SmashLives!

SmashLife 2: the sequel project - SmashLives.....It's ALIVE!

Official Championship + below thread

showstealer

Number of posts : 1977
    Registration date : 2008-09-17

Re: Official Championship + below thread

Post  showstealer on Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:07 pm

I know three of the Charlton fans interviewed on sky sports news. Cool

AS for the Arabs, lets wait and say, should be some journey!
    Big Dave

Number of posts : 1194
    Registration date : 2008-09-23

Post  Big Dave on Sat Oct 11, 2008 3:02 pm

Good win for us today.
    Big Dave

Post  Big Dave on Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:04 am

Sepp Blatter bigs up the greatness that is Leeds United:

http://www.leedsunited.com/page/LatestNewsDetail/0,,10273~1421228,00.html
    showstealer

Post  showstealer on Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:52 am

Sepp Blatter wrote: United's emphasis on developing a youth policy as a "prime example" of how financially-stricken clubs can bounce back to the big time.

You're still in League one!!! Laughing clown lol!
    Big Dave

Post  Big Dave on Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:07 am

One for Rooq Very Happy

FA probe into Norwich-Derby match

The Football Association is looking into match-fixing allegations relating to the Championship match between Norwich City and Derby on 4 October.

Betting patterns during the 2-1 victory for Derby County will also be the subject of a parliamentary question in the House of Commons on Thursday.

From bbc.co.uk/sport
    showstealer

Post  showstealer on Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:48 am

ShowStealer wrote:
    Sepp Blatter wrote: United's emphasis on developing a youth policy as a "prime example" of how financially-stricken clubs can bounce back to the big time.

You're still in League one!!! Laughing clown lol!
    And you lost to the mighty...m*w*ll yesterday!! Laughing
    fernzy

Number of posts : 71
    Registration date : 2008-09-19

Post  fernzy on Sun Oct 19, 2008 6:13 pm

2-0 win for us this weekend against Salisbury.We could and should have won by more but Morison was uncharacteristically wasteful in front of goal.Still not sure we have what it takes to get in the play-offs this year, 16 games in and the manager's still not settled on his best team yet.
    showstealer

Post  showstealer on Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:55 am

Once again we were poor on the road and panicked after going a goal down. 2 sendings off isn't good either. Pards is going to get us anywhere, but who will want to take over?
    showstealer

Post  showstealer on Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:10 pm

What a fucking crock of old shit, even worst than aDULhood, as soon as we go a goal down we panic and are never back in the game.

If things carry on as they are, we're be in league one and bloddy Isle of dogs blues will be in the championship. Mad

Pardew has to go. Evil or Very Mad
    Rooq

Number of posts : 585

Post  Rooq on Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:08 am

Know the Feeling SS,

Another shocking performance from Ipswich and Magilton even had the cheek to go "we where terrific tonight!!!" What against the bottom club of the league, and we only scored because of a Penalty!!! with the money we have now we should be doing better than 18th and Magilton keeps picking his mates in the team in Wright, Miller, Naylor and its making the team bad, and also McCauley who has to be one of the worst defenders in the division yet he keeps picking him, and he goes and drops our best player in David Norris, what is he doing!!!

If we are going to do anything in this division we need to be beating the bottom teams, instead we keep getting lucky draws against them, im dreading facing teams top of the divioson! even Norwich tore apart Wolves last night with 10 men while we struggled to score a goal against Forest....

Magilton has been good for Ipswich, but its clear he is out of his depth as a manager now and he makes his squad rotation compared to Rafa Benitez look like childs play,

Think its time he moved on sadly, great player for us, but when he was given money to buy players, he just brought crap.
    showstealer

Post  showstealer on Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:51 am

We're on are last parachute payment and we're 20th! Mad

Hopefully the Dubai Investment will come through.
    showstealer

Post  showstealer on Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:16 am

ShowStealer wrote:Hopefully the Dubai Investment will come through.
    And it's been called off, fantastic.

Time to prepare for another relegation battle. Rolling Eyes
    Rooq

Post  Rooq on Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:24 am

ShowStealer wrote:
    ShowStealer wrote:Hopefully the Dubai Investment will come through.
    And it's been called off, fantastic.

Time to prepare for another relegation battle. Rolling Eyes

We play you at Portman Road in a few weeks!

Be a HUGE game, I think who ever loses that, Pardew or Magilton will lose there Job! both have good squads and both Managers doing a terrible job!
    showstealer

Post  showstealer on Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:17 am

We're playing on Tuesday! I've been to Portman Road 3 times, each time we've lost! I'm giving it a miss this season as it's during the week. If we win I'll never go to the ground again! Razz
    Rooq

Post  Rooq on Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:33 am

ShowStealer wrote:We're playing on Tuesday! I've been to Portman Road 3 times, each time we've lost! I'm giving it a miss this season as it's during the week. If we win I'll never go to the ground again! Razz

Is it! blimey that comes around quick, we only played you the begining of the month (and lost)

Hmmm it will probably be a dull draw so both managers will go on to stay in there jobs, but if Maglilton continues to pick Naylor & McCauley in defence, anyone should be able to beat Ipswich, espcially since we only play 1 up front now it seems with the AWESOME John Stead or Kevin Lisbie!!! Woop de Doo!
    showstealer

Post  showstealer on Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:25 am

I rate Lisbie at this level, he showed countless times with us that he wasn't cut out for the premiership, then scored a wonder overhead kick against us last season! Laughing

The win against you was another one of those times when we thought we had turned the corner and were on the up. It's been 38 games since we've got back to back wins.

Pardew is meeting a supports club on November 4th, I may have to attend it! Twisted Evil
    Rooq

Post  Rooq on Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:56 am

ShowStealer wrote:I rate Lisbie at this level, he showed countless times with us that he wasn't cut out for the premiership, then scored a wonder overhead kick against us last season! Laughing

The win against you was another one of those times when we thought we had turned the corner and were on the up. It's been 38 games since we've got back to back wins.

Pardew is meeting a supports club on November 4th, I may have to attend it! Twisted Evil

He started off ok but of recent Lisbie hasnt been as effective at all when coming off the bench, he seemed to play better with Alan Lee, but when Magilton sold him and replaced him with Stead and he started his roation policy bollocks, things started going down hill, maybe being on the bench all the time has effected his confidence as Jim doesnt waste anytime in having a go at a player if something goes wrong in a game, but never has a go at himself for picking the wrong team!

See QPR have sacked Dowie and QPR where in a way better postion than both Town and Charlton, Makes you think how luck Pardew and Magilton are... I hope Magilton goes before the Transfer window opens as he wants to sign Holland and Ambrose from Charlton!! Sick and tired of him signing his old mates.
    showstealer

Post  showstealer on Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:13 am

Well tonight's the night! I'm going for a score draw but can see Ipswich taking it.

Great piece of refereeing on Saturday, maybe worthy of it's own thread in order to get Sweatsock's attention...

A Burnley player flicked a ball forward over a Charlton player (moo2kill) into the path of a striker. The linesman flags as the forward was offside, but the ref noticed that the ball came off the Charlton's players head so waves play on. The Forward complete skins the mighty Linvoy Primus and slots it home. The ref then consults the linesman asking if the Burnley player was offside from the initial pass or after it hit the Charlton player. The linesman says from the initial pass and the goal is disallowed.

Great use of common sense from the ref to continue the play rather than stopping, which would of given Charlton an unfair advantage if the decision was in Burnley's favour. *insert clapping emoticon.*
    Rooq

Post  Rooq on Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:58 am

ShowStealer wrote:Well tonight's the night! I'm going for a score draw but can see Ipswich taking it.

Great piece of refereeing on Saturday, maybe worthy of it's own thread in order to get Sweatsock's attention...

A Burnley player flicked a ball forward over a Charlton player (moo2kill) into the path of a striker. The linesman flags as the forward was offside, but the ref noticed that the ball came off the Charlton's players head so waves play on. The Forward complete skins the mighty Linvoy Primus and slots it home. The ref then consults the linesman asking if the Burnley player was offside from the initial pass or after it hit the Charlton player. The linesman says from the initial pass and the goal is disallowed.

Great use of common sense from the ref to continue the play rather than stopping, which would of given Charlton an unfair advantage if the decision was in Burnley's favour. *insert clapping emoticon.*

Ill go for a draw!

Be interesting to see If Magilton picks the same team (apart from Norris) will see, Charlton will score, as Richard Wright makes Gomes look world class so far this season!

Be a big game either way!
    showstealer

Post  showstealer on Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:34 pm

And a draw it was.

Charlton only had one shot on target, got completely dominated, were complete shite and had a penalty saved. Youga handballed in the area then kicked an Ipswich player in the head for good measure. No doubt Pardew will still not even consider dropping him. Rolling Eyes

Speaking of which, Charlton fans were fighting amongst themselves over the whole Pardew in or out argument. Rolling Eyes

And Palace lost as well, a good night indeed! Cool
    Rooq

Post  Rooq on Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:40 am

Hmmm good performace but again poor result! Magilton blaming the strikers for missing open chances is getting annoying, he picked the team and brought on the subs, getting tired of him blaming the players all the time, he brought them.

Anyway the Chairman has given him his backing so looks like we are going to be stuck with him for a while and draw after draw every week! joy.

Charlton started playing well near the end, but if we had of been any good, we would of been out of sight before they got there goal.... but alas we werent so Charlton got the draw they deserved after our dodgy finishing.
    showstealer

Post  showstealer on Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:25 am

It's good that we showed some fight at the end but we can never recover anymore if we go 2 goals done. It seems that we got very lucky last night...

The Ipswich goal curled more than a Roberto Carlos free kick!
    Rooq

Post  Rooq on Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:18 am

Yeah was a nice goal!

Ipswich did run the game for quite a while, My dads mate went and said they should have scored 4 or 5, but as ever Ipswich cannot play for 90 mins and she said they knew in the last 10 - 15 mins Ipswich would regret it and in the end they did when for the last part of the match Charlton ran the show and easily beat our defence and scored a goal, in the end Charlton could of picked up the win!! in the end 1 - 1 doesnt do anything for either team and the managers both get to go on for another game!
    showstealer

Post  showstealer on Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:23 am

Did you hear the 'we want Pardew out chants?'
    Rooq

Post  Rooq on Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:30 am

ShowStealer wrote:Did you hear the 'we want Pardew out chants?'

I wasnt there myself, but I can ask my mate and see if there was, was pretty full though last night apparantly so guess something would of been heard
    Rooq

Post  Rooq on Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:06 am

Mate hasnt said anything about Pardew out chants, but there was Pardew Wanker chants from the Ipswich fans! (he isnt well liked after the way he celbrated when at West Ham when they beat us in the Play Offs).
    showstealer

Post  showstealer on Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:21 am

There's only two things I like about Pardew
    1. Signing Nicky Bailey
    2. Celebrating scoring against Arsenal whilst manager of West Ham

Very Happy

I can imagine how he celebrated, he is a bit smug...
    Rooq

Post  Rooq on Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:49 am

Yeah his celebration against Arsenal was kinda funny! he will do it one day though and a Manager will turn around and punch him one, pretty sure Magilton would of done last night the way he was going! he is a very angry lil man....

Oh well, see how things go from now, can see Pardew leaving Charlton within a few weeks and being replaced by Billy Davies or Steve Cottrell maybe, maybe Curbs would go back! hmmm he be handy at Ipswich actully!
    showstealer

Post  showstealer on Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:06 am

I would be happy with either of those 3, maybe not Cottrell so much, I don't think he has done much since he left Cheltenham.

Davies was offered the job before Dowie but turned it down because he didn't want to succeed Curbishley. Mad How different thing could of turned out...
    Rooq

Post  Rooq on Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:48 am

Apparantly Ipswich will swap Darren Ambrose for Ivan Campo!

Great another ex ipswich player coming to Ipswich!!

Well done Jim, continue living in the past!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:03 pm