SmashLives!

SmashLife 2: the sequel project - SmashLives.....It's ALIVE!

Official Raw thread

Smoke Daddy

Number of posts : 49
    Registration date : 2008-09-19

Re: Official Raw thread

Post  Smoke Daddy on Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:20 am

Maybe they will have him character cut to second string...or maybe Triple H is just on Smackdown now. You cant have room for Trips, Hardy, and Koslov after all.
    KJ

Number of posts : 124
    Registration date : 2008-09-21

Post  KJ on Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:29 am

PeteRoe wrote:Yeah...I thought it was a pretty good MVP impression.

Match was alright too for what it was.

Where are they going with this MVP loss record thing?

I think MVP will be going to TNA.

Whatever he's done, it must have been damn bad to be jobbed out for 9 months straight.
    Shaun2J

Number of posts : 1030

Post  Shaun2J on Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:37 am

The story was that he called one of those Wellness policy people out during a test. Something along the lines of: "Did you get a doctors degree just to look at men's parts"

Found an interesting story on the net, not sure if it was true. Apparently the WWE were disappointed that they invested so much into Lashley and Lesnar that they also had big plans for MVP. The Streak is just something to see if MVP would hold on to the contract.

Bit strange though, can't drag the streak too long.
    Shaun2J

Post  Shaun2J on Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:24 am

They honestly don't know what to do with Kane anymore? Didn't we have this in 2004
    PeteRoe

Number of posts : 253
    Registration date : 2008-09-18

Post  PeteRoe on Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:51 am

Yeah, it is pretty uninteresting as well.

No one cares about Kelly Kelly and no one really cares about Kane.

Perfect match!

Anyways...I saw RAW this week and have a few thoughts.

I saw Sim Snuka make his RAW debut in that new role and do we think he will be joining Legacy? I am liking the look of this stable now and feel it could go places given the right approach. Ted Di Biase coming back will bring a different angle to it also. I can see him challenging Orton for the leader spot there.

Where now for Jericho? May be in a little bit of limbo as everyone seems tied up with storylines.

Really enjoyed the tag title match. Miz and Morisson are bloody class and watching them mix it up with Punk and Kingston was really entertaining.
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

Number of posts : 1401
    Registration date : 2008-09-15

Post  Garibaldi on Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:06 pm

Having seen this week's, with Superhaas Laughing and Manu missing out on Legacy membership, I'm begionning to think that DiBiase is due back soon.

My guess, each will fail, one a week, (First Sim, then Cody) and when Orton kicks Rhodes out, Manu and Sim come out to confrontb him, and when he berates them and says they're losers and needed a leader like him DiBiase returns and takes him out from behind.

But god, Haas is really getting good at these things! lol!

Post  PeteRoe on Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:06 pm

That is not really a bad theory as in all honesty...the only good that was ever gonna come from "Legacy" was the making of Ted Jr.

Cody Rhodes, Manu and Sim Snuka - I believe will merely just be bodies to make up this storyline between Orton and Ted Jr. Cody does not have the look of a main eventer and cannot see them getting there, Manu looks set for FCW duty soon and Sim Snuka....well...he was part of Deuce and Domino and was not great.
    showstealer

Number of posts : 1977
    Registration date : 2008-09-17

Post  showstealer on Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:29 am

I loved the end of Raw, although they should of given a Mike to JBL and build up the heel heat a little, lie down if you want to feed your family etc.

Last edited by ShowStealer on Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:18 am; edited 1 time in total
    PeteRoe

Post  PeteRoe on Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:54 am

Yeah that would have been pretty awesome.

I love the JBL and HBK storyline and how it is going.

Wonder what the big pay off will be as you have to assume with it being so close to Mania and it being one of the bigger angles there will be something big.
    'Dub
    The Final Cylon

Number of posts : 350

Post  'Dub on Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:37 am

PeteRoe wrote:Yeah that would have been pretty awesome.

I love the JBL and HBK storyline and how it is going.

Wonder what the big pay off will be as you have to assume with it being so close to Mania and it being one of the bigger angles there will be something big.

This may be a long shot, but I'm guessing the big payoff will be some sort of pro wrestling match at this 'Wrestlemania' event you speak of.
    PeteRoe

Post  PeteRoe on Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:13 pm

Well yes but a straight up JBL vs HBK match is not something to really lick the lips at is it?

I was thinking more along the lines of some kind of gimmick match. I know HBK could get a good match out of JBL but I assume that they will be introducing some sort of gimmick to stack the odds against HBK as it seems set in stone he will win if it were a singles match.
    'Dub
    The Final Cylon

Number of posts : 350

Post  'Dub on Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:21 pm

PeteRoe wrote:Well yes but a straight up JBL vs HBK match is not something to really lick the lips at is it?

With months of buildup wherein HBK isn't allowed to touch JBL, I think it's plenty.
    PeteRoe

Post  PeteRoe on Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:01 pm

See how it goes eh?

So far so good but wouldnt mind a no holds barred match.

Whats the plans for RAW tonight? Only saw a tidbit of the preview and Melina and Goldust team tonight, can only assume that is against Glamarella.

Heard also that there will be an IC title match between Punk and Regal.
    KJ

Post  KJ on Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:22 pm

It's strange to see just how few people on the forums have reacted to the 'firing' of Jericho, with little or no speculation as to the reason/storyline behind it.

The suddenness of it reminded me a bit of Undertaker's mysterious 30 day holiday after losing the 'Ladder Match' against Edge.

Sure thing that he's coming back with The Vinnie Mac tonight though!
    The Stig

Number of posts : 701

Post  The Stig on Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:17 pm

KJ wrote:The suddenness of it reminded me a bit of Undertaker's mysterious 30 day holiday after losing the 'Ladder Match' against Edge.

Maybe the fact that it was a 'Loser Leaves WWE' ladder (TLC) match might explain it.

In real life, he had a knee injury.
    Dr Hellwig PhD

Number of posts : 217
    Location : Perpetually moving through shitholes. Or Polmont and Croy as they are otherwise known
    Registration date : 2008-10-28

Post  Dr Hellwig PhD on Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:54 pm

KJ wrote:It's strange to see just how few people on the forums have reacted to the 'firing' of Jericho, with little or no speculation as to the reason/storyline behind it.

The suddenness of it reminded me a bit of Undertaker's mysterious 30 day holiday after losing the 'Ladder Match' against Edge.

I've developed a new theory on this and their booking in general - At the minute the marks are all being conditioned to believe that Edge is responsible, in some way, for the recent accidents affecting Jeff Hardy. Likewise, all of the smarts have naturally leapt to the conclusion that Christian is responsible - it's a hell of a big angle for a guy coming in from TNA's midcard regardless of his IWC popularity...

What if it's a swerve and Jericho is responsible? He's their top heel at the moment bar none and there's nowhere else for him to go on Raw at the moment - he's feuded with HBK and Cena and there's no other RAW faces at a high enough level to create any significant draws - Batista is out and either Punk or Mysterio would be viewed as a step down for a guy being touted as the brand's top heel, his jumping to Smackdown would leave the door open for Orton to step back up to number #1 heel in time for a Cena/Orton Mania.

Hardy retains at the Rumble and is jumped by Jericho post-match. Leads to Championship match at No Way Out which Jericho wins allowing him to be the transitional champ that lies down to Mr Levesque at Wrestlemania.

Trips gets to pin the company's hottest heel to re-establish himself as top dog while giving Jericho a (fully deserved) pay day for his year's work.
    disco stu

Number of posts : 310
    Registration date : 2008-09-20

Post  disco stu on Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:40 am

I like your thinking.
    Dr Hellwig PhD

Number of posts : 217
    Location : Perpetually moving through shitholes. Or Polmont and Croy as they are otherwise known
    Registration date : 2008-10-28

Post  Dr Hellwig PhD on Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:55 am

Dr Hellwig PhD wrote:
    KJ wrote:It's strange to see just how few people on the forums have reacted to the 'firing' of Jericho, with little or no speculation as to the reason/storyline behind it.

I've developed a new theory on this and their booking in general - At the minute the marks are all being conditioned to believe that Edge is responsible, in some way, for the recent accidents affecting Jeff Hardy. Likewise, all of the smarts have naturally leapt to the conclusion that Christian is responsible - it's a hell of a big angle for a guy coming in from TNA's midcard regardless of his IWC popularity...

What if it's a swerve and Jericho is responsible? He's their top heel at the moment bar none and there's nowhere else for him to go on Raw at the moment - he's feuded with HBK and Cena and there's no other RAW faces at a high enough level to create any significant draws - Batista is out and either Punk or Mysterio would be viewed as a step down for a guy being touted as the brand's top heel, his jumping to Smackdown would leave the door open for Orton to step back up to number #1 heel in time for a Cena/Orton Mania.

Hardy retains at the Rumble and is jumped by Jericho post-match. Leads to Championship match at No Way Out which Jericho wins allowing him to be the transitional champ that lies down to Mr Levesque at Wrestlemania.

Trips gets to pin the company's hottest heel to re-establish himself as top dog while giving Jericho a (fully deserved) pay day for his year's work.

Or then there's Option B...

Publically cut his balls off and crush any remaining belief that the fans have that this is a genuine top level heel.

Ah well...

One slightly brighter aspect was the finish - didn't see that coming.
    KJ

Post  KJ on Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:18 pm

The Stig wrote:
    KJ wrote:The suddenness of it reminded me a bit of Undertaker's mysterious 30 day holiday after losing the 'Ladder Match' against Edge.

Maybe the fact that it was a 'Loser Leaves WWE' ladder (TLC) match might explain it.

Might have failed the 'Wellness' policy too. The injury itself was not severe enough to warrant him dropping a title he had won two months prior, especially given that last year's title reign was cut short.
    The Stig

Number of posts : 701

Post  The Stig on Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:53 pm

KJ wrote:
    The Stig wrote:

Might have failed the 'Wellness' policy too. The injury itself was not severe enough to warrant him dropping a title he had won two months prior, especially given that last year's title reign was cut short.

He had surgery performed on both of them. Neutral
    IOV

Number of posts : 998
    Registration date : 2008-09-16

Post  IOV on Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:29 am

The Stig wrote:
    KJ wrote:
    The Stig wrote:

He had surgery performed on both of them. Neutral

KJ never lets the truth get in the way of a good story
    Shaun2J

Post  Shaun2J on Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:34 am

Wow, now one talking about Vince's lights getting punted out?
    PeteRoe

Post  PeteRoe on Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:04 am

It was pretty cool I thought. WWE are doing a great job with Orton.

Steph is sooooooo in on it.

What do you reckon is the plan now for Orton going into Mania?
    KJ

Post  KJ on Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:35 am

Orton vs Austin, with Vince bringing him back to take care of business.

One night only.
    chr1s

Number of posts : 67
    Registration date : 2009-01-01

Post  chr1s on Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:50 pm

That would be great except Austin is so badly banged up one wrong bump could destroy his neck, I reckon its going to be Cena/Orton at WM 25
    Garibaldi
    The Higher Power

Number of posts : 1401

Post  Garibaldi on Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:58 pm

Have a feeling that Austin will be used as a special ref for HBK v JBL for an all-texas match myself.

Staph...very possible. I'd say Shane trying to take out both if not for his general wish to stay in the background.

btw, aren't Snuka and Manu related somehow? I though The Rock was related to both their dads or something. If so, how about a samoan-themed competition for Legacy?

Post  IOV on Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:25 pm

KJ wrote:Orton vs Austin, with Vince bringing him back to take care of business.

One night only.

Borrow many ideas from the steel cage do you or is this just a one off?
    KJ

Post  KJ on Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:14 am

IOV wrote:
    KJ wrote:Orton vs Austin, with Vince bringing him back to take care of business.

One night only.

Borrow many ideas from the steel cage do you or is this just a one off?

Steel cage?

Anyways in response to 'Chr1s' Austin is not 'banged up' as he retired with three years of wrestling left before he would have had serious, long-term health problems.

In 'Muscle & Fitness' last July I think it was he openly says that he is fine, still trains but left wrestling because he wanted to enjoy life and not suffer the consequences of bumping around.

He could quite easily have one more match.
    IOV

Post  IOV on Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:23 am

http://blogs.trb.com/sports/specialevent/wrestling/
    PeteRoe

Post  PeteRoe on Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:33 am

chr1s wrote:That would be great except Austin is so badly banged up one wrong bump could destroy his neck, I reckon its going to be Cena/Orton at WM 25

JR keeps saying this but Austin has said different.

I believe he will have that "one more match", would probably have to be soon though.

Orton vs Austin would be pretty good.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:58 am