SmashLives!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SmashLives!

SmashLife 2: the sequel project - SmashLives.....It's ALIVE!

+22
MK
Mr Torrie Wilson
The Phenom
Sweatsock
Rooq
chr1s
showstealer
Outlaw2x4
Hector_Nicols_Accordian
Shane McMahon
PeteRoe
MarkFromGoldenplec
IOV
The Stig
The Ayatollah
Dr Hellwig PhD
The Real BIG BOSS MAN
zhukov
Bradshaw101
Ram Jam
'Dub
Garibaldi
26 posters

Wrestlemania - Official Thread. *Possible Spoilers* - WM XXVI from page 4

MK
    MK

Number of posts : 622
    Registration date : 2009-02-11

Wrestlemania - Official Thread. *Possible Spoilers* - WM XXVI from page 4 - Page 5 Empty Re: Wrestlemania - Official Thread. *Possible Spoilers* - WM XXVI from page 4

Post  MK Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:13 pm

Loved when Cena went up the barrier to celebrate with the fans and almost all of them were booing behind him.
    Garibaldi
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

Number of posts : 1401
    Registration date : 2008-09-15

Wrestlemania - Official Thread. *Possible Spoilers* - WM XXVI from page 4 - Page 5 Empty Re: Wrestlemania - Official Thread. *Possible Spoilers* - WM XXVI from page 4

Post  Garibaldi Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:52 pm

Another top match from Taker + HBK with a great finish. Thanks for the memories, Shawn.

I'd been sitting on the ruomour I'd heard for a week or two that HBK had told management his intended retirement date last year - March 29th 2010. knew it went beyond spoiler and into ruining a great moment if it was true.

And a handshake, brilliant. Real respect
    MK
    MK

Number of posts : 622
    Registration date : 2009-02-11

Post  MK Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:58 pm

I'm hoping this is a true retirement, unlike so many of the other "if you lose this match your career is over" matches.

I hope this is it for Shawn, because I couldn't think of a better way to go out. Top notch match, top notch wrestler and performer. One of the best.
    Garibaldi
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

Post  Garibaldi Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:09 pm

The almost silent comment just before he left the ring...I think that backs up that this is intended t be it in his eyes.

It was something like "It's been awesome, have a great life, goodbye"

Not mic'd up, not audible except for distant mics, just a sincere address to fans saluting him.

Only problem is, he's aparently intended to just go after a few previous departures when he's had 3-6 months out for injury or rehab, but he's always been persuaded back.

I'm guessing that the rumoured match they couldn't decide a finish to was Edge v Jericho, especially as that was the one that Swagger was rumoured to use the MITB on if he won. Strange booking generally though with Swagger, Trips continuing the dismantlement of Seamus, Orton crushing Legacy, Yoshi Tatsu winning the dark match BR, and with moving the MITB from the opening slot where it's generally flourished and set the tone. Good call finishing with HBK/Taker though, not just because of the ending but because it WAS the main match on the card, titles be damned.

Overall show of two halves. Opened poorly for me, no pop, overloaded MITB (and thusly seemed too busy and less spotty at the same time), dragged towards the middle, Bret went on a little longer than needed...OK, a lot longer, but my guess is that was Vince's call to really let people see Bret get his full revenge, but from then on four solid matches - even the divas match had some life to it.
    RVDSucka
    RVDSucka

Number of posts : 29
    Registration date : 2009-12-28

Post  RVDSucka Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:17 pm

MK wrote:Loved when Cena went up the barrier to celebrate with the fans and almost all of them were booing behind him.
    He did that on purpose. He knew they were a bunch of Cena haters and went and stood over there basically as a way to say "FU" to them. I actually loved it, was one of my fav moments of the night TBH. HBK/Taker was fantastic. I hate to see him go because he can still perform at a high level but after that u gotta hope this is it for HBK. That was just too good of a moment
    Outlaw2x4
    Outlaw2x4

Number of posts : 664
    Registration date : 2008-09-18

Post  Outlaw2x4 Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:34 am

I was fairly disappointed with it. The card was the best they've had in years, but none of it lived up to potential. MITB was solid, if overloaded. Punk Rey was way too short and formulaic, HHH Sheamus was surprisingly good, Bret and Vince was just awful. Insanely dull, and the crowd were dead. Jericho and Edge was good, but they had to claw the crowd back from the dead after bret and vince. Cena and Batista seemed to have enough botches to fill an entire episode of botchamania. And HBK and Taker was good, but not a patch on their match last year. Overall nothing really did it for me.
    Shane McMahon
    Shane McMahon

Number of posts : 355
    Registration date : 2008-10-12

Post  Shane McMahon Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:05 am

The first half of the show was terrrible, although I thought MITB was fast-paced and had some innovative spots.

HHH/Sheamus was solid but dull.

Bret/Vince wasn't booked great and went on too long. Should have had the Hart family turn on Vince halfway through the match, rather than at the beginning.

I thought HBK/Undertaker was good, not as good as last year. Glad to see it was the main event.

Oh and awful crowd.
    Garibaldi
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

Post  Garibaldi Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:20 pm

One thing I did notice in the MITB session was the careful use of the hree main "veterans" - Kane, Matt and Christian to keep some of the spots safe and tidy rather than just risk the newer guys slipping up.When MITB started the whole line-up had some experience in more extreme matches, so that worked to cover the inexperience of the others.

It really stood out in one of the most technically awkward parts - the twin ladder sequence. Kane was doing his part to look like he was trying to use is strength whilst holding the ladders up and together for Matt and Christian to fight on. Could have gone wrong in so many ways, but worked because they really knew what they were doing.

btw I read somewhere that Punk wanted his match to be hair v mask, but they nixed it because no-one would believe Rey would unmask. I can only assume that Punk thought he was winning, though, because I just canot see him without the wild-man hair
    Mr Torrie Wilson
    Mr Torrie Wilson

Number of posts : 302
    Registration date : 2008-10-03

Post  Mr Torrie Wilson Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:32 am

I enjoyed the show, but was surprised by a lot of the booking. I thought CM Punk going over would have been a better choice as it seemed like an interesting storyline to have Rey have to join his group. I was really disappointed with the Hart/McMahon match. I doubt Hart was really capable of much more than he did, but it would have been much better if McMahon had got some kind of heat on him before getting screwed. To me storyline wise the match really needed Earl Hebner in there to double cross McMahon and 'redeem' himself. I liked the Edge/Jericho match but I was thinking Jack Swagger was going to come out and pin Jericho after Edge destroyed him so that Edge lost the match but cost Jericho the title. But as I gather now, winning any title is probably not on the cards for Swagger. The Cena/Batista match was also good but I would have had Batista win as you can probably keep going back to that as a feud every so often as Cena tries to get his win. I thought the Michaels vs Undertaker match was amazing. I think I liked it more than last years in fact. If it is Michaels last match, and it's probably not, then it's a pretty decent one to go out on.
    Garibaldi
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

Post  Garibaldi Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:13 am

Apparently they did have talks with Hebner, but nothing came of them.

And yerah, I half expected Swagger to claim against Jericho. Would have worked too, because unlike every other time someone's done that, Jericho wasn't in the ring so they could have had him regain some sense of consciousness to sneak a codebreaker for the win much like the championship chase victory a couple of years back.
    Mr Torrie Wilson
    Mr Torrie Wilson

Number of posts : 302
    Registration date : 2008-10-03

Post  Mr Torrie Wilson Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:01 pm

Spoiler:
    Shaun2J

Number of posts : 1030
    Registration date : 2008-09-19

Post  Shaun2J Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:13 am

Mr Torrie Wilson wrote:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Kun©

Number of posts : 43
    Registration date : 2008-09-21

Post  Kun© Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:46 am

Spoiler:
    Garibaldi
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

Post  Garibaldi Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:39 am

Spoiler:
    Kun©

Number of posts : 43
    Registration date : 2008-09-21

Post  Kun© Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:36 am

Spoiler:
    IOV
    IOV

Number of posts : 998
    Registration date : 2008-09-16

Post  IOV Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:03 pm

Spoiler:
    showstealer
    showstealer

Number of posts : 1991
    Registration date : 2008-09-17

Post  showstealer Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:55 am

Spoiler:
    disco stu
    disco stu

Number of posts : 310
    Registration date : 2008-09-20

Post  disco stu Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:24 am

Line of the night. Cole: Bret Hart spits in the face of montreal.

Cole can fuck off and die.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:12 am