SmashLives!

SmashLife 2: the sequel project - SmashLives.....It's ALIVE!

Official Championship + below thread

showstealer

Number of posts : 1977
    Registration date : 2008-09-17

Re: Official Championship + below thread

Post  showstealer on Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:02 am

He has stated that he wants to join a premiership club, but I can't see any premiership clubs wanting him. Eventually he's going to get bored and miss the game and settle for a championship club (hopefully!) and if he's going to join a Championship club it's going to be a club in London, so you never know.

Personally I would go over the top and treat this as the return of the messiah and try and get to the ground ASAP. Similar to some club in the north east. Wink

But I do have faith in Parkinson, who has a decent CV and will give him time.
    Rooq

Number of posts : 585

Post  Rooq on Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:35 am

ShowStealer wrote:He has stated that he wants to join a premiership club, but I can't see any premiership clubs wanting him. Eventually he's going to get bored and miss the game and settle for a championship club (hopefully!) and if he's going to join a Championship club it's going to be a club in London, so you never know.

Personally I would go over the top and treat this as the return of the messiah and try and get to the ground ASAP. Similar to some club in the north east. Wink

But I do have faith in Parkinson, who has a decent CV and will give him time.

Parkinson is really good, he did an amazing job at Colchester, and we tried to sign him before we settled for Magilton after Big Fat Joe left us.
    Rooq

Post  Rooq on Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:47 am

God Ipswich are dire, that was just an embarrassing performance.

RIJ

Number of posts : 22
    Registration date : 2008-12-08

Post  RIJ on Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:35 am

Curbishley = the John Major of Football management. He fits Charlton like a glove.
    showstealer

Post  showstealer on Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:29 pm

It's great to see you've joined up and found this thread RIJ, but I'm not too sure how to take that last post.
    Mezzy

Number of posts : 45
    Registration date : 2008-11-20

Post  Mezzy on Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:14 pm

Watched Dazza Anderton belt in a last minute winner on his final match last weekend... Cool
    Rooq

Post  Rooq on Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:15 am

Mezzy wrote:Watched Dazza Anderton belt in a last minute winner on his final match last weekend... Cool

Surprised his leg didnt break when he hit the ball.
    showstealer

Post  showstealer on Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:27 am

Mezzy wrote:Watched Dazza Anderton belt in a last minute winner on his final match last weekend... Cool
    I thought you were a man yoo fan?
    Mezzy

Number of posts : 45
    Registration date : 2008-11-20

Post  Mezzy on Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:06 am

ShowStealer wrote:
    I thought you were a man yoo fan?

Yeah but I live in Bournemouth and it's only 10 minutes away, the occasion really sucked me in you know? Rolling Eyes
    showstealer

Post  showstealer on Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:37 am

No Charlton game this weekend (thank god!) but their were late winners for Millwall and Palace. Mad Mad
    showstealer

Post  showstealer on Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:05 pm

GAY.
    Rooq

Post  Rooq on Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:14 am

ShowStealer wrote:GAY.

hmmm..

Charlton should be ok soon I reckon, couple of wins and you be alright, but will be a season of nothingness like us, bit boring really!

Hear Matt Holland may be coming to Ipswich in January!!!

Is there any other ex ipswich town players there as it seems we will sign anyone who used to play for us at the mo! Woop deee dooo... bring on the Alan Brazil.
    showstealer

Post  showstealer on Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:40 am

I met the PLC Chairman and (for the second time) the chief executive last night. The clubs finance are in a very healthy position but they don't want to take any risks as administration is a potential problem for a club in our situation, So that's reassuring. Monday night's game was a great performance with a lot of passion and hunger that was lacking these last few months, but I can't but help draw parallels with the game against Fulham where we were 2-1 and gave away a last second equaliser. Maybe the championship is different but these sort of things, snatching draw from the jaws of victory, seem to happen to teams that get relegated. Neutral

Not sure about Matt Holland joining Ipswich. I doubt there will be much of a fee, if any, and his wages aren't a problem. Feel free to take him though, as after February Jonjo should be more prominent! Twisted Evil

Another thing about the game, Derby had Charlton's Luke Varney playing for them and we had Deon Burton playing for us, it was like a Russo gimmick match! Very Happy
    Rooq

Post  Rooq on Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:23 am

I dont really want Holland back at Ipswich, he was great for us, but not really what we need now anymore! we have Campo who we dont bloody play and earns about 10k a week, why sign another midfielder.

Is all going on at Ipswich though with unrest in the dressing room been reported now and things not going well at all.

BELEAGUERED Blues boss Jim Magilton is today trying to repair damage to his dressing room spirit after a secret meeting threatens to split his camp.

The under-fire manager was left with a number of disgruntled players after the contents of the meeting called with eight of his senior players leaked out, causing upset on the eve of Ipswich Town's trip to Norwich City, which ended in defeat.

The meeting was apparently used by Magilton to gee up a favoured few. However, it is believed more than a couple of those invited were not happy at what was going on and word soon got back to the remainder of the squad.

Magilton was asked to explain what was going on by a couple of those who were not present, but were told they were free to leave the club in the January window.

The favoured few are understood to have been Gareth McAuley, David Norris, Richard Wright, David Wright, Veliche Shumulikoski, Owen Garvan, Jon Walters and Shane Supple.

One of the players not invited to the meeting, who asked not to be identified for fear of a backlash from the club, said:

It was supposed to go ahead without the others knowing. They were told not to say anything about it, but some of the players who went along weren't comfortable with it and spoke about it afterwards.

The gaffer apparently told the group they were the players he envisaged being the backbone of his team and having a long-term future with him.

Although the squad has tried to present a united front in public, the dressing room is understood to be split on Magilton's managerial style with individual rifts between certain players not helping team spirit.

Town go to Coventry City on Saturday on the back of three straight away losses and a 2-1 home defeat by Cardiff City.

Although Magilton has been constantly reassured by chief executive Derek Bowden and owner Marcus Evans that his job is safe until at least the end of the season, and he is under no time constraints to win promotion to the Premier League, there is widespread discontent among Ipswich supporters.

Many can not understand why popular defender Alex Bruce, currently serving a four-match ban, has not been offered a contract despite being free to talk to clubs, along with 13 other players including midfielder Tommy Miller and club captain Richard Naylor.

Their long-term futures look in doubt, as do plans to keep on-loan players Moritz Volz who is still technically a Fulham player but is out of contract next summer, and Darren Ambrose who could return to Charlton in January.

It is believed trio of strikers Pablo Counago, Kevin Lisbie and Jon Stead were also omitted from the get-together and questions will be asked if Magilton intends to move one or more of them on next year.

When you lose the squad, there isnt much hope, if we lose again the weekend, surely he cant stay, the club is a mess at the moment and even Magiltons fans are now starting to say he should walk, lost the fans and the dressing room.... not good.
    Big Dave

Number of posts : 1194
    Registration date : 2008-09-23

Post  Big Dave on Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:47 am

So Leeds are looking for a new manager, Poyet and Boothroyd are the press offers.
    Big Dave

Post  Big Dave on Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:26 pm

Blackpool told Bates to jog on.
    Big Dave

Post  Big Dave on Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:07 am

Then let us have their manager.
    showstealer

Post  showstealer on Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:56 am

Big Dave wrote:Then let us have their manager.
    Oh no they haven't! (festive, ain't I) They are taking Leeds and Grayson to court! Very Happy
    Big Dave

Post  Big Dave on Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:35 am

ShowStealer wrote:
    Oh no they haven't! (festive, ain't I) They are taking Leeds and Grayson to court! Very Happy

He quit!
    showstealer

Post  showstealer on Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:30 am

Big Dave wrote:
    ShowStealer wrote:

He quit!
    He resigned with out permission and is getting sued as well! Very Happy

Post  Guest on Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:56 am

Since when do you need permission to resign? It's one of the fundamental principles of employment and contract law. scratch
    showstealer

Post  showstealer on Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:24 am

If I was to tell my boss that I want to quit, come to think of it that's a great idea! Anyway..... I wouldn't be able to start a new job the next day as I would have to serve a notice period, surely you knew that?

Football League Regulation 20.1 states that no club shall take any steps to induce or attempt to induce another club's employee to terminate his contract of employment with that other club.

Football League Regulation 20.2 states that no club will make contact or enter into negotiations relating to the the employment of another club's employee.
    IOV

Number of posts : 998
    Registration date : 2008-09-16

Post  IOV on Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:54 am

Leeds clearly unsettled the guy and that led to him resigning.

I always wondered why players didnt just resign and join a different club saying as it seems to be the trend for managers
    showstealer

Post  showstealer on Wed Dec 24, 2008 7:11 am

That didn't work out to well for Dowie! He still had 2 years left on his contract so there should be some compensation coming Blackpool's way, along with relegation.

Post  Guest on Wed Dec 24, 2008 7:56 am

ShowStealer wrote:If I was to tell my boss that I want to quit, come to think of it that's a great idea! Anyway..... I wouldn't be able to start a new job the next day as I would have to serve a notice period, surely you knew that?

Football League Regulation 20.1 states that no club shall take any steps to induce or attempt to induce another club's employee to terminate his contract of employment with that other club.

Football League Regulation 20.2 states that no club will make contact or enter into negotiations relating to the the employment of another club's employee.

Oh I see. The way you said it before made it sound like he'd been forbidden from resigning at all.

RIJ

Number of posts : 22
    Registration date : 2008-12-08

Post  RIJ on Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:21 pm

Grayson showed the kiss me quickers the same amount of respect they showed him; by not telling him about our approach, he was driven to take resignation as a course of action, one he found out. Hardly fair on a manager who has clearly taken such a tinpot club well beyond their means? He wants to move on and progress his career at a bigger club, contracts mean nothing nowadays, so good luck to the guy.

Welcome to Leeds, it'll be a fun ride, as always.
    showstealer

Post  showstealer on Wed Dec 24, 2008 7:16 pm

Tin pot is bang on, they've only got 2 stands! Still, it's the best away day ever!
    Big Dave

Post  Big Dave on Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:56 am

IOV wrote:Leeds clearly unsettled the guy and that led to him resigning.

I always wondered why players didnt just resign and join a different club saying as it seems to be the trend for managers

If people can not quit their jobs then surely thats some sort of highly paid slave contract?
    showstealer

Post  showstealer on Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:47 am

Who are you? Cristiano Ronaldo? Rolling Eyes

In other news I'm travelling first class to Sheff Wed away! Cool
    showstealer

Post  showstealer on Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:15 am

17 games without a win, yet 24.5k turn up at the valley for the forest game to see yet another defeat.

God damn it, our support is good. Cool

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:17 pm