SmashLives!

SmashLife 2: the sequel project - SmashLives.....It's ALIVE!


    UEFA Champions League

    Share
    avatar
    showstealer

    Number of posts : 1977
    Age : 74
    Location : The 3rd Division.
    Registration date : 2008-09-17

    Re: UEFA Champions League

    Post  showstealer on Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:27 pm

    Shocked

    Messi.

    Shocked
    avatar
    MK

    Number of posts : 622
    Age : 30
    Location : Minneapolis
    Registration date : 2009-02-11

    Re: UEFA Champions League

    Post  MK on Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:53 am

    Wow. Rooney is going to start against Bayern...

    Shocked
    avatar
    Outlaw2x4

    Number of posts : 664
    Location : Eire
    Registration date : 2008-09-18

    Re: UEFA Champions League

    Post  Outlaw2x4 on Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:54 pm

    Holy shit! 3-0 up and they threw it away! What a match!
    avatar
    MK

    Number of posts : 622
    Age : 30
    Location : Minneapolis
    Registration date : 2009-02-11

    Re: UEFA Champions League

    Post  MK on Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:39 pm

    Wow. Bayern and Inter are European giants, but I wasn't expecting either of them to be in the Finals.
    avatar
    Outlaw2x4

    Number of posts : 664
    Location : Eire
    Registration date : 2008-09-18

    Re: UEFA Champions League

    Post  Outlaw2x4 on Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:07 am

    MK wrote:Wow. Bayern and Inter are European giants, but I wasn't expecting either of them to be in the Finals.

    Neither of them have been anywhere near to the standard to get to a final in a very long time. But fair play to them nontheless.

    I thought Barca turning the sprinklers on Inter was a bloody disgrace.
    avatar
    Rooq

    Number of posts : 585
    Age : 2015
    Location : Earth
    Registration date : 2008-09-17

    Re: UEFA Champions League

    Post  Rooq on Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:30 am

    Barca proved they are terrible sore losers.

    That guy who was rolling around on the floor and had a quick look to see what card the guy would get was disgusting!

    karma is good, glad Barca got knocked out.
    avatar
    MK

    Number of posts : 622
    Age : 30
    Location : Minneapolis
    Registration date : 2009-02-11

    Re: UEFA Champions League

    Post  MK on Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:24 pm

    Glad to see Spurs getting into the CL proper. Depending on the draw, wouldn't be surprised to see them advance to the knockout stage. Can't wait to watch the draw tomorrow!
    avatar
    showstealer

    Number of posts : 1977
    Age : 74
    Location : The 3rd Division.
    Registration date : 2008-09-17

    Re: UEFA Champions League

    Post  showstealer on Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:21 am

    I guess the forum admin will me making his triumphant return soon...
    avatar
    MK

    Number of posts : 622
    Age : 30
    Location : Minneapolis
    Registration date : 2009-02-11

    Re: UEFA Champions League

    Post  MK on Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:16 am

    Group G....

    Shocked
    avatar
    Outlaw2x4

    Number of posts : 664
    Location : Eire
    Registration date : 2008-09-18

    Re: UEFA Champions League

    Post  Outlaw2x4 on Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:55 am

    Spurs have their work cut out for them.
    avatar
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

    Number of posts : 1401
    Age : 44
    Location : First in line for the funny farm
    Registration date : 2008-09-15

    Re: UEFA Champions League

    Post  Garibaldi on Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:42 am

    Ouch!

    A one in six chance of a bad draw and we got it. Definately a test of how well we've settled a this level...


    _________________
    Miss You Dad...
    avatar
    IOV

    Number of posts : 998
    Age : 33
    Location : Ireland
    Registration date : 2008-09-16

    Re: UEFA Champions League

    Post  IOV on Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:48 am

    I think Spurs will take AC, they aren't a good team any more and the front three are just papering over the cracks.

    I'm happy enough with Uniteds draw. Marseille have put together a good team since we last played them but hopefully by then United should have clicked into some sort of gear!
    avatar
    showstealer

    Number of posts : 1977
    Age : 74
    Location : The 3rd Division.
    Registration date : 2008-09-17

    Re: UEFA Champions League

    Post  showstealer on Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:14 pm

    Yeah AC aren't very good these days, they're an ageing team who would only beat Charlton by a single figure score.
    avatar
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

    Number of posts : 1401
    Age : 44
    Location : First in line for the funny farm
    Registration date : 2008-09-15

    Re: UEFA Champions League

    Post  Garibaldi on Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:10 pm

    Garibaldi wrote:Ouch!

    A one in six chance of a bad draw and we got it. Definately a test of how well we've settled a this level...

    Test passed, I think!

    Loved the fact that it took one pesrson to hold back Gattuso at the end but about 15 to hold back Joe Jordan!

    But Barca, come on. How could you let them back in like that...?


    _________________
    Miss You Dad...
    avatar
    Outlaw2x4

    Number of posts : 664
    Location : Eire
    Registration date : 2008-09-18

    Re: UEFA Champions League

    Post  Outlaw2x4 on Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:17 pm

    That felt good. Really good.

    We were by far the better team in the second half. Barcelona created nothing.

    Mainly because Barca fell asleep of course, but it won't stop me celebrating!
    avatar
    MK

    Number of posts : 622
    Age : 30
    Location : Minneapolis
    Registration date : 2009-02-11

    Re: UEFA Champions League

    Post  MK on Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:52 pm

    I still see Barca advancing after the second leg. It'll be just like last year. Gunners think they have a chance after the first leg, then get destroyed in the second.
    avatar
    IOV

    Number of posts : 998
    Age : 33
    Location : Ireland
    Registration date : 2008-09-16

    Re: UEFA Champions League

    Post  IOV on Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:07 pm

    Thank God thats over!

    I have yet to see an entertaining performance from United in Europe this year, Carrick and Gibson seemed to be having a contest between them to see who could give the ball away the most although the have been doing that all year. It's most frustrating watching Carrick do it as he showed how good he can be all the way back in 2008.

    Smalling looks better every time he plays though and that is a plus, I hope he can keep his confidence though because this time last year Johnny Evans was looking like a world beater as well.

    I dont see 0-0 as a massive achievment in the first leg, 1 goal from Marseille in the 2nd leg will make it difficult but I fancy United to beat them Hopefully by that stage Arsenal will have done the rest of Europe a favour and taken Barca out of the equation.
    avatar
    showstealer

    Number of posts : 1977
    Age : 74
    Location : The 3rd Division.
    Registration date : 2008-09-17

    Re: UEFA Champions League

    Post  showstealer on Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:43 am

    IOV wrote:Thank God thats over!

    I have yet to see an entertaining performance from United in Europe this year, Carrick and Gibson seemed to be having a contest between them to see who could give the ball away the most although the have been doing that all year. It's most frustrating watching Carrick do it as he showed how good he can be all the way back in 2008.

    Smalling looks better every time he plays though and that is a plus, I hope he can keep his confidence though because this time last year Johnny Evans was looking like a world beater as well.

    I dont see 0-0 as a massive achievment in the first leg, 1 goal from Marseille in the 2nd leg will make it difficult but I fancy United to beat them Hopefully by that stage Arsenal will have done the rest of Europe a favour and taken Barca out of the equation.
    Wasn't this Man Utd's first European game of the year? whistle
    avatar
    IOV

    Number of posts : 998
    Age : 33
    Location : Ireland
    Registration date : 2008-09-16

    Re: UEFA Champions League

    Post  IOV on Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:36 am

    ShowStealer wrote:
    IOV wrote:Thank God thats over!

    I have yet to see an entertaining performance from United in Europe this year, Carrick and Gibson seemed to be having a contest between them to see who could give the ball away the most although the have been doing that all year. It's most frustrating watching Carrick do it as he showed how good he can be all the way back in 2008.

    Smalling looks better every time he plays though and that is a plus, I hope he can keep his confidence though because this time last year Johnny Evans was looking like a world beater as well.

    I dont see 0-0 as a massive achievment in the first leg, 1 goal from Marseille in the 2nd leg will make it difficult but I fancy United to beat them Hopefully by that stage Arsenal will have done the rest of Europe a favour and taken Barca out of the equation.
    Wasn't this Man Utd's first European game of the year? whistle

    So my point is still valid Cool

    I meant this season smart hole Very Happy

    Sponsored content

    Re: UEFA Champions League

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:21 pm