draw for shit when he was actually in wrestling.

Would he even draw any mainstream interest?

UFC seem to think he can and the PPV buys for the UFC PPVs he was on seem to agree!!
    zhukov

Number of posts : 99
    Registration date : 2008-09-26

Post  zhukov on Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:10 pm

yes but UFC and wrestling is a different kettle of fish, UFC benefits from a wrestler, but I dont think it would work the other way round?

He would create a bit of a buzz, yes, but a buyrate? Hmmm
    Shane McMahon

Number of posts : 352
    Registration date : 2008-10-12

Post  Shane McMahon on Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:32 am

Will Sky Sports be showing this or is it on Sky Box Office?
    The Ayatollah

Number of posts : 719
    Registration date : 2008-09-16

Post  The Ayatollah on Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:55 am

Pretty sure its on Box Office...cant recall them giving Mania to us Brits for free...would kick arse if they did though! I'm about 90% certain its Box Office
    The Stig

Number of posts : 701
    Registration date : 2008-09-15

Post  The Stig on Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:57 am

The Ayatollah wrote:Pretty sure its on Box Office...cant recall them giving Mania to us Brits for free...would kick arse if they did though! I'm about 90% certain its Box Office

WrestleMania 20 was on Sky Sports.
    The Ayatollah

Number of posts : 719

Post  The Ayatollah on Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:58 am

Really?? Damn I stand corrected then, thanks for that Stig
    chr1s

Number of posts : 67
    Registration date : 2009-01-01

Post  chr1s on Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:06 am

The Ayatollah wrote:Pretty sure its on Box Office...cant recall them giving Mania to us Brits for free...would kick arse if they did though! I'm about 90% certain its Box Office

It is Sky Box Office.
    The Stig

Post  The Stig on Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:11 am

The Ayatollah wrote:Really?? Damn I stand corrected then, thanks for that Stig

Thinking about it, 17, 18 and 19 were on Sky Sports as well. I have tapes of them, and I'd only have them if they were on Sky Sports. Since 21, I've been downloading them, so I don't know if they were Sky Sports or Sky Box Office.
    Shane McMahon

Post  Shane McMahon on Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:15 am

chr1s wrote:

It is Sky Box Office.

Shit.

The Real BIG BOSS MAN

Number of posts : 20
    Registration date : 2008-10-02

Post  The Real BIG BOSS MAN on Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:24 am

pay for it. stop being a cheapskate.
    IOV

Number of posts : 998

Post  IOV on Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:25 am

Terry Silver wrote:
    chr1s wrote:

It is Sky Box Office.

Shit.

Why dont you ask a few friends round and everyone chip in money for it, thats what I usually do and if you dont have any friends you can invite homeless people in. Hopefully it will be raining and you could charge them double maybe even triple
    MarkFromGoldenplec

Number of posts : 132
    Registration date : 2008-09-18

Post  MarkFromGoldenplec on Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:34 am

You can always just watch for free online....

Post  Guest on Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:37 am

IOV wrote:
    Terry Silver wrote:
    chr1s wrote:

It is Sky Box Office.

Shit.

Why dont you ask a few friends round and everyone chip in money for it, thats what I usually do and if you dont have any friends you can invite homeless people in. Hopefully it will be raining and you could charge them double maybe even triple

Ok why don't you rule the world? Seriously. Are you just lazy?
    The Stig

Post  The Stig on Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:40 am

JK wrote:
    IOV wrote:
    Terry Silver wrote:
    chr1s wrote:

It is Sky Box Office.

Shit.

What's wrong with IOV's suggestion? He gets to watch the PPV at a reduced price, and the homeless people get shelter for a few hours while enjoying Wrestlemania. Everyone's a winner.

Also, nothing he's said suggests he's a lazy person...

Post  Guest on Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:40 am

The Stig wrote:
    JK wrote:
    IOV wrote:
    Terry Silver wrote:
    chr1s wrote:

It is Sky Box Office.

Shit.

What's wrong with IOV's suggestion? He gets to watch the PPV at a reduced price, and the homeless people get shelter for a few hours while enjoying Wrestlemania. Everyone's a winner.

There's nothing wrong with it, that's my point. And he keeps coming up with these ideas, and yet isn't Overlord of Earth
    IOV

Number of posts : 998

Post  IOV on Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:12 am

Because with great power comes great responsibility and Im just not ready for that yet

Post  Guest on Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:17 am

So you are lazy then Wink
    PeteRoe

Number of posts : 253

Post  PeteRoe on Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:47 am

Box Office for sure.

Up until Wrestlemania 21 we got it for free but no longer.

We are two weeks away then. What are we thinking?

I think it will be a good show all in all but wont go as far to see it will be a classic.

Hopefully Hardy vs Hardy delivers as the storyline so far has been lacklustre and I really am not into it. I trust them to really batter each other though and give us something good.

Taker vs HBK will be great. Pretty much guarenteed I think. Two favourites in their home state of Texas...should be special.

Title matches look good. Triple threats are always fun and HHH/Orton has some good heat to it now and will be a lot better than their previous encounters I will hazard a guess at.

Reasons to be optimistic anyways.

Ram Jam

Number of posts : 160
    Registration date : 2009-01-26

Post  Ram Jam on Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:47 pm

I think the card is really good. Maybe not "classic Mania" good as you've said, but good anyway. A lot of the matches have me interested for a change. Possible to see a few matches that will be 4 stars or above. I'm really looking forward to it.
    zhukov

Number of posts : 99
    Registration date : 2008-09-26

Post  zhukov on Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:45 am

to go back, all the Mania's up to 20 were on Sky Sports (Sky Movies beforehand), starting 21 were on PPV

9 was the first live one, although it took a while for all PPVs to join suit
    Shane McMahon

Post  Shane McMahon on Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:55 am

Apart from Shawn Michaels v The Undertaker, the rest of the card is a pile of shit.

Why that fat barrel of monkey spunk has been put into the world title match of the 25th anniversay show, I'll never know.
    Hector_Nicols_Accordian

Number of posts : 468

Post  Hector_Nicols_Accordian on Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:36 am

Terry Silver wrote:Apart from Shawn Michaels v The Undertaker, the rest of the card is a pile of shit.

Why that fat barrel of monkey spunk has been put into the world title match of the 25th anniversay show, I'll never know.

Is it not the 24th Anniversary show though?
    Outlaw2x4

Number of posts : 664

Post  Outlaw2x4 on Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:59 pm

Terry Silver wrote:Apart from Shawn Michaels v The Undertaker, the rest of the card is a pile of shit.

Matt v Jeff will be great. And I think the Orton HHH rivalry has been excellent. The last title match they had was awful, but at least HHH can usually carry out a pretty good match at WM. And I also think that tag match just might be the sleeper match of the night.
    Shaun2J

Number of posts : 1030
    Registration date : 2008-09-19

Post  Shaun2J on Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:48 am

Outlaw2x4 wrote:

Matt v Jeff will be great. And I think the Orton HHH rivalry has been excellent. The last title match they had was awful, but at least HHH can usually carry out a pretty good match at WM. And I also think that tag match just might be the sleeper match of the night.

Actually the Colons/Miz & Morrison feud has been great the past few weeks. Just a shame it's a lumberjack match.
    showstealer

Number of posts : 1977
    Registration date : 2008-09-17

Post  showstealer on Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:53 am

Hector_Nicols_Accordian wrote:

Is it not the 24th Anniversary show though?
    Correct.

I think the card looks poor as well, some of the storylines are OTT even for wrestling standards!

Matt V Jeff will also be good. Hopefully the diva match will be short and sweet.
    Shane McMahon

Post  Shane McMahon on Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:59 am

Outlaw2x4 wrote:
    Matt v Jeff will be great.

I agree if they go all out with a spot-fest and not try to be the next Owen/Bret.
    'Dub
    The Final Cylon

Number of posts : 350

Post  'Dub on Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:12 am

Terry Silver wrote:
    Outlaw2x4 wrote:
    Matt v Jeff will be great.

I agree if they go all out with a spot-fest and not try to be the next Owen/Bret.

It's extreme rules, so I think there'll be more chairshots than hammerlocks.
    Bradshaw101

Number of posts : 163

Post  Bradshaw101 on Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:43 am

Just watching SmackDown now in preparation for Mania, and at Axxess they're showing off the "Create Your Own Entrance" booth - with a guy in a TNA Christian Cage shirt. Nice timing WWE.
    Hector_Nicols_Accordian

Number of posts : 468

Post  Hector_Nicols_Accordian on Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:28 pm

Apparently the tag match is going to be a dark match before the event starts.
    Bradshaw101

Number of posts : 163

Post  Bradshaw101 on Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:34 pm

Hector_Nicols_Accordian wrote:Apparently the tag match is going to be a dark match before the event starts.

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUULLSHIT. (As in that's fucking stupid, not that I think you're necessarily wrong).

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:11 am