SmashLives!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SmashLives!

SmashLife 2: the sequel project - SmashLives.....It's ALIVE!

+18
Inno
KabukiJoe
Screwjob97
Rooq
ThatChumpStain
Hector_Nicols_Accordian
Sweatsock
Garibaldi
Mezzy
MarkFromGoldenplec
The Ayatollah
Kun©
brother of destruction
Shaun2J
Dr Hellwig PhD
showstealer
Clarkey
PeteRoe
22 posters

Transfer Window

Big Dave
    Big Dave

Number of posts : 1194
    Registration date : 2008-09-23

Transfer Window - Page 4 Empty Re: Transfer Window

Post  Big Dave Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:48 am

Diouf to Blackburn, Wayne Brown to Lecister and Leeds have let Malcolm Crisite go.
    IOV
    IOV

Number of posts : 998
    Registration date : 2008-09-16

Post  IOV Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:02 am

Newcastle have signed Kevin Nolan, I always liked him but I think he has made the wrong move
    Big Dave
    Big Dave

Post  Big Dave Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:21 am

Insomnia to Wigan amd Ryan Taylor to Newcastle. Real Madrid are loneing a GFrench guy from West Ham and West Ham hav loaned Robert Kovac from Spartak Moscow.

Post  Guest Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:33 pm

And that's Newcastle fucked royally... their one man defence has buggered off.
    showstealer
    showstealer

Number of posts : 1991
    Registration date : 2008-09-17

Post  showstealer Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:36 pm

Time for Harper to shine.
    Outlaw2x4
    Outlaw2x4

Number of posts : 664
    Registration date : 2008-09-18

Post  Outlaw2x4 Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:51 pm

Why did City bother with Given, I think Joe Hart is a great keeper and he's only getting better.
    The Ayatollah
    The Ayatollah

Number of posts : 719
    Registration date : 2008-09-16

Post  The Ayatollah Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:20 am

I'm hoping Steven Fletcher opts for Cardiff, dont want to see him go to Celtic!

Post  Guest Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:39 am

Well by all accounts the Arse-havin deal has broken down over wage demands... which was exactly what I predicted would happen on day 1 of the window.

Well, that was 32 days well wasted. Rolling Eyes
    showstealer
    showstealer

Number of posts : 1991
    Registration date : 2008-09-17

Post  showstealer Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:40 am

Keane is back at Spurs and Jimmy Greaves is having a medical.

Post  Guest Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:47 am

LMAO@ Spurs!

In fairness at least they've been good enough to admit that Keane and Defoe were the only players that made them any good. Laughing
    Big Dave
    Big Dave

Post  Big Dave Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:11 am

JK wrote:Well by all accounts the Arse-havin deal has broken down over wage demands... which was exactly what I predicted would happen on day 1 of the window.

I thought it was because his club wanted half his signing on fee.

Post  Guest Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:39 am

Big Dave wrote:
    JK wrote:Well by all accounts the Arse-havin deal has broken down over wage demands... which was exactly what I predicted would happen on day 1 of the window.

I thought it was because his club wanted half his signing on fee.

That's what's being reported now. This morning he was apparently on his way back to an airport because of personal terms (although given that all the airports are shut that may well have been false.)

Apparently he's now agreed his contract and personal terms and passed his medical but Zenit are still being dicks over payment methods. The rumour that seems to be doing the rounds is that they want a £15m bullet payment whilst Arsenal want installments.

Post  Guest Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:53 am

Well done Zenit. Now he'll buy out his contract in December and you'll get nowhere near £15m for him. Enjoy!

EDIT: For the love of fuck have we signed him or what? Shocked
    MarkFromGoldenplec
    MarkFromGoldenplec

Number of posts : 132

Post  MarkFromGoldenplec Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:21 am

Youve got a huge stadium and never spend a penny, give them the damn money ffs. Its Wengers inability to spend that has them in 5th place. Buying Silvestre off us just because hes cheap Laughing

Post  Guest Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:27 am

MarkFromGoldenplec wrote:Youve got a huge stadium and never spend a penny, give them the damn money ffs.

Someone probably said that when you were hmmming and erming over Veron and almost certainly when we bought Reyes.
    MarkFromGoldenplec
    MarkFromGoldenplec

Post  MarkFromGoldenplec Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:30 am

JK wrote:
    MarkFromGoldenplec wrote:Youve got a huge stadium and never spend a penny, give them the damn money ffs.

Someone probably said that when you were hmmming and erming over Veron and almost certainly when we bought Reyes.

the 12 million for Reyes was hardly a big loss? Considering the ammount of money you make and compare to the ammount you spend, then you see why you have been so crap these last few years. You sold Henry, Hleb, Vieira, Pires, Campbell and Ljundberg and never replaced any of them, you wouldnt even spring for money to replace Jens and now you have a terrible 1st choice keeper and in all likelyhood wont play in the CL next year for it.

Post  Guest Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:38 am

MarkFromGoldenplec wrote:
    JK wrote:

the 12 million for Reyes was hardly a big loss? Considering the ammount of money you make and compare to the ammount you spend, then you see why you have been so crap these last few years. You sold Henry, Hleb, Vieira, Pires, Campbell and Ljundberg and never replaced any of them, you wouldnt even spring for money to replace Jens and now you have a terrible 1st choice keeper and in all likelyhood wont play in the CL next year for it.

I'm sorry, we never replaced any of them? Eduardo was Henry's replacement, Walcott is Hleb's replacement, Rosicky is Pires' replacement etc... it's not Wenger's fault they're all crocked! Plus where the hell do you even buy players to replace Henry and Vieira? Razz And I think after last year Almunia deserved to be given one season as first choice. Doubt he'll get another but he's hardly Taibi terrible!

If we weren't so injury ridden in key areas I don't think we'd be struggling nearly as much as we are.

Plus we have the likes of Vela, Wilshere, Merida etc all coming up and all look very promising (esp the first two). Hill Wood has said that we can afford to miss one year of CL football and if everyone sticks around we have the makings of a very very good team.

Oh and had Reyes not pissed back to Spain because of the weather the deal would have come to a lot more than £12m
    MarkFromGoldenplec
    MarkFromGoldenplec

Post  MarkFromGoldenplec Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:44 am

Promising is one thing, but they have been saying that for years, Eboue, Denilson, Hoyte, Senderos etc were all promising at one stage. Eduardo looked crap before he got hurt anyway.

We lost Becks, we got Ronaldo. We agreed 6 million for him, they said 7, we said fine, they said 10, we said fine, they said 12, we said fine. We got him at any cost and look at him now. Rooney and Rio the same.

In these days you need to spend and its been Arsenes thriftyness thats been a big problem.

Post  Guest Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:48 am

Eboue is an alright player, Denilson is one of the most underrated midfielders in the Premiership, Senderos is doing ok over in Italy and Hoyte just wasn't Arsenal class but was hardly terrible.

If you really think Eduardo looked crap then I can only suggest a stronger prescription for your glasses seeing as he was really starting to get into his stride when he got injured, both as a creative force and as a scorer. In fact in the 5-6 games running up to his injury I think he set up most of not all of the goals he didn't score.
    Outlaw2x4
    Outlaw2x4

Post  Outlaw2x4 Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:02 pm

Eduardo looked crap? Complete nonsense. And I agree with JK about Denilson, I think he's had a really good season thus far and nobody has mentioned it at all. Never going to argue about senderos, but I'd rather have Senderos right now ever that clown Silvestre.
    Garibaldi
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

Number of posts : 1401
    Registration date : 2008-09-15

Post  Garibaldi Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:00 pm

I love this whle thing that's all over the web about Spurs being a laughing stock for buying back old players... 18 months ago we were the 5th best team in the country, now we're not. Fair enough on Chimbo but JD and Keano were a major part of the Jol team.

And of course, we're not really out of pocket over the three deals combined. Fair enough the defoe deal costing us about £5-6 million was a bit stupoid, but how can making £5 milion+ on Keano - a player who will be welcomed back, has the workrate Harry's looking for and will boost morale around the club and fans be a joke?

And Defoe is just destined not to play in a cup final...

(cue JK joke about "of course not., why else would he go back to Spurs"...followed by my response of "how many finals have your lot reached in the last 18 months"...his comeback of "but that's just the Carling Chamberpot"...my "but it IS a trophy"...and so on.)

Plus, it's a bad sign when your board says you can "afford one year without Champions League football"...it means your budget has been built with the assumption you'll get there year in year out with a small margin for error only.

End of the day, the only way to guarantee survival is to spend within your budget WITHOUT counting expected income. You really need to be spending the money the year after you earn it, not before you have. That or know how to sell players at huge profits without harming the team. We've still only paid when we've received over all the Keane deals, for example (good), but the mistake we made was not having a replacement in place (bad).
    Mezzy
    Mezzy

Number of posts : 45
    Registration date : 2008-11-20

Post  Mezzy Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:14 pm

Fergie must be quite pissed off having loaned Campbell to Spurs only for them to sign two more strikers, making him 5th choice and basically redundant. So now he has to waste 5 months of his career, and an important part of it where he needs to be developing. Great.
    MarkFromGoldenplec
    MarkFromGoldenplec

Post  MarkFromGoldenplec Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:16 pm

Mezzy wrote:Fergie must be quite pissed off having loaned Campbell to Spurs only for them to sign two more strikers, making him 5th choice and basically redundant. So now he has to waste 5 months of his career, and an important part of it where he needs to be developing. Great.

Hes shit anyway.
    Garibaldi
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

Number of posts : 1401

Post  Garibaldi Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:23 pm

He's doing pretty well. He's certainly not behind Bent, Defoe's injured, andhe was never expected to be more than an impact sub, so he's not really any worse off.

Plus Fergie's happy - without him you wouldn't have signed Berba last year.

Post  Guest Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:14 am

Mezzy wrote:Fergie must be quite pissed off having loaned Campbell to Spurs only for them to sign two more strikers, making him 5th choice and basically redundant. So now he has to waste 5 months of his career, and an important part of it where he needs to be developing. Great.

Hes shit anyway.

Is there anyone in the footballing universe bar Ronaldo you don't think is shit?
    Big Dave
    Big Dave

Post  Big Dave Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:25 am

He seemed ok when he played for Hull, Man U should have sold him to Hull when they had £5mill on the table in the summer.
    MarkFromGoldenplec
    MarkFromGoldenplec

Post  MarkFromGoldenplec Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:41 am

JK wrote:

Hes shit anyway.

Is there anyone in the footballing universe bar Ronaldo you don't think is shit?

Rolling Eyes Sorry I dont rate Fraizer Campbell and Eduardo, neither have actually proved anything. Manucho is better than Campbell and hes not great at all. If you were picking the 10 best strikers in the league Eduardo wouldnt be in it either, for the replacement of Henry who was the best, thats not good. And to save you time.

Rooney
    Berbatov
    Torres
    Anelka
    Drogba
    Keane
    Defoe
    Owen
    Adebayor
    Van Persie

Are all better than Eduardo.

Post  Guest Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:43 am

How you can possibly know or conclude that based on half a season which ended with injury just as he was scoring about a goal a game and assisting 2-3 (ala Henry during his first season) I will never know...

And I also hope that list is not in order as if you genuinely think Berbatov is better than Torres or that Owen is better than Adebayor or Van Persie or indeed in the Top 10 then you are mad, quite mad.
    Outlaw2x4
    Outlaw2x4

Post  Outlaw2x4 Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:33 am

And I would also argue that I think Eduardo is better than defoe. And if you are going to put Keanes 6 months at Liverpool, against eduardos 6 months at arsenal, Eduardo was better.
    Sweatsock
    Sweatsock

Number of posts : 360

Post  Sweatsock Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:25 pm

According to Wiki, Eduardo scored 4 goals in 17 appearances before getting injured.

I thought he looked decent but certainly not on the level of a Drogba, Torres or Berbatov. Time will tell but I'd have to say I'd be really surprised if he returns and comes anywhere close to the level of Henry.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:53 pm