SmashLives!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SmashLives!

SmashLife 2: the sequel project - SmashLives.....It's ALIVE!

+22
MK
Mr Torrie Wilson
The Phenom
Sweatsock
Rooq
chr1s
showstealer
Outlaw2x4
Hector_Nicols_Accordian
Shane McMahon
PeteRoe
MarkFromGoldenplec
IOV
The Stig
The Ayatollah
Dr Hellwig PhD
The Real BIG BOSS MAN
zhukov
Bradshaw101
Ram Jam
'Dub
Garibaldi
26 posters

Wrestlemania - Official Thread. *Possible Spoilers* - WM XXVI from page 4

Shane McMahon
    Shane McMahon

Number of posts : 355
    Registration date : 2008-10-12

Wrestlemania - Official Thread. *Possible Spoilers* - WM XXVI from page 4 Empty Wrestlemania - Official Thread. *Possible Spoilers* - WM XXVI from page 4

Post  Shane McMahon Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:43 pm

WRESTLEMANIA XXV

WWE Champion Triple H vs. Randy Orton

World Heavyweight Champion Edge vs. Big Show

Shawn Michaels vs. Undertaker

Money in the Bank Ladder Match

I was taking a peep at the matches as I may watch this... Is the one in italics some kind of joke?
    Garibaldi
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

Number of posts : 1401
    Registration date : 2008-09-15

Wrestlemania - Official Thread. *Possible Spoilers* - WM XXVI from page 4 Empty Re: Wrestlemania - Official Thread. *Possible Spoilers* - WM XXVI from page 4

Post  Garibaldi Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:53 pm

It was announced by Vicky with show as the no. 1 contender, but I could see A.N.Mcmahon declaring that it's a Raw title, so the Raw GM (i.e. them) pick the opponent, declaring a Show v Cena match on a TV show and Cena winning to get the title match.

Given the big thing about the milestone WM20 ("where it all begins again"), it would make sense for the 25th show to be headlined by the biggest feuds of that 5 year period. And one of those, much as we may hate it, was Cena v Edge.
    IOV
    IOV

Number of posts : 998
    Registration date : 2008-09-16

Wrestlemania - Official Thread. *Possible Spoilers* - WM XXVI from page 4 Empty Re: Wrestlemania - Official Thread. *Possible Spoilers* - WM XXVI from page 4

Post  IOV Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:58 pm

There are actually big big rumours about the Heavyweight match being a three way match. I have no doubt it would be very good but they are kind of going overboard with the three ways at Wrestlemania at this point.
    'Dub
    'Dub
    The Final Cylon

Number of posts : 350

Post  'Dub Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:40 pm

I think if they can't find a legend as popular as Austin or Hogan to face Cena, they'll make it a triple threat.

We know that CM Punk, Mark Henry and Kane have qualified for MITB as of ECW.

The following matches are very likely to happen too:

Divas Champion Maryse vs Womens Champion Melina
    Chris Jericho vs Jerry Lawler
    Matt Hardy vs Jeff Hardy
    Ram Jam

Number of posts : 160
    Registration date : 2009-01-26

Post  Ram Jam Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:35 pm

Cannot wait for HBK vs. Undertaker, that should be a classic, I don't care how old those guys are. HBK is wrestling really well right now, and Taker looked good in what I saw of the Smackdown chamber match at No Way Out.

This should be a good Mania, I'm definitely ordering it.
    The Real BIG BOSS MAN

Number of posts : 20
    Registration date : 2008-10-02

Post  The Real BIG BOSS MAN Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:39 am

I'm concerned it is going to be utterly predictable. They should've been making legacy look really strong but they haven't. The inclusion of kane and henry in MITB seems like they had to fit them in somewhere. Also if Lawler is the best the can do for jericho after the year he has hand he'd be well in his rights to tell them to shove it up their arse
    zhukov
    zhukov

Number of posts : 99
    Registration date : 2008-09-26

Post  zhukov Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:10 pm

a hell of a lot of bitchin about the card, but I honestly think (no chance it will be, given same location etc etc but here's hoping) that this could be Wrestlemania 17 level

Orton Vs HHH has been turned into a SUPERB heated main event, I have never liked Orton, but I want the heel to walk out with the title. Given they have wrestled each other enough times (usually decent) and both can bring it to an extent in a big match, I seriously think we could have a great OTT heated main event here.

If HHH vs Undertaker doesn't push ****+ I would be totally and utterly shocked.

It looks like they are totally mixing up MITB with a few bigger guys- so that gives a different style match this year, for something that is guarenteed to be decent.

Hardy vs Hardy should be pretty good, and will have heat and build up behind it.

We don't know where they are going as far as Edge's title defence, but lets face it, we are going to get a good match out of it.

Re Womens battle royal, bringing back people from the past is a far better idea than the usual womens crap, shame they can't do another gimmick battle royal though, and just go all out for the old names.

Add on to this the fact you have something with Jericho, which will by rights be entertaining, I think we have what on paper could be a very good Wrestlemania

I also think they are going to go all out to make THIS aniversary show something special, given that Wrestlemania 20 has been hidden away for obvious reasons
    Bradshaw101
    Bradshaw101

Number of posts : 163

Post  Bradshaw101 Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:34 am

I saw on 411 that they're doing a 25 Diva Battle Royal with several Divas from the past, and Tammy Sytch has indicated on her MySpace that she'll be one of them.
    The Stig
    The Stig

Number of posts : 705

Post  The Stig Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:09 pm

Bradshaw101 wrote:I saw on 411 that they're doing a 25 Diva Battle Royal with several Divas from the past, and Tammy Sytch has indicated on her MySpace that she'll be one of them.

Jackie Gayda has also revealed that she'll be one.
    zhukov
    zhukov

Post  zhukov Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:24 am

the problem with all these women, is that as far as old names coming back, the only ones people would give a fuck about are Trish, Sunny, Lita, Chyna, Sable and probably to an extent Stacy and Torrie Wilson, its not like the likes of Ivory, Jazz, Molly Holly etc etc are going to get a pop, or had such a gimmick that people would actually show some interest in them for such a match
    Garibaldi
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

Post  Garibaldi Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:16 am

If they've got 25, they can afford to include one or two that the serious wrestling fans would appreciate - Molly would be one of those. Torrie, on the other hand, would be a no-no - her back is in a pretty bad state these days, which is why she quit. Amnd unless Chyna has dropped about 5 stone, I'd be really hoping she ISN'T in there.

Assuming no separate match for the champs, I'd expect:

Melina, Beth, Kelly, Maria, Maryse, Michelle, Natalya, Gail Kim, Jillian, Candace, Rosa, the Bella twins, Alecia, Victoria, Lalya, Katie, Eva, Lita, Trish, Sunny, Jackie Gayda, Molly....

...and Mae Young

That's one spot left, I'm certain I've missed one or two active ones, and you've got Stacey/Sable/Ivory/Cherry as back-up.
    Shane McMahon
    Shane McMahon

Number of posts : 355
    Registration date : 2008-10-12

Post  Shane McMahon Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:26 am

Its a DIVA Battle Royal. Who gives a shit?
    The Real BIG BOSS MAN

Number of posts : 20
    Registration date : 2008-10-02

Post  The Real BIG BOSS MAN Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:36 am

exactly it will waste fifteen minutes when guys with talent will be nowhere. i say the streak should end
    Dr Hellwig PhD
    Dr Hellwig PhD

Number of posts : 217
    Location : Perpetually moving through shitholes. Or Polmont and Croy as they are otherwise known
    Registration date : 2008-10-28

Post  Dr Hellwig PhD Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:28 am

Garibaldi wrote:If they've got 25, they can afford to include one or two that the serious wrestling fans would appreciate - Molly would be one of those. Torrie, on the other hand, would be a no-no - her back is in a pretty bad state these days, which is why she quit. Amnd unless Chyna has dropped about 5 stone, I'd be really hoping she ISN'T in there.

Assuming no separate match for the champs, I'd expect:

Melina, Beth, Kelly, Maria, Maryse, Michelle, Natalya, Gail Kim, Jillian, Candace, Rosa, the Bella twins, Alecia, Victoria, Lalya, Katie, Eva, Lita, Trish, Sunny, Jackie Gayda, Molly....

...and Mae Young

That's one spot left, I'm certain I've missed one or two active ones, and you've got Stacey/Sable/Ivory/Cherry as back-up.

Isn't Stacey Keibler pregnant?

That'd pretty much rule her out.

Sable isn't going to happen due to the ongoing Brock/McMahon feud.

Cherry didn't leave on the best of terms.

Pretty much just leaves Ivory from that list.

More likely to see Luna Vachon I reckon though.
    Shaun2J

Number of posts : 1030
    Registration date : 2008-09-19

Post  Shaun2J Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:55 am

Harvey Whippleman anyone?
    The Ayatollah
    The Ayatollah

Number of posts : 719

Post  The Ayatollah Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:14 am

Good god no!
    The Stig
    The Stig

Post  The Stig Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:12 am

I'm wondering if they'll try to make this match feature important women from the last 25 years, and include women going as far back as Wendi Richter; rather than just featuring everyone on the roster, plus a few favourites.

If not, then the last spot on Garibaldi's list could be filled by Beulah?
    The Ayatollah
    The Ayatollah

Post  The Ayatollah Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:15 am

Hmm, the lovely Beulah, good choice Stig! I guess we shall see. Lita, Trish, Molly and Sunny id like to see in that battle royal, maybe Ivory too

I really hope Jericho doesnt end up facing Lawler, Austin I would prefer, if Stevo's neck is upto it, I mean its obvious Jericho will be losing, so Id prefer it be to someone credible like Austin

Still Mania looks shit hot, not sure why Mark Henry is in MITB though, will he even be able to climb the ladder, I cant see a guy his size taking a ladder bump, that'll be left to the likes of CM Punk and MVP to take the big bumps, and Benjamin too, if he's in it
    zhukov
    zhukov

Post  zhukov Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:46 pm

you have to feel that something worthwhile is up their sleeve regarding Jericho, or they wouldn't have pushed it in the way they had.

Although it HAS to be Austin (with no Austin appearances in the run up, Jericho is good enough to handle it on his own), and if that isn't possible the thing is a waste
    Garibaldi
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

Post  Garibaldi Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:07 pm

The Stig wrote:I'm wondering if they'll try to make this match feature important women from the last 25 years, and include women going as far back as Wendi Richter; rather than just featuring everyone on the roster, plus a few favourites.

If not, then the last spot on Garibaldi's list could be filled by Beulah?

Good call - missed that one!

And btw what was the Cherry thing? I never even realised she'd been released until she just hadn't appeared for a while.

And please god DON'T let Michaels be the one to end the streak - he's already retired Flair, if the streak has to go give someone else the rub from this one.

Jericho will definately be losing, so if they don't go with Austin as the opponent, I can see him - and a whole army of legends - geting involved in the match to hit finishers behind the ref's back.

And I'm wondering if the plan with Henry in the MITB is to try and make it a little different by not focusing just on the fact that it's TLC with a briefcase. Would rather they didn't, but like you said, Henry ain't taking a bump through a table from the top of a 13-foot ladder, is he!
    Dr Hellwig PhD
    Dr Hellwig PhD

Location : Perpetually moving through shitholes. Or Polmont and Croy as they are otherwise known

Post  Dr Hellwig PhD Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:40 pm

Garibaldi wrote:
    And I'm wondering if the plan with Henry in the MITB is to try and make it a little different by not focusing just on the fact that it's TLC with a briefcase. Would rather they didn't, but like you said, Henry ain't taking a bump through a table from the top of a 13-foot ladder, is he!

You're probably right and I reckon it's more to do with the new PG mentality at Titan Towers than anything else, by reducing the number of spot monkeys in the match they reduce the amount of high risk manoueveres (Not to mention the general interest in the match).
    The Stig
    The Stig

Post  The Stig Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:45 pm

Debra's apparently confirmed for the Diva Battle Royal.

EDIT

Also:

PWInsider.com is reporting that former WWE Women's Champion Wendi Richter has been contacted by the company to appear in the 25 Diva Battle Royal at Wrestlemania. This is surprising news considering the last time Richter was seen on WWE TV she was basically screwed by the company on her way out when she was set to drop the title to The Fabulous Moolah.

Looks like I was right. Cool
    The Ayatollah
    The Ayatollah

Post  The Ayatollah Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:45 pm

from lordsofpain.net

Torrie Wilson has plans to be on hand for the WrestleMania XXV festivities in Houston next month. She also noted in her recent blog that she's physically feeling like her old self again and able to do things she wasn't able to do following back surgery last summer. It is now coming out that the former WWE Diva will be wrestling at WrestleMania XXV.

In an interview with the Miami Herald, TNA wrestler Booker T discussed the problems he's encountered with his WrestleMania weekend charity event as World Wrestling Entertainment pulled several people from his Fan Fest. Booker says Torrie Wilson was pulled from his event due to her scheduled match at WrestleMania.
    The Stig
    The Stig

Post  The Stig Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:15 pm

I think it could be Rey Mysterio vs JBL for the IC title at Mania?
    showstealer
    showstealer

Number of posts : 1991
    Registration date : 2008-09-17

Post  showstealer Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:29 pm

zhukov wrote:you have to feel that something worthwhile is up their sleeve regarding Jericho, or they wouldn't have pushed it in the way they had.

Although it HAS to be Austin (with no Austin appearances in the run up, Jericho is good enough to handle it on his own), and if that isn't possible the thing is a waste
    You need at least 1 Austin appearance (Raw before Mania), otherwise fans won't know what they are paying for. Likewise, these who weren't already doing so won't have the urge to go out and buy the ppv.

See James Brown in WCW.

Last edited by ShowStealer on Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:37 am; edited 1 time in total
    Shaun2J

Number of posts : 1030
    Registration date : 2008-09-19

Post  Shaun2J Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:33 am

Got a feeling that Vickie's gonna win the battle royal! Hey, I called it first.
    zhukov
    zhukov

Post  zhukov Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:41 pm

ShowStealer wrote:

See James Brown in WCW.

that was just stupid though.

Re Austin, I know he makes one off appearances every six months or so, but you dilute the novelty if you have him showing up before Mania
    Dr Hellwig PhD
    Dr Hellwig PhD

Post  Dr Hellwig PhD Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:52 pm

Wrestlemania sells itself - no wrestler is going to encourage anyone else to buy the card only a mainstream celeb/sportsman like Trump or Mayweather could bump up the buy-rates significantly. Nobody in this day and age will pay over the odds to see Austin wrestle Jericho in a one-off match regardless of how well it's booked before hand - we all know how it's going to end and you won't see Austin doing an HBK, forming a miraculous comeback because his body is shot to buggery.

The only ex-wrestling legends, IMO, who could put significant numbers on the buy-rates by wrestling on the show are not going to happen:

Bret Hart - legally, physically and mentally retired from wrestling

Warrior Warrior - Grade A mental.

Randy Savage - Not welcome despite wrestling in the five best matches on the Wrestlemania cards in six years. (III - VIII excluding VI fact fans...)

Brock Lesnar - Because he doesn't have to.

The Rock - As Above. With bells on.

Add to that the fact they'd be wrestling Chris Jericho who, as much as I love him as a performer, is a touch careless at times, and you've no bloody chance.
    IOV
    IOV

Number of posts : 998

Post  IOV Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:53 pm

Surely an Austin appearance on Raw to let Jericho know he's going to Wrestlemania and he's coming to get him wouldnt dilute his name value. Infact if anything it drums up a lot of interest because a) people know Jericho is going to get his come uppance and b) its going to be Steve Austin doing it.
    zhukov
    zhukov

Post  zhukov Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:55 pm

Dr Hellwig PhD wrote:

Brock Lesnar - Because he doesn't have to.

Brock Lesnar who couldn't draw for shit when he was actually in wrestling.

Would he even draw any mainstream interest?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:34 am