SmashLives!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SmashLives!

SmashLife 2: the sequel project - SmashLives.....It's ALIVE!

+15
IOV
Big Dave
Garibaldi
KabukiJoe
Shaun2J
Sweatsock
The Ayatollah
MarkFromGoldenplec
Rooq
Clarkey
ThatChumpStain
Outlaw2x4
brother of destruction
PeteRoe
fernzy
19 posters

FA Cup Thread

showstealer
    showstealer

Number of posts : 1991
    Registration date : 2008-09-17

FA Cup Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: FA Cup Thread

Post  showstealer Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:44 am

Outlaw2x4 wrote:
    ShowStealer wrote:Arsenal V Cardiff has been cancelled.

Incase anyone is going to that one...

You would think with the amount of money they spent on the stadium they would be able to deal with snow.

The ground is fine and playable, they don't want to endanger fans traveling to the match.
    Fair play, they are Arsenal fans after all. Alot of people have managed to make it to work today and there's been no deaths reported so far.
    Outlaw2x4
    Outlaw2x4

Number of posts : 664
    Registration date : 2008-09-18

Post  Outlaw2x4 Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:53 am

ShowStealer wrote:
    Outlaw2x4 wrote:

You would think with the amount of money they spent on the stadium they would be able to deal with snow.

The ground is fine and playable, they don't want to endanger fans traveling to the match.
    Fair play, they are Arsenal fans after all. Alot of people have managed to make it to work today and there's been no deaths reported so far.

Better safe than sorry.
    IOV
    IOV

Number of posts : 998
    Registration date : 2008-09-16

Post  IOV Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:08 pm

What an ovation Gerrard got as he left the field Laughing

Makes up for the shitty game so far

Post  Guest Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Outlaw2x4 wrote:
    ShowStealer wrote:
    Outlaw2x4 wrote:

Better safe than sorry.

Plus it's not really the clubs call, it's the council's.

Post  Guest Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:57 pm

And with Gerrard off injured and Torres marked out of the game Liverpool predictably fall apart.
    ThatChumpStain
    ThatChumpStain

Number of posts : 219
    Registration date : 2008-09-24

Post  ThatChumpStain Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:23 pm

JK wrote:And with Gerrard off injured and Torres marked out of the game Liverpool predictably fall apart.
    Sounds like Arsenal this year sans Fabregas. Still, dire game. God I wish Lucas had gone and Keane had stayed.

Post  Guest Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:42 pm

ThatChumpStain wrote:
    JK wrote:And with Gerrard off injured and Torres marked out of the game Liverpool predictably fall apart.
    Sounds like Arsenal this year sans Fabregas. Still, dire game. God I wish Lucas had gone and Keane had stayed.

Fabregas and Walcott Wink
    ThatChumpStain
    ThatChumpStain

Number of posts : 219
    Registration date : 2008-09-24

Post  ThatChumpStain Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:20 pm

JK wrote:
    ThatChumpStain wrote:

Fabregas and Walcott Wink
    Meh on Walcott, flashes of what he could do, nothing nearly sustained.

Post  Guest Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:43 pm

Actually he's the only one of our wingers that seems to run at players so he's been very much missed.
    Outlaw2x4
    Outlaw2x4

Post  Outlaw2x4 Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:55 pm

JK wrote:Actually he's the only one of our wingers that seems to run at players so he's been very much missed.

With Hleb gone, he's been our most creative player too.
    Outlaw2x4
    Outlaw2x4

Post  Outlaw2x4 Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:45 am

Eduardo starting! Very Happy

edit:

And scores!

Last edited by Outlaw2x4 on Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:09 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Eduardo scored!)

Post  Guest Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:30 pm

Welcome back Dudu! Very Happy

Oh, and there we have it, proof that Bendtner can face an open goal and manage to hit a post less than half a foot wide.
    Outlaw2x4
    Outlaw2x4

Post  Outlaw2x4 Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:40 pm

Great result. Great goal tally though it should have been at least three more. Eduardo was probably the best player on the pitch.

Post  Guest Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:52 pm

Yeah and Vela looked very good too Smile

Bodes well if they can stay on form. Was just good to see Eduardo in an Arsenal shirt again. Who knows, maybe we'll see Rosicky in time for the Olympics.
    Big Dave
    Big Dave

Number of posts : 1194
    Registration date : 2008-09-23

Post  Big Dave Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:29 pm

JK wrote:Yeah and Vela looked very good too Smile

Bodes well if they can stay on form. Was just good to see Eduardo in an Arsenal shirt again. Who knows, maybe we'll see Rosicky in time for the Olympics.

He's out for 2 weeks.

Post  Guest Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:32 pm

Big Dave wrote:
    JK wrote:Yeah and Vela looked very good too Smile

He's out for 2 weeks.

He's been out for 2 weeks for the better part of 6 months Razz

Edit: Sorry thought you meant Rosicky!

Post  Guest Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:05 am

Wow... good goal Vela... especially with that dirty shit Gudjohnson trying to take your shirt off! Shocked

Also Arshavin is looking to be a bargain at £15m.

Post  Guest Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:43 am

On Eduardo's goal... holy crap! Shocked

On Eboue's goal... holy crap... Eboue scored??!!! Shocked

Van Persie's goal should have stood too. Stupid linesman.

Post  Guest Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:56 pm

Why can't we get into our heads the concept that we can't play counter-attack football against a team with 10 defenders? Evil or Very Mad

Post  Guest Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:21 pm

You're getting shot by the Gunners
    Shot by the Gunners
    Shot by the Guuuuuners
    You're getting shot by the Gunners Razz

And who gives a shit if it was offside. They've been playing the ref all game with their antics. It's called karma.

Post  Guest Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:43 pm

I've got a new respect for Mike Riley after that last bit with Fabianski... letting them waste a bit of time before condemning them to elimination. Muahahahahahaha!

Hull don't deserve a replay simply for their constant time wasting.

Post  Guest Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:08 pm

Ooooh dear. Wenger refused the handshake again.

Admittedly I wouldn't shake that wanker Phil Brown's hand either, especially after the way his team played today... but there are some things you just have to do!
    Outlaw2x4
    Outlaw2x4

Post  Outlaw2x4 Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:18 pm

Phil Brown has accused Cesc Fabregas of spitting at his assistant manager. I'm not sure what to make of that cause Brown was extremely angry when he said it. Wenger just said he knew nothing about it, but he avoided that question on the handshake, saying he didn't see anyone to shake hands with!

On the performance, we had bad luck tonight. The analysts are saying Arsenal were lucky, but I think were were unlucky. We were the much better team over 90 minutes and would have been 3 or 4 goals up only for some bad luck. I can't understand how anyone could say we were lucky to go through.

Post  Guest Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:25 pm

Frankly Hull were lucky not to lose enough players to merit disqualification with their time wasting, especially their keeper who was booked for it and then deliberately wasted more time to take the piss out of Riley.
    Clarkey
    Clarkey

Number of posts : 74
    Registration date : 2008-09-15

Post  Clarkey Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:39 pm

That interview with Arsène was amazing, hell I'm still in giggles now over it. "Did you see the foul on Gallas?"..."I waited, nobody was there". If you're in any way inclined, I implore you watch Brown's interview followed by Wenger's.

The only other main thing I wanted to mention was Diaby's contribution defensively upping a notch today compared to his usual self. Yes his passing and attacking play were far from himself at his best, but he seems to be improving in the areas he clearly lacked and when it all comes together as a whole we could still have that Vieira style replacement to play alongside Cesc yet. Long way to go, but promising signs. Flip reserve that with Song, whom is upping his game in the attacking sense particularly with his through balls...Wenger could actually be on the money here.

Post  Guest Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:50 pm

Hey the Smash Gooners have reunited!!! Very Happy Very Happy

Apparently the replays show that Phil Brown wasn't there to shake Wenger's hand so he didn't bother waiting. Is that true? I heard it on 606 so not the most reliable of sources!
    Outlaw2x4
    Outlaw2x4

Post  Outlaw2x4 Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:01 pm

Wenger turned towrd the tunnel as the the whistle blew. At the tunnel mouth he turned waited for a second and then kept walking. No one was there to shake his hand but at the same time he made no effort either.

Post  Guest Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:02 pm

*Bullshit scanner activated*

An incensed Phil Brown accused Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger of influencing referee Mike Riley in his Hull side’s 2-1 FA Cup defeat at Emirates Stadium on Tuesday evening, and accused Gunners club captain Cesc Fabregas of spitting at his assistant Brian Horton at full time. - Bullshit, Hull got away with murder, particularly in the first half.

The Tigers took the lead through a deflected Nick Barmby shot in the first half, before Robin van Persie and then William Gallas swung the tie Arsenal’s way in the second half to book a semi final encounter with Chelsea at Wembley.

There was more than a hint of offside about Gallas’s strike, and before The Gunners’ goals Wenger had been vocal towards Riley in his displeasure at what he perceived as time-wasting antics from Hull keeper Boaz Myhill.

That resulted in a booking for the Wales international, and Brown expressed his views in a livid post-match interview with Setanta Sports at full time, in which he criticised the referee’s performance and levelled his accusation about Fabregas.

“It’s very hard to take as I’ve got a tremendous group of players who are spirited in their performance and whether Arsenal fans like that or not doesn’t matter to me,” started Brown. “Whether Arsene Wenger likes that or not doesn’t matter to me. Bullshit - You scored a fluke goal and then wasted time and played the ref for the rest of the game. That's not a spirited performance, that's behaving like wankers

“The game was turned on its head when the referee succumbed to local pressure, shall we call it. Arsene Wenger got my goalkeeper booked for time wasting. It’s an absolute disgrace to tell you the truth. -Bullshit - your goalkeeper's time wasting got your goal keeper booked for time wasting.

“We haven’t been beaten by Arsenal, who are fourth-top in The Premier League, we’ve been beaten by a linesman’s decision and a referee’s decision. Simple as that.” Bullshit - other than a 15-20 minute bright spell in the first half you were utterly outplayed. A draw would have been generous and a win for Hull would have been downright unjust

Brown continued: “You’re not going to get the rub of the green when you come to places like this. Bullshit - You got given a lot of leeway with your time wasting and diving antics

“But for their club captain, Cesc Fabregas, to spit at my assistant manager at the end of the game just shows you what this club is all about.” Unproven, probably bullshit, will reserve judgment. If Fab did that then shame on him

Brown added: “It’s Brian Horton’s decision (to take it further).” Brian Horton should have been banned from the technical area for abusing the officials. If I were him I'd keep my mouth shut.

Returning his focus to his team’s performance, Brown said he was pleased with what he had seen on the pitch and was confident he has a squad at his disposal that could stay in The Premier League.

“The fighting spirit we showed tonight,” Bullshit, you sat on your goal line, played the ref and wasted time from 11 minutes onwards said Brown. “If we bring that to the table for nine games (in the league)... We should have possibly been in the semi final of The FA Cup. Bullshit - fluke goal, unsportsmanly play, you were beaten by a better team.

“With that kind of spirit we’ll definitely be a Premier League team next year.”Hopefully Bullshit, I'd love to see the back of this team.

At this point the scanner blew up... believe it may have been clogged by bullshit.

Post  Guest Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:04 pm

Outlaw2x4 wrote:Wenger turned towrd the tunnel as the the whistle blew. At the tunnel mouth he turned waited for a second and then kept walking. No one was there to shake his hand but at the same time he made no effort either.

If Phil Brown wasn't there why is the emphasis on Wenger to go and find him?

Also having seen the 2nd goal again there is no way, short of X-ray / zoom vision that the linesman could have seen whether the ball came off the keeper or Djourou and the rules of the game are that you have to give the benefit of doubt to the attacking team. Fair play to him, there's no way he could have made any other decision.

Post  Guest Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:18 pm

I've just found out that attendance tonight was around the 55,000 marked. Really irritated as Arsenal.com said there were no tickets left and I wanted to go. Grrrr!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:46 pm