SmashLives!

SmashLife 2: the sequel project - SmashLives.....It's ALIVE!

Official Raw thread

KJ

Number of posts : 124
    Registration date : 2008-09-21

Re: Official Raw thread

Post  KJ on Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:43 am

First I've ever seen that I'm afraid.
    IOV

Number of posts : 998
    Registration date : 2008-09-16

Post  IOV on Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:40 pm

I believe you........thousands wouldnt
    KJ

Post  KJ on Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:40 am

Believe me, don't believe me...I really don't care.
    IOV

Post  IOV on Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:18 am

I already said i believed you but your flippant attitude and fake bravado makes me think that maybe i was right

I hope this whole angle ends with Vince v Steph in the Mania main event and Steph saying the immortal words "Im sorry I love you" before hugging her Dad

That would be lovely
    KJ

Post  KJ on Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:58 am

Unfortunately you are incorrect. Out of everyone one here you are the only one who really still wants to have a dig about past posts dating back two/three years, (or indeed allude to them) the honesty of which has been verified to the few decent people on here that have taken time to find out.

I hadn't seen that particular site up until you linked it as my online wrestling news is limited to wrestleview and 411.

The whole thing was a work, Orton is Steph's hired help and Vince brings back the one legend Orton can't kill. Would be some main event.
    IOV

Post  IOV on Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:05 am

I already said I believe you man!
    Rooq

Number of posts : 585
    Registration date : 2008-09-17

Post  Rooq on Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:34 am

I dont follow Wrestling anymore but mate said to me it was the rumble the weekend so checked out the report of it this morning and also the Raw report and it hasnt changed! predictable storyline still, seems like the Mchmahons as ever are the main focus of the WWE as ever, and Cena is champion again as is edge! who the hell is Jack Swagger?

Anyway, Wrestling has defo passed me by and just reading the reports made me laugh more than anything...

Oh well, but anyway, i will never turn into one of those people who says you shouldnt watch wrestling its fake etc etc etc... its a good laugh, but just lost interest in it now.

God im getting old.
    PeteRoe

Number of posts : 253
    Registration date : 2008-09-18

Post  PeteRoe on Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:18 pm

Rooq wrote:I dont follow Wrestling anymore but mate said to me it was the rumble the weekend so checked out the report of it this morning and also the Raw report and it hasnt changed! predictable storyline still, seems like the Mchmahons as ever are the main focus of the WWE as ever, and Cena is champion again as is edge! who the hell is Jack Swagger?

Anyway, Wrestling has defo passed me by and just reading the reports made me laugh more than anything...

Oh well, but anyway, i will never turn into one of those people who says you shouldnt watch wrestling its fake etc etc etc... its a good laugh, but just lost interest in it now.

God im getting old.

Thats cool really.

It happens man.

I still enjoy wrestling but I dont rush home to catch it if I am in danger of ever missing it. I watch most PPV's but I can miss the television show no bother now. It just is not must see television like it claims to be.

I will say that Wrestling has always been quite predictable but seems much more so these days. We are just very smart to it now.
    showstealer

Number of posts : 1977

Post  showstealer on Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:05 am

I've noticed wrestling has gotten quite dark recently, Jericho and Orton's promos aren't like the old time I'm going to kick your arse! shouting promos. The standard of wrestling has also gotten better, just a shame they don't listen to the fans and push the right people at the right time.

Ram Jam

Number of posts : 160
    Registration date : 2009-01-26

Post  Ram Jam on Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:03 pm

I'M GOING TO RAW TONIGHT! WOO!
    The Ayatollah

Number of posts : 719

Post  The Ayatollah on Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:51 am

Lucky you mate, it sounded like a good Raw!
    Shaun2J

Number of posts : 1030
    Registration date : 2008-09-19

Post  Shaun2J on Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:00 am

I quite like the idea of a restaurant called "Shawn Michaels" and him dancing in a monkey outfit. Very Happy
    showstealer

Number of posts : 1977

Post  showstealer on Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:37 am

2 weeks have past without a post.

Wow.
    Outlaw2x4

Number of posts : 664

Post  Outlaw2x4 on Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:14 am

Raw was great last night. Orton gets better every week. Also the Edge Cena promo was fantastic.
    PeteRoe

Number of posts : 253

Post  PeteRoe on Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:11 pm

HHH vs Orton it is then.

Not sure I am into that at the moment but maybe it will deliver.

Orton has been great lately and I must say HHH has put in some good performances of late.
    ThatChumpStain

Number of posts : 219
    Registration date : 2008-09-24

Post  ThatChumpStain on Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:55 pm

Outlaw2x4 wrote:Raw was great last night. Orton gets better every week. Also the Edge Cena promo was fantastic.
    Yeah, watched that on wwe.com (their new media player is far better, it works!) and it just seemed really good, apparently will be tough to beat in the weeks ahead but WrestleMania's shaping up well.
    chr1s

Number of posts : 67
    Registration date : 2009-01-01

Post  chr1s on Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:37 pm

Jericho's promos are getting better and better each week, I really like where this is going with the whole Legends feud!
    The Ayatollah

Number of posts : 719

Post  The Ayatollah on Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:52 pm

Agreed chr1s, Jericho has been gold with this whole legends angle, just a shame he will end up being jobbed out at the end of it

HHH-Orton looks like being really good, cant wait for Mania!
    Outlaw2x4

Post  Outlaw2x4 on Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:10 pm

Well the Jericho revelation was a severe disappointment.
    chr1s

Number of posts : 67
    Registration date : 2009-01-01

Post  chr1s on Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:21 am

Outlaw2x4 wrote:Well the Jericho revelation was a severe disappointment.

You kinda knew the WWE would manage to bottle it / fuck it up, anyway it couldn't had been Austin ever, his neck is in too bad of shape.
    Shaun2J

Post  Shaun2J on Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:33 am

Wouldn't be suprised if he made an appearance, give Jericho the stunner and have a few beers.
    Shaun2J

Post  Shaun2J on Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:06 am

Santino and the man-kini! Laughing
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

Number of posts : 1401
    Registration date : 2008-09-15

Post  Garibaldi on Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:30 pm

What the cock???

Halfway through the draft and so far RAW has MVP, Show, Matt Hardy and Trips, smackdown has Melina.

So now Raw has two titles and two sub-titles, Smackdown has a decimated upper card, a tag team belt and two Diva belts.

This had better see Cena, Bourne,and someone like Y2J or Morrison switching - so watch them get Haas, Regal and Hacksaw

Edit: Punk. Could be worse, but that means we'll probably be back to Punk and Edge again when the briefcase is used, assuming he doesn't copy last year and use it tonight to reclaim a title for his new show.

We've already probably gone straight back to Show v Kane and Trips V Orton on a regular basis. Right now, Edge is the only proven full-time main eventer on Smackdown, so someone big has to come across or he's spendoing the next six months facing Taker (when fitness allows) and a list of short-live dopponents from Jeff, Koslov, Khali, Kennedy, and Punk. Could be worse, but not strong enough for a major belt when RAW has all the main eventers it does.

Number of posts : 701

Post  The Stig on Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:27 pm

I think Smackdown's done quite well in this draft, actually. If Sydal/Bourne moves to Smackdown, that'll be the only one I need to watch.

Ram Jam

Number of posts : 160
    Registration date : 2009-01-26

Post  Ram Jam on Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:27 pm

There's still a supplemental draft as well, so it's not completely over yet.

Smackdown has Edge, Jericho, C.M. Punk, Jeff Hardy, Rey Mysterio, Undertaker. That's not bad, it's just in need of maybe a couple more guys there. They all have the talent, though, so that's good.

Good draft this year, a lot of big names actually moving, so that was cool.
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

Number of posts : 1401

Post  Garibaldi on Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:53 am

Yes, things gt better after I posted that, but still not good. My point is that for the top of the cards, they're now like this:

RAW:
    Main eventers: HHH, Orton, Cena, HBK, Batista, Show
    Upper Card: MVP, Matt, Kingston (I'm expecting Bourne or Henry to move across at least on Wednesday, maybe even Christian if he's eliminated tonight)

Smackdown:
    Main Eventers: Edge, Jeff, Y2J, Taker (6 months a year max)
    Upper card: Punk, Kane, Rey, Benjamin, Khali, Kennedy, Kendrick, Carlito...

Yeah, there's less of a logjam at the top and more guys waiting, so more chances for guys to make a name, but it feels more like they're the "not gonna make it on RAW" team now. Jericho hasn't had an in-roster feud this year, Jeff got moved over to give him a clear run at a belt he held for one month, Punk lost some of his sheen on RAW after the title win, Kane and Rey did noting really after their move to the show, Ditto Kennedy, Benjamin fizzled out, Kendrick was shafted as a tag team guy, Carlito was shafted full stop, Khali was an accident waiting to happen.

Do well on Smackdown, we'll promote you. hit a brick wall on RAW and you can go down to the minors. There are few guaranteed moneymaker matches waiting to happen on SD, so whilst they're fresher (Y2J v Edge would be a good one, but that would mean a face turn, and there aren't enough heels atop that card now either) there's no wa that they'll nick the occasional main event from RAW for a while now.

They've had fresh talent coming through again by the wazzoo for a few years now (Bourne, Kidd, Kingston, Punk, MVP, Kennedy, Swagger, Primo, DiBiase, Rhodes...)But they're not getting a fair crack again. As soon as they get opportunities on the "minor shows" they're shunted up to RAW. That would be good except 1. it happens too soon and 2. when they get there they're pushed back down the card because there's no room near the top. A few like Punk get a chance, but then that fizzles out and, a la the Spirit Squad scenario, there's suddenly nothing for them and they're dropped back down or released.

The strange thing is they keep trying to convince you that the Rosters are in equal competition...

Number of posts : 701

Post  The Stig on Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:25 am

While it's obvious that they do treat Raw as the brand with the star power, Smackdown is going to be the more entertaining show now in terms of match quality. With the roster they have now, it could be as good as back in 2002 when we had the Smackdown 6. Smackdown will feel incredibly fresh with the wrestlers they've received now, while Raw just feels like it's had a few midcarders added to it. There's some amazing matches and feuds which are now possible on Smackdown (Edge vs Punk, Jericho vs Rey, Benjamin vs Rey, Carlito vs Rey, etc), whereas the only new thing on Raw would be Matt vs Cena.

I think you're being incredibly negative towards the whole thing, Garibaldi; people are now going to be given a real chance to shine (Rey, Punk, etc) instead of being lost in the shuffle on Raw. It's now become an entertainment show, free of long monotonous promos from HHH and Cena. If Sydal is traded from ECW to Smackdown, then it's going to be an amazingly good show for the next year at the very least.
    Outlaw2x4

Post  Outlaw2x4 on Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:10 am

Apart from Punk I don't think Smackdown really benifited at all. Also why was Grisham suddenly a heel during the Dreamer match? All of a sudden he buries Dreamer saying he is as a much a legend as the Brooklyn Brawler. Where did that come from?

Did anyone else see Josh Matthews nose bleed?

Dr Hellwig PhD

Number of posts : 217
    Location : Perpetually moving through shitholes. Or Polmont and Croy as they are otherwise known
    Registration date : 2008-10-28

Post  Dr Hellwig PhD on Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:12 am

The Stig wrote:While it's obvious that they do treat Raw as the brand with the star power, Smackdown is going to be the more entertaining show now in terms of match quality. With the roster they have now, it could be as good as back in 2002 when we had the Smackdown 6. Smackdown will feel incredibly fresh with the wrestlers they've received now, while Raw just feels like it's had a few midcarders added to it. There's some amazing matches and feuds which are now possible on Smackdown (Edge vs Punk, Jericho vs Rey, Benjamin vs Rey, Carlito vs Rey, etc), whereas the only new thing on Raw would be Matt vs Cena.

Absolutely bang on.

I had started writing something along the same lines and then had to go back early from lunch!

Hopefully Christian and or Morrison will be drafted over in the supplementary draft to really nail the lid on which is the talent driven show. Close the doors for a year and let them all see how they get on.
    disco stu

Number of posts : 310
    Registration date : 2008-09-20

Post  disco stu on Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:17 pm

Outlaw2x4 wrote:Apart from Punk I don't think Smackdown really benifited at all. Also why was Grisham suddenly a heel during the Dreamer match? All of a sudden he buries Dreamer saying he is as a much a legend as the Brooklyn Brawler. Where did that come from?

Did anyone else see Josh Matthews nose bleed?

I would guess that would be an example of the McMahon ear piece in action.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:58 am