SmashLives!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SmashLives!

SmashLife 2: the sequel project - SmashLives.....It's ALIVE!

+15
IOV
Big Dave
Garibaldi
KabukiJoe
Shaun2J
Sweatsock
The Ayatollah
MarkFromGoldenplec
Rooq
Clarkey
ThatChumpStain
Outlaw2x4
brother of destruction
PeteRoe
fernzy
19 posters

FA Cup Thread

IOV
    IOV

Number of posts : 998
    Registration date : 2008-09-16

FA Cup Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: FA Cup Thread

Post  IOV Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:29 pm

Outlaw2x4 wrote:Phil Brown has accused Cesc Fabregas of spitting at his assistant manager. I'm not sure what to make of that cause Brown was extremely angry when he said it. Wenger just said he knew nothing about it, but he avoided that question on the handshake, saying he didn't see anyone to shake hands with!

On the performance, we had bad luck tonight. The analysts are saying Arsenal were lucky, but I think were were unlucky. We were the much better team over 90 minutes and would have been 3 or 4 goals up only for some bad luck. I can't understand how anyone could say we were lucky to go through.

He really should get himself down to Specsavers one of these days

Post  Guest Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:29 pm

Actually IOV if you watch the replay you'll see that Phil Brown stormed onto the pitch either to have a word with his players or have a go at the ref, and why should Wenger wait for him?
    IOV
    IOV

Post  IOV Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:35 pm

I was just making light of Wenger and his notoriously bad eye sight, I didnt even watch the game

Seems at times the poor man has detached retinas with some of things he cant see
    Clarkey
    Clarkey

Number of posts : 74
    Registration date : 2008-09-15

Post  Clarkey Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:36 pm

One other thing that kept springing to my mind when the Scouse, Spud and Taff were wondering if/why/how Wenger and Phil Brown have built up this obvious tiff, is how all three of them could forget Wenger and Arsenal's relationship with Bolton and Fat Sam. Brown's obviously picked up all the vile traits of Sam, and it's tainted what seems to be a decent guy when the camera's flung on him and football is the debating point. Not that I am implying Wenger is any Saint (comedy genius from his interview), but Brown seems like Sam to love digging up the controversy and the whole 'everyone hates us, if not they should do' mentality.

Post  Guest Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:39 pm

Tim Sherwood seems to still be very bitter about that very loud song we used to sing about him. Never heard such biased commentary.

Ooooh Tim Sherwood, Ooooh Tim Sherwood
    He came from Boreham Wood
    And he's no fucking good
    Clarkey
    Clarkey

Post  Clarkey Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:15 pm

Comment from Club captain Cesc Fabregas

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/comment-from-club-captain-cesc-fabregas

In light of Phil Brown’s post-match comments Cesc Fabregas would like to say the following:

“I categorically deny that I spat at anybody after the match. I have never done this in my whole career on the pitch, so why would I do it when I am not even playing?

“I can understand the frustration of losing a game to a dubious goal, that has happened to me many times in my career as well. But this is not the fault of me or any of the Arsenal players.”

Isn't it funny how one minute Cesc came onto (sorry encroached as Phil put it) the pitch to spit at Brown's assistant, then as soon as television footage showed that was rubbish he conveniently remembered it was in the tunnel.
    IOV
    IOV

Post  IOV Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:25 pm

Why was Fabregas anywhere near the pitch or the tunnel when he wasnt playing or even fit?
    Clarkey
    Clarkey

Post  Clarkey Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:33 pm

He came on the pitch afterwards to congratulate his team mates as (like Phil Brown emphasised) he is club captain. Or at least I assume that was the reason. I know Wenger likes to insist everyone is there fit or not anyways, like most managers do. Fact is, Setanta showed a short clip after Brown's allegation of Fabregas heading the pitch miles away from Brown's assistant, and now after this has been shown it is suddenly said it happened in the tunnel. It all just smells of the need to sell some papers tomorrow.

Post  Guest Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:42 pm

Cesc did spit at Ballack though... so he's partly wrong. Nevertheless seems to me that somebody's bullshitting somewhere.

And if it happened in the tunnel then it's one word against another. No cameras. Sounds a bit like he's Mourinho'd up this story!
    Clarkey
    Clarkey

Post  Clarkey Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:52 pm

Oh of course I don't condone it then, nor will I condone it if he has done this. But to change your story so vastly?

Brown also said that Wenger did not shake his hand after Hull's win at Ashburton Grove, well I had on a scour round some other forums for their opinions I found these:

FA Cup Thread - Page 3 Arsene-Wenger-and-Phil-Brown_1237515

FA Cup Thread - Page 3 1271717846-soccer-barclays-premier-league-arsenal-v-hull-city-emirates-stadium

Admittedly, the first could be pre-match, the second might not even be a handshake. But hell, Phil, I think you may have been rumbled buddy.
    IOV
    IOV

Post  IOV Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:56 pm

Clarkey wrote:He came on the pitch afterwards to congratulate his team mates as (like Phil Brown emphasised) he is club captain. Or at least I assume that was the reason. I know Wenger likes to insist everyone is there fit or not anyways, like most managers do. Fact is, Setanta showed a short clip after Brown's allegation of Fabregas heading the pitch miles away from Brown's assistant, and now after this has been shown it is suddenly said it happened in the tunnel. It all just smells of the need to sell some papers tomorrow.

I know most managers like to have all the players at the home games wether they play or not but they normally stay in the stands. It seems strange for Fabregas to come onto the pitch to celebrate and probably wont be something that will happen again even if this is false
    Clarkey
    Clarkey

Post  Clarkey Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:00 pm

I think you're right on that front if Wenger has any sense about him, but pondering about it I recall Henry in particular floating around in a similar capacity in his last season, with Adebayor in one game celebrating a goal by running to hug an 'injured' Henry beside the pitch. My memory is very hazy mind. Probably some Wenger notion, like some of his other strange ones.

Last edited by Clarkey on Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post  Guest Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:01 pm

Gotta give him credit though. I didn't think it was possible for a man wearing obviously fake tan to look more of a prat but he's managed it.
    showstealer
    showstealer

Number of posts : 1991
    Registration date : 2008-09-17

Post  showstealer Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:44 am

Here's the Ballack spit video, so much for never doing it in your career.

Shot by the gooners? Rolling Eyes

Post  Guest Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:30 am

Meh it's a pisstake. And we'd already mentioned the Ballack spitting incident... in fact it was me of all people.

Just seen Brown's post match on video for the first time;

Cesc has gone from spitting in the guys face on the pitch to spitting at the guys feet in the tunnel... which is it Phil?

Arsene never shakes your hand? Well we know that's wrong

You lost the game unfairly? You PLAYED the game with no interest in fairness, stop bitching.

Post  Guest Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:03 am

Oh dear God, found more of the interview. Phil Brown actually complained that our fans were booing his players...

The man is utterly pathetic.
    Rooq
    Rooq

Number of posts : 588

Post  Rooq Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:03 am

Phil Brown is a Jose Mourhino Wannabe.

Post  Guest Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:16 am

Oh news just in! Some tv footage has been recovered from inside the tunnel at the Emirates. By the looks of it Cesc, in his leather jacket, was just minding his own business and it was Phil Brown who started it by slapping him.

CCTV Footage
    showstealer
    showstealer

Post  showstealer Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:57 am

Why do Arsenal fans feel the need to make mountains out of mole hills?

Post  Guest Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:09 am

They started it! devil grin
    Clarkey
    Clarkey

Post  Clarkey Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:00 am

I find it hilarious how one minute Ashburton Grove is barren of emotion and atmosphere with our fans sitting on their hands (quite true most of the time) and the next Phil Brown is suggesting our vicious supporters (not even full yesterday) are the reason for their players getting booked and what not.

Post  Guest Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:17 am

It was our booing and Arsene's complaining that got their keeper booked for time wasting apparently. Nothing to do with the fact that their goalkeeper actually was time wasting....

There's also a fantastic replay of Phil Brown looking very smug and smiley when his team were taking three minutes to take a throw in, then Wenger shooting him a cheeky smile when Gallas scored. Laughing

Post  Guest Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:39 am

Phil Brown Interview on BBC 5Live

Makes for very interesting listening, particularly.

PB: "The referee didn't see it"
    Interviewer: "So who did see it?"
    PB: [very long pause] "Good question."

And...

Interviewer: "You said last night it shows what sort of club Arsenal are. What sort of club do you think they are?"
    PB: "I didn't say that did I?"
    Interviewer: "Yes you did..."
    PB: "Oh..."
    IOV
    IOV

Post  IOV Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:56 am

I thought the reason you couldnt play the Xpert 11 game was you would be too busy JK?

Because it sems you have been online ever since last nights game!

Post  Guest Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:46 pm

I've got the week off smartass. It's my end of tax year holiday.
    IOV
    IOV

Post  IOV Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:47 pm

I was just worried for your well being JK what with this horrible economic down turn and all I feared maybe you had become unemployed

Post  Guest Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:52 pm

Then I apologise for being snappy.

City Solicitors are pretty much recession proof thankfully. Not matter how bad the economy is people are always too lazy to do the work themselves and no matter how little money everyone has they're more than happy to pay lawyers to do it for them Smile Our tax year ends on the 1st of April and any holiday I don't use I lose. I had 10 days left so I thought I'd have five off and then be paid for the others.
    IOV
    IOV

Post  IOV Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:05 pm

Thats ok Jonathan, I can be nice sometimes. Just not this time I was being a cunt Very Happy
    showstealer
    showstealer

Post  showstealer Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:27 pm

How can you finish a year with 10 days holiday? I thought 2 days was a bit shamefull, and why didn't you do something useful with the 5 days you took?!

Post  Guest Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:54 am

Because that's what I do at work. Holidays are for laziness Smile

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:56 am