SmashLives!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SmashLives!

SmashLife 2: the sequel project - SmashLives.....It's ALIVE!

3 posters

Greyhound racing. Help needed for 1st time out!

brother of destruction
    brother of destruction

Number of posts : 370
    Registration date : 2008-09-15

Greyhound racing.  Help needed for 1st time out! Empty Greyhound racing. Help needed for 1st time out!

Post  brother of destruction Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:17 pm

Have got a night out at the end of the month at the dogs. I'm pretty well geared up for my horses, so know about placing bets etc, I'm just wondering if anyone's got any hints about how to pick out winners. Is form guide of any relevence? Lucky tracks/traps? Usually for horses I use a blend of form (including course + distance experience) & what they're looking like in the parade ring. Is there any skill in picking winning dogs or is it a case of getting a system going & hoping for a decent winner?
    Hector_Nicols_Accordian
    Hector_Nicols_Accordian

Number of posts : 480

Greyhound racing.  Help needed for 1st time out! Empty Re: Greyhound racing. Help needed for 1st time out!

Post  Hector_Nicols_Accordian Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:19 am

The form will provide you with a timing of the speed of the dog to the first bend. Pick the dog that will get to the first corner first. It's hard to overtake in greyhound races.
    Garibaldi
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

Number of posts : 1401

Greyhound racing.  Help needed for 1st time out! Empty Re: Greyhound racing. Help needed for 1st time out!

Post  Garibaldi Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:51 am

I'd also watch for any who are described as staying well and tending to run the outside - pays on a few fronts:

1. the outside route is longer, if they've got the speed and stamina for that then there's no race they'll need to run that will cause difficulties

2. if they're good on the outside, imagine what they'll be like if they get a clear track on the shorter inside route

3. the outside route tends to be less busy, so they'll be more likely to avoid any balking or boxing.

Also, as there's only 6 runners, if you're after a likely profit rather than a risky bet for a big payout, if there's a well tipped but not short-priced dog, consider an each-way bet.

And get the bets on early. Once they're parading you won't have long.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:15 am