SmashLives!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SmashLives!

SmashLife 2: the sequel project - SmashLives.....It's ALIVE!

+18
Inno
KabukiJoe
Screwjob97
Rooq
ThatChumpStain
Hector_Nicols_Accordian
Sweatsock
Garibaldi
Mezzy
MarkFromGoldenplec
The Ayatollah
Kun©
brother of destruction
Shaun2J
Dr Hellwig PhD
showstealer
Clarkey
PeteRoe
22 posters

Transfer Window

brother of destruction
    brother of destruction

Number of posts : 370
    Registration date : 2008-09-15

Transfer Window - Page 7 Empty Re: Transfer Window

Post  brother of destruction Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:03 am

Pretty shit deadline day tbh. Was hoping for at least one "holy shit where did that come from" transfer.
    Inno
    Inno
    Old School Evil Genius

Number of posts : 135

Post  Inno Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:56 pm

Bah for Celtic the transfer window was like a night out in Glasgow. Started off looking promising but ended with a last minute Chinese...
    IOV
    IOV

Number of posts : 998
    Registration date : 2008-09-16

Post  IOV Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:00 pm

Im surprised at Everton signing Heitinga on the relatively cheap and Spurs getting Krancjar for a knock down £2.5 million. I know he was in the last year of his contract but I still found it surprising
    Big Dave
    Big Dave

Number of posts : 1194
    Registration date : 2008-09-23

Post  Big Dave Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:00 am

I'm pleased that Leeds kept hold of everyone and strengthed a little.

hull just got Jan Van big name on a free, not a bad signing for the twats.
    MK
    MK

Number of posts : 622
    Registration date : 2009-02-11

Post  MK Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:15 pm

Hey guys. When exactly does the summer transfer window close? And is it always the same every year, or does it vary?
    showstealer
    showstealer

Number of posts : 1991
    Registration date : 2008-09-17

Post  showstealer Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:57 am

Inno wrote:Bah for Celtic the transfer window was like a night out in Glasgow. Started off looking promising but ended with a last minute Chinese...
    Very Happy

I think it's the same each year, and having a complete guess here, the last Friday of September.

We've sold our best players and have replaced them with shite ones! wall wall wall
    IOV
    IOV

Post  IOV Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:47 am

I'm nearly sure its the 31st of August but it has been extended at times if it falls on a Sunday I think
    MK
    MK

Post  MK Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:38 pm

So are there expected to be any more big transfers before then? I mean, we've all heard about the Fabregas drama, the Torres drama, etc. Are there going to be any big names that move?
    MK
    MK

Post  MK Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:07 am

Also, I'm starting to get really fed up with Barca's antics. Their courting of Fabregas has been completely off-putting and now Villa has said that he's "surprised Torres hasn't moved to Chelsea yet." That may be a true statement, but why are all the Barca players sticking their noses where they don't belong and stirring up trouble?

I had been a fan of the club, but this is starting to sway me the other way.
    IOV
    IOV

Post  IOV Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:29 am

MK wrote:Also, I'm starting to get really fed up with Barca's antics. Their courting of Fabregas has been completely off-putting and now Villa has said that he's "surprised Torres hasn't moved to Chelsea yet." That may be a true statement, but why are all the Barca players sticking their noses where they don't belong and stirring up trouble?

I had been a fan of the club, but this is starting to sway me the other way.

Spanish football is a law onto itself basically the do what they want when they want and as long as English football isnt dominating UEFA are happy to let them work away. Barca aren't to bad but Real Madrid are a horrible club, they do all their negotiations in the media!
    IOV
    IOV

Post  IOV Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:52 pm

Nicklas Bendtner has threatened to quit Arsenal unless he gets more first-team football.
    Full story: Daily Mirror

Arsenal fans say "Waheeeeeey!"? Very Happy
    IOV
    IOV

Post  IOV Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:13 pm

Manchester City signed Dzeko for £27 mill. He reckons City are the only club he wanted to sign for which may be code for none of the other teams interested put in a bid because £27 mill is a bit crazy. I haven't actually seen him play outside of youtube videos which are designed to make him look good but I hear he is a very good player.
    Outlaw2x4
    Outlaw2x4

Number of posts : 664
    Registration date : 2008-09-18

Post  Outlaw2x4 Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:56 pm

IOV wrote:Manchester City signed Dzeko for £27 mill. He reckons City are the only club he wanted to sign for which may be code for none of the other teams interested put in a bid because £27 mill is a bit crazy. I haven't actually seen him play outside of youtube videos which are designed to make him look good but I hear he is a very good player.

He's great in Football manager. Therefore he must be good in real life. Cool

Glad to see City have spent even more money on strikers. Laughing
    MK
    MK

Post  MK Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:19 am

Well, this is shaping up to be quite a deadline day.

I think torres will move and carrol will come in to replace him. Also wouldn't be surprised to see Charlie Adam leave, seeing as how they just signed Andy Reid.

Also, so happy to see Michael Bradley possibly getting a permanent move to villa. I may be biased, but he is very talented and should shine in England.
    MK
    MK

Post  MK Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:09 am

So it looks like Liverpool will be spending near 71 million today. Crazy.

Also, word is that Spurs have offered Villareal 30 million for Guiseppi Rossi.
    showstealer
    showstealer

Post  showstealer Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:37 am

£35m for Carroll. Neutral
    Outlaw2x4
    Outlaw2x4

Number of posts : 664
    Registration date : 2008-09-18

Post  Outlaw2x4 Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:16 pm

I have never seen a January deadline day this busy. Have Liverpool gone insane!?
    Big Dave
    Big Dave

Post  Big Dave Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:42 pm

ShowStealer wrote:£35m for Carroll. Neutral

It makes no sense, he's had half a good season.
    MK
    MK

Post  MK Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:14 pm

Glad to see Adam staying.
    brother of destruction
    brother of destruction

Post  brother of destruction Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:15 am

Glad that Liverpool didn't get Adam.

As for Carroll...£35m isn't bad business in itself. I personally think that it's about double what I would think is a fair price (same for Torres too btw). The problem is selling your main goal threat at the last minute on deadline day. Had we done it on 1st Jan, leaving us time to replace him (or even taken the spurs offer of £20m + Keane & Crouch), it would have been fine. As it is, we flog Carroll & attempt to replace him with a pathetic, desperate bid for that tempremental french poof Charles Insomnia who I remember leaving here under a hell of a storm to "go & play for a bigger club".

Throughout all this, I can't help but think of a talk in I was at with Shay Given recently. He'd taken the decision that he had to leave & was told at the start of January "we're going to sell you to City, but we're not doing it until the end of the window so we're not under pressure to spend any of the money".

I'd expect nothing less from this clueless bunch of cunts that have our club.

As for the summer? We're not going to see too much of this £35m invested in the squad. What also concerns me is the goalkeeping situation. We have an ageing Steve Harper, Frazer Forster on loan at Celtic, Tim Krul is ready & Ole Soderberg isn't far off the mark. Forster's been on fire at Celtic & is going to want to be playing in the summer. The sensible thing to do would be to move Harper on, let Krul & Forster battle it out, with Soderberg being backup when needed. What odds on Forster & Krul being sold?

Incidentally

nufc.com - unofficial site wrote:PS: Let's start the new month with a new attitude, draw another one of those lines in the sand and turn over our official NUFC calendar to February 2011 - well fancy that, it's a picture of Andy Carroll. You couldn't make it up...
    Big Dave
    Big Dave

Post  Big Dave Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:27 am

The biggest transfer on the continent was £12million I think, British clubs are a joke.
    showstealer
    showstealer

Post  showstealer Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:47 am

£35m is outrageous for a player like Carroll. Personally I would've bitten Spurs hand off if they offer £20m and those two proven strikers, in fact I would've accepted a £20m offer and accepted an exchange deal with those two players, both of which I believe are closer to his value.

Pardew was hopeless at buying strikers at Charlton. He spent millions on dross like Andy Gray and Izale McCloud and brought in loads on loan players, most of whom I've forgotten about.

We've signed some shitty left full back from Leeds, who Leeds fans hate and the current top goal scorer of League 1, who marked his debut with a goal last night, Bradley Wright-Phillips. We also have Eccleston on loan from Liverpool who also scored on his debut and looks like a decent player. Our side is very unbalanced with a poor defence.

Crazy window, I thought crazy transfer these days were only done by Man City.
    showstealer
    showstealer

Post  showstealer Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:50 am

I scored 24 goals helping my side win promotion back to the Premier League aged just 22.

Then in my first season in the top flight I had bagged an impressive 15 goals by the end of January. Including a goal against the reigning champions, away at Arsenal and in a home win over Liverpool. My form earned me an England call-up and my debut in an international friendly.

Am a I £35m striker?...........................

.................................No I am Michael Ricketts.
    Big Dave
    Big Dave

Post  Big Dave Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:24 am

Laughing

We shipped out 7 players and loaned in a goalie. But we really needed at least 2 good strikers.
    IOV
    IOV

Post  IOV Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:10 pm

Big Dave wrote:The biggest transfer on the continent was £12million I think, British clubs are a joke.

It was the last real chance for English clubs to splash out though David, I'm not saying it justifies it but they are going to struggle once UEFA brings in their rule about spending beyond your means. I found the Milan chairman a bit rich complaining when his team have brought in Robinho, have Ibrahimovich on loan with a deal for a permanent move in the summer and are constatntly linked to Balloteli. Can he really expect us to believe his team can sign all three inside 12 months and do it within UEFA's new guidlines?
    brother of destruction
    brother of destruction

Post  brother of destruction Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:27 pm

ShowStealer wrote:£35m is outrageous for a player like Carroll. Personally I would've bitten Spurs hand off if they offer £20m and those two proven strikers, in fact I would've accepted a £20m offer and accepted an exchange deal with those two players, both of which I believe are closer to his value.

Pardew was hopeless at buying strikers at Charlton. He spent millions on dross like Andy Gray and Izale McCloud and brought in loads on loan players, most of whom I've forgotten about.

We've signed some shitty left full back from Leeds, who Leeds fans hate and the current top goal scorer of League 1, who marked his debut with a goal last night, Bradley Wright-Phillips. We also have Eccleston on loan from Liverpool who also scored on his debut and looks like a decent player. Our side is very unbalanced with a poor defence.

Crazy window, I thought crazy transfer these days were only done by Man City.

At the time I thought the deal for Keane & Crouch was bad business. Crouch isn't as good as Carroll (I mean that in terms of different styles of play, Crouch isn't as strong) & Keane is getting past his best. Both probably would have put the wage bill up considerably. That being said though, if they were determined to sell him, it would have been much better for us in terms of squad strength. & that was before Shola broke his cheekbone last night.

On another note, FIFA's new rules are a farce. Total sham. Clubs will still be able to recieve "gifts" from billionaires, just not "loans". So Abramovich or whoever can still donate £100m to buy the latest player, then take a cut of the profits later & get their money back. It's not going to change a thing IMO. Nice idea, but totally unworkable. Even if they close that loophole, a few advertising deals will still allow the money to flow in.
    IOV
    IOV

Post  IOV Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:58 am

I didnt know that about the "gifts", surely thats opening the whole world up to the bull shit that goes on in South Amaerica where clubs pay companies to use players. Like the Tevez and Mascherano craziness when they first came to England.
    showstealer
    showstealer

Post  showstealer Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:50 pm

Apparently the Shieks favourite bank may sponsor Eastlands for £100+m! Surprised What a coincidence!

Which strikers have united (that's Newcastle you plastic manc bastards!) got that are better than either Crouch or Keane?
    IOV
    IOV

Post  IOV Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:00 am

Henderson £20 mill- Liverpool
    Jones £17 mill- Manchester United
    De Gea £18.5 mill- Manchester United (hopefully)
    Young £16 mill- Manchester United (looking likely)
    Jenkinson £? - Arsenal

Looks like Tevez is off as well publicly slating Manchester and England on Argentine television.

Busy enough start to summer, when does the transfer window officialy open July 1st?
    showstealer
    showstealer

Post  showstealer Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:25 am

They gave us £2m for Jenkinson! Laughing

Great player, which is why we loaned him out to the mighty Eastbourne and only offered him a one year deal. Looked decent in the 8 or so games he played for us in League one. with stupid

I think he'll be the last piece in the puzzle and they'll get the league this season, or perhaps we'll never see him in a football shirt again. owned

We've signed Danny Hollands who should be a decent replacement for Jose Semedo, not that any of you lot would know who either player is! Embarassed

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:36 am